Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default When Fred Phelps dies...

What do you think the public response should be? I can definitely see a massive knee jerk reaction and hundreds of people descending to picket his funeral. And I think that is justifiable. However the classy response would be to leave the funeral alone and let the family grieve (if that is possible) in peace. More difficult, but far superior.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: When Fred Phelps dies...

They'll blame gays for his death and picket it themselves. That inbred dyke daughter of his is running things anyway.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
They'll blame gays for his death and picket it themselves. That inbred dyke daughter of his is running things anyway.

Yeah but Fred is the figurehead. I think he is more symbolic of the church than the daughter.

I just watched the Louis Theroux documentary on them. Just amazing how crazy they are lol. But I don't think we should be brought down to their level when it is all said and done.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
What do you think the public response should be? I can definitely see a massive knee jerk reaction and hundreds of people descending to picket his funeral. And I think that is justifiable. However the classy response would be to leave the funeral alone and let the family grieve (if that is possible) in peace. More difficult, but far superior.

You are probably right. Why lower ourselves to their level?

I also think the family will want to be picketed, as they tend to like anything that gives them more publicity. Best thing to do would probably be to ignore them.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

If picketing the funeral actually got through to them, then I think that it NEEDS to be done. The members of the Westboro Baptist Church have some of the most warped minds of any 'religious' people I've ever seen (and that is saying something).

Unfortunately, I don't think that picketing the funeral would do anything to change the members beliefs/opinions; so I think that picketing would just serve as a 'justice/revenge' factor for all the people whom the church has wronged through their protests.

Regardless, I feel so bad for the kids who are raised in that family. Being subjected to their doctrine of hate from a young age just ruins their chances of developing as a normal human.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fuck that guy and his family. I hope they all get their funerals picketed with signs reading, "You're going to hell" and "Jesus hates you."
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope they get picketed but that's stooping to their level.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with the second poster, they will probably picket it themselves, honestly wouldn't surprise me.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: