Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Lowry speaks out against McHale... Is he available?

If we have to trade Pau......

Maybe we could trade Pau for Scola and Lowry? I'd do it....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Lowry speaks out against McHale... Is he available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
If we have to trade Pau......

Maybe we could trade Pau for Scola and Lowry? I'd do it....

dont care for Lowry/scola....Scola specially with his 30mil remaining on his contract...Pau has 2 yrs left while Scola has 3 years left....difference = 8mil/yr

Scola is older then Pau...and already has multiple injuries....and his knees are giving up on him....

Pau/Sessions(full training camp & Time together) >>> Lowry/Scola

now if you can turn this into a 3 team trade...with us getting Deron....thats a different story...

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 05-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

I'm sorry but the Lakers have lost two years in a row with this Bynum/Gasol tandem. It's pretty obvious that teams know how to exploit the Lakers now. They're both horrible pick n roll defenders. Sessions also cannot guard Westbrook and has disappeared in the playoffs. He's just proving to everyone that he's not much more than a bench PG. A full season and training camp isn't going to change that. They are what we thought they were.

It's time for a change, some needed youth and toughness at the 1 and 4. Kyle Lowry, Darren Collison, Deron Williams, Paul Millsap, Carl Landry, Michael Beasley, Lamar Odom. These are the guys the Lakers should be going after. One of Bynum or Gasol needs to go.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I'm sorry but the Lakers have lost two years in a row with this Bynum/Gasol tandem. It's pretty obvious that teams know how to exploit the Lakers now. They're both horrible pick n roll defenders. Sessions also cannot guard Westbrook and has disappeared in the playoffs. He's just proving to everyone that he's not much more than a bench PG. A full season and training camp isn't going to change that. They are what we thought they were.

It's time for a change, some needed youth and toughness at the 1 and 4. Kyle Lowry, Darren Collison, Deron Williams, Paul Millsap, Carl Landry, Michael Beasley, Lamar Odom. These are the guys the Lakers should be going after. One of Bynum or Gasol needs to go.

I understand that and I am ready for a change...but it doesnt mean we should make a trade to make a trade.....lowry/scola is not a deal you want to make just for making it....
Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I understand that and I am ready for a change...but it doesnt mean we should make a trade to make a trade.....lowry/scola is not a deal you want to make just for making it....

I agree. I would not want Scola coming back in this trade (he's ancient). I rather have Lowry/Beasley/Milicic (expirer) coming back to the Lakers in a 3-team trade with Rockets/Wolves for Gasol/Blake.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
I agree. I would not want Scola coming back in this trade (he's ancient). I rather have Lowry/Beasley/Milicic (expirer) coming back to the Lakers in a 3-team trade with Rockets/Wolves for Gasol/Blake.

Beasy is a unrestricted free agent(not 100% sure). He has fair value in the league but I think we can get him for Mini Mle...which is good deal + LO for vet min
Old 05-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I agree that Ramon may have suffered a bit during the playoffs, but his numbers weren't so bad considering he didnt play in 4th quarters and Kobe was handling the ball half the time.

There is still hope for me that Ramon can be a full time starter and do well. He's still a much better upgrade over Derek Fisher either way you slice it.

Lastly, I wouldn't rate a player's performance by "who can guard Westbrook". This is unfair. Who can guard westbrook?
lakerfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree that Ramon may have suffered a bit during the playoffs, but his numbers weren't so bad considering he didnt play in 4th quarters and Kobe was handling the ball half the time.

There is still hope for me that Ramon can be a full time starter and do well. He's still a much better upgrade over Derek Fisher either way you slice it.

Lastly, I wouldn't rate a player's performance by "who can guard Westbrook". This is unfair. Who can guard westbrook?

Rather than wait on Sessions to develop, why not get a starter capable PG now and push Ramon back to his backup role where he has excelled for that past 5 seasons of his career (11pts/6ast avg). As for who can guard Westbrook, Lowry can. I believe Collison also can stay in front of him just like the good days at UCLA.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:

We cannot wait on any starter to develop.....sure we need to develop guys, but not plan on a guy to become a starter.....if Sessions improves to that level then great.
Basketball History tells us that when Kobe is done, the party is over for awhile. That's just how it works. Even look at Lakers and Boston history.
We are wasting Kobe's years on a bunch of bullsh!t possibilities......most importantly the coach.....but there are other things that need fixing too....we cannot just wait and hope.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
We cannot wait on any starter to develop.....sure we need to develop guys, but not plan on a guy to become a starter.....if Sessions improves to that level then great.
Basketball History tells us that when Kobe is done, the party is over for awhile. That's just how it works. Even look at Lakers and Boston history.
We are wasting Kobe's years on a bunch of bullsh!t possibilities......most importantly the coach.....but there are other things that need fixing too....we cannot just wait and hope.

I totally agree with this....Thats why i hate packages like Derrick Williams package or Houston Rockets for only Scola/Lowry...Lowry i dont think has any big game experience....

Get somebody like Josh Smith...pipe Dream: Deron Williams....Chicago Package of Deng/Noah

get guys who can contribute in the playoffs....
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
dont care for Lowry/scola....Scola specially with his 30mil remaining on his contract...Pau has 2 yrs left while Scola has 3 years left....difference = 8mil/yr

Scola is older then Pau...and already has multiple injuries....and his knees are giving up on him....

Pau/Sessions(full training camp & Time together) >>> Lowry/Scola

now if you can turn this into a 3 team trade...with us getting Deron....thats a different story...

The you have any links about Scola's injuries? I really like Luis but you I just would like some confirmation about his health. Yes, there was like a 2 month period where he just averaged 7 rebs/game but got a lot better towards the end of the season, punishing the Lakers with his strength and his 15 footers.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Seeing that we both have our disagreements, I would like to point out that maybe MB should have given Ramon Sessions the 4th quarters. If he'd been embarrassed in a game, he'd want to come back with some sense of revenge in the next game. Does that make sense?

Im obviously relying on "X-Factors" here more than statistics and X's and O's, that part is your job

But what I am saying is, Ramon has all the necessary skills to be a full time starter. He's a great handler, passer, very quick and can take it inside.

I literally think his struggles was all a direct result of that stupid talk the team had with him. I think they should let him control the tempo and do his thing. We all know Kobe could keep up with a fast paced game.

Other than his crappy defense, can you tell me one flaw in his offensive game which would be a deciding factor in whether he starts full time or not?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

A prime jason kidd. A prime Glove.

MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
A prime jason kidd. A prime Glove.

I would tend to agree. If only there were point guards who had these skill sets. This reminds me of the good ol' days when every team had one super star, and role players surrounding them. EVERYONE did their parts. The NBA in the 80's and 90's was probably the best we will ever see.

Now you look at today's NBA. Everyone wants to score, everyone wants to earn max contracts. They don't seem to have an "unconditional" love for the game anymore. I loved prime Gary Payton. When I was younger I bought his shoes "Son of Gloves", and I would try to model my game after his. A posting up point guard. He was very fundamental. We just don't have that anymore ever since the Iverson era came along. No disrespect to him but his style changed the NBA forever.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

Not true that teams know how to exploit the Lakers. We need an elite point guard in order to compete in this league as it is today. Look at the teams that are left and their point guards: Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, and Russell Westbrook. That position has such an influence over the game that we simply need a REAL upgrade over what we've had recently. We're gonna get Deron Williams and we'll be back on top again. Kyle Lowry is not the caliber of point guard we want in LA. He's average. We want elite.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: