Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #61
BØBØ
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Gotcha Bobo !!!!!!!
It's sad that was the high point of your day but keep doing what you do.

Obvoiusly Frank Foley takes himself to seriously and fails to recognize sarcasm.
You'd think somebody not arguing by analogy by typing an analogy would be more receptive.

Fact is many in this forum has been all over Mike Brown since day one with no reason other than he's not Phil Jackson. Now I will grant most of it done by known trolls using multiple accounts to to provide their own support in their discussion but still this forum has for the most part lacked any critical thinking skills when it comes to this season the new CBA the future of the Lakers. We actually had people chiding the Lakers front office for not going after Chauncey Billiups and Lin when the facts are the Lakers couldn't go after them. That's just two examples but far from the only instances I've read this season
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #62
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
It's sad that was the high point of your day but keep doing what you do.

Obvoiusly Frank Foley takes himself to seriously and fails to recognize sarcasm.
You'd think somebody not arguing by analogy by typing an analogy would be more receptive.

Fact is many in this forum has been all over Mike Brown since day one with no reason other than he's not Phil Jackson. Now I will grant most of it done by known trolls using multiple accounts to to provide their own support in their discussion but still this forum has for the most part lacked any critical thinking skills when it comes to this season the new CBA the future of the Lakers. We actually had people chiding the Lakers front office for not going after Chauncey Billiups and Lin when the facts are the Lakers couldn't go after them. That's just two examples but far from the only instances I've read this season

Far from the high point of my day, but it was a good post nonetheless. You're way off base when you say the reason people don't like Brown is because he's not Phil Jackson. It's because he's not a good coach! We've explained this in great detail many times. He's mediocre at best and Lakers fans want better than that. It's pretty simple. They could've hired a number of different people and nobody would be ripping on the coach like this at all. It would be one thing if it was just the fans. When all the ex nba players who do commentary and give their opinions as well have said the same and pointed out how many mistakes he's made that's definitely more than forum trolls. Let's not forget, Cleveland fired this guy because Lebron was fed up with him and didn't want to play for him any more. They did so as a last ditch effort to try to keep him there. That really sounds like a guy that people want to play for...... The Chauncey thing was a while ago but if I remember correctly the Lakers did try to go after him. They just didn't put in as high of a bid as the Clippers did, because the Clippers had all kinds of cap space. I'm glad the Lakers didn't go after Lin. He's way over rated. Let him stay on another team that won't be able to win any championships.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #63
BØBØ
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Far from the high point of my day, but it was a good post nonetheless. You're way off base when you say the reason people don't like Brown is because he's not Phil Jackson. It's because he's not a good coach! We've explained this in great detail many times. He's mediocre at best and Lakers fans want better than that. It's pretty simple. They could've hired a number of different people and nobody would be ripping on the coach like this at all. It would be one thing if it was just the fans. When all the ex nba players who do commentary and give their opinions as well have said the same and pointed out how many mistakes he's made that's definitely more than forum trolls. Let's not forget, Cleveland fired this guy because Lebron was fed up with him and didn't want to play for him any more. They did so as a last ditch effort to try to keep him there. That really sounds like a guy that people want to play for...... The Chauncey thing was a while ago but if I remember correctly the Lakers did try to go after him. They just didn't put in as high of a bid as the Clippers did, because the Clippers had all kinds of cap space. I'm glad the Lakers didn't go after Lin. He's way over rated. Let him stay on another team that won't be able to win any championships.
Prime example of what I'm talking about.

For the last time due to the new CBA the Lakers are barred from bidding on Billups Lin and any other player that was or is waived. They cannot bid or make offers on free agents if they are over the cap until every team under the lux cap has passed on bidding for that players services.

The rest of your post is mostly hot air. Show us some actual quotes bring us some actual data and stop re-vomiting up sports writers conjecture that 95% of the time is just made up or distorted stories for the blind followers to read.

Chaz ring a bell? Berger made saps out of so many laker fans with that one and all he does weeks later is tweet I stand corrected when the facts are revealed.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #64
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Jordan Hill

If all those experts are so stupid and you're so smart why don't you just take one of their jobs? There's no hot air to what I said. Just read through the threads on this message board and you'll see that most people don't think Mike Brown is a good coach and we've given plenty of specific examples as to why. You can post your BS but when it comes down to it the only two people here who really like Brown as a coach and try to defend him are you and Lakerfreak. The rest of the world doesn't view him as a good coach based on all of his bonehead moves that I'm not going to repost over again.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #65
BØBØ
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
If all those experts are so stupid and you're so smart why don't you just take one of their jobs? There's no hot air to what I said. Just read through the threads on this message board and you'll see that most people don't think Mike Brown is a good coach and we've given plenty of specific examples as to why. You can post your BS but when it comes down to it the only two people here who really like Brown as a coach and try to defend him are you and Lakerfreak. The rest of the world doesn't view him as a good coach based on all of his bonehead moves that I'm not going to repost over again.



Translated: "I can't find one valid link to back up my point so I'll just keep blowing hot air"
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #66
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ



Translated: "I can't find one valid link to back up my point so I'll just keep blowing hot air"

No, translated as just what I've said. There have been many solid posts on here about it already. I'm not going to keep writing the same things over and over. I have a real job that I work at and I'm not going to waste my time re-posting things I already have. You're not going to convince anyone on here Mike Brown is a great coach.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #67
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Frank Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 759
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Obvoiusly Frank Foley takes himself to seriously and fails to recognize sarcasm.

There's really no need to be so abrasive. I make fun of myself and my, um, verbosity all the time. I also recognized your sarcasm (all of your posts have a sardonic edge to them), but I played it straight this time.

Quote:
You'd think somebody not arguing by analogy by typing an analogy would be more receptive.

Analogies aren't always used to posit arguments; in fact, they shouldn't be.

Also, your statement is nonsensical. Being "receptive" is not intrinsically linked to making analogies. You'd think somebody who makes snarky internet posts would be more water-absorbent.

Quote:
Fact is many in this forum has been all over Mike Brown since day one with no reason other than he's not Phil Jackson. Now I will grant most of it done by known trolls using multiple accounts to to provide their own support in their discussion but still this forum has for the most part lacked any critical thinking skills when it comes to this season the new CBA the future of the Lakers.

No need for the ad hominem. It's unfair and illogical to suggest (as you did earlier in this thread) that someone who dislikes Mike Brown's hiring is some mindless, media-driven automaton. That's literally just as bad as saying anyone who defends Mike Brown is secretly in love with him (and yes, I know that's happened on this board as well).

Seriously, dude, I have no ill will towards you. I'm just a talkative lad who likes to express his opinion. Sorry if any of that's rubbed you the wrong way.

Last edited by Frank Foley : 05-24-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Far from the high point of my day, but it was a good post nonetheless. You're way off base when you say the reason people don't like Brown is because he's not Phil Jackson. It's because he's not a good coach! We've explained this in great detail many times. He's mediocre at best and Lakers fans want better than that. It's pretty simple. They could've hired a number of different people and nobody would be ripping on the coach like this at all. It would be one thing if it was just the fans. When all the ex nba players who do commentary and give their opinions as well have said the same and pointed out how many mistakes he's made that's definitely more than forum trolls. Let's not forget, Cleveland fired this guy because Lebron was fed up with him and didn't want to play for him any more. They did so as a last ditch effort to try to keep him there. That really sounds like a guy that people want to play for...... The Chauncey thing was a while ago but if I remember correctly the Lakers did try to go after him. They just didn't put in as high of a bid as the Clippers did, because the Clippers had all kinds of cap space. I'm glad the Lakers didn't go after Lin. He's way over rated. Let him stay on another team that won't be able to win any championships.


WTF is with anyone who thinks they know basketball defending MB.....as you said EVERYONE who knows the game knows he is a turrible coach

Some folks need to be given an NBA IQ test.....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #69
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,697
Default Re: Jordan Hill

From the start I wanted Rick Adelman,( like DK) and I wanted Mike Brown only as the team's defensive coordinator.
I have my own issues with Mike but I don't think he is that terrible like some fans here think, calling him patato head, clown, clueless etc.
Brown lead Cleveland to a pretty good record and I don't think it's just bec of the greatness of Lebron along with his horde of role players.
Lakers was the 3rd best team in the West, with Kobe struggling at 42% Pau taking in a new role and a weak bench. Factor in that they had very limited training camp and preseason games etc.
If Mike is so dumb and stupid, Lakers would have really struggled winning, team and players stats would be revealing all these and most importantly, players would surely revolt like what happened so many times before.
Am I saying that Mike Brown is a great coach? Absolutely not.
but my goodness....one fan here boldly stated that any coach would have easily guided this team to wins over Boston, Dallas, OKC, Spurs etc like Brown did...
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #70
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Jordan Hill

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...1024366.column

Great article on Mike Brown

As much as Mike Brown's lack of coaching disturbs me, his comments about the game......virtually all of his comments are horrifying. He tells reporters that he has no idea what type of energy his team will come out with????
WTF.....is he a fan or is he the coach of the team? I'll be damned if I ever make an idiotic comment like that, he is coaching a veteran championship team and he doesn't know they are fired up nor that he has done anything to fire them up....Plasche even knew this was disturbing. The guy doesn't have the winning mind of a championship coach.....nor any coaching ability.

This reminds me of Adam Morrison......guys were saying that they expected big things his last season with the Lakers. I told everyone that he just doesn't move or react like an NBA player, he so badly failed my eye test it wasn't even funny. Brown fails my eye test, ear test......every test I have.

Tam.....on any given day any team can beat another team.....do you really think ANY team in basketball history has gone a season only losing to contenders??? We have enough talent on this team to beat anyone with or without a coach on a given night.....don't try to credit Brown for a few regular season wins as if that is what the Lakers are all about
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #71
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,697
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
[url]Tam.....on any given day any team can beat another team.....do you really think ANY team in basketball history has gone a season only losing to contenders??? We have enough talent on this team to beat anyone with or without a coach on a given night.....don't try to credit Brown for a few regular season wins as if that is what the Lakers are all about

Yes, you have a valid point that on a given day any tean can beat another but without a "coach on a given night? against the top teams?
Lakers won 62% of their games, won the series vs the Clips, swept Dallas and Boston etc etc. Again Im not saying Brown is a good coach but the worst one? I disagree.
If this is the case, it would manifest in
1. Stats and win/loss records. Their offense would be less efficient, ranking in the bottom 3rd in FG%, turnovers, assists/game. Thier defense will be porous, bottom 3rd in allowed pts, FG% blocks, etc etc.
2. Leaders on the team will be extremely vocal to the point of ripping him in public and/or internally. As you and some other fans explained before, superstars will get coaches fired. Magic did it, MJ, Howard, Deron Williams, etc etc. If they can't get the coach fired, there are other ways like playing half heartedly, or faking injuries resulting to bad losses.
ok let me ask you where do you rank Mike Brown with the following coaches.
Flip Saunders, Vinny Del Negro, Paul Westphall, Paul Silas, Keith Smart, Lionel Hollins, Erik Spoelstra. Would you please rank them from best to worst? thanks... esp for not using profanities and insults.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #72
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman
 
TryToBeUnbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,691
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Didn't the Lakers organization go after none of the player MB wanted ?
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #73
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yes, you have a valid point that on a given day any tean can beat another but without a "coach on a given night? against the top teams?
Lakers won 62% of their games, won the series vs the Clips, swept Dallas and Boston etc etc. Again Im not saying Brown is a good coach but the worst one? I disagree.
If this is the case, it would manifest in
1. Stats and win/loss records. Their offense would be less efficient, ranking in the bottom 3rd in FG%, turnovers, assists/game. Thier defense will be porous, bottom 3rd in allowed pts, FG% blocks, etc etc.
2. Leaders on the team will be extremely vocal to the point of ripping him in public and/or internally. As you and some other fans explained before, superstars will get coaches fired. Magic did it, MJ, Howard, Deron Williams, etc etc. If they can't get the coach fired, there are other ways like playing half heartedly, or faking injuries resulting to bad losses.
ok let me ask you where do you rank Mike Brown with the following coaches.
Flip Saunders, Vinny Del Negro, Paul Westphall, Paul Silas, Keith Smart, Lionel Hollins, Erik Spoelstra. Would you please rank them from best to worst? thanks... esp for not using profanities and insults.

LMAO.....you do realize we have a helluva lot of talent right???

I bet my old butt could take down the baddest warrior if I was armed with a machine gun and he had a pea shooter.....lol.

In case you missed it, the Lakers players have no respect for Brown as a coach.....is anyone actually arguing against this???

I rank Mike Brown last among the coaches you listed....just a bit behind Vinny. Mike Brown doesn't even understand the game he is supposed to be coaching. His real experience is that of a video editor......not even someone who can analyze the video. Now the guy is conning his way into jobs with the greatest players in the league......it would be completely laughable if not for the fact that we hired him. I used to laugh at the guy when he coached Cleveland.....I mean it was extremely obvious that he had no clue as to what he was doing.......they may as well hired a team's massage therapist to coach for all the guy knew.
Vinny at least played in the NBA, at least he knows something about the game. Coach Spo is also laughable, it was like giving the keys to the greatest race car ever to a kid who just passed drivers training.....lol.
If Miami wins it will be because of superior talent NOT his coaching.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #74
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Didn't the Lakers organization go after none of the player MB wanted ?

Mike Brown thought he was going to have a team that consisted of CP3, Kobe, and Dwight. After all that failed, he thought he was going to have a team with Lamar Odom off the bench. That failed as well.

The season was tough to begin with. Anxious to see how this off-season plays out. One thing is for sure, the title of this thread is who we need to keep. I've never seen someone hustle so much, and have stats to back it up. He was way more valuable than McRoberts.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #75
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,697
Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LMAO.....you do realize we have a helluva lot of talent right???I bet my old butt could take down the baddest warrior if I was armed with a machine gun and he had a pea shooter.....lol.

In case you missed it, the Lakers players have no respect for Brown as a coach.....is anyone actually arguing against this???

I rank Mike Brown last among the coaches you listed....just a bit behind Vinny. Mike Brown doesn't even understand the game he is supposed to be coaching. His real experience is that of a video editor......not even someone who can analyze the video. Now the guy is conning his way into jobs with the greatest players in the league......it would be completely laughable if not for the fact that we hired him. I used to laugh at the guy when he coached Cleveland.....I mean it was extremely obvious that he had no clue as to what he was doing.......they may as well hired a team's massage therapist to coach for all the guy knew.
Vinny at least played in the NBA, at least he knows something about the game. Coach Spo is also laughable, it was like giving the keys to the greatest race car ever to a kid who just passed drivers training.....lol.
If Miami wins it will be because of superior talent NOT his coaching.
ahh How do you define helluva talent, again?
1.Your leader shoots 42%, contemplated on retiring after registering all time playoff lows, had to go to Germany to get that plasma thing last summer
2. As you whined and cried for 4 years that Fisher is the WORST starting PG, backed up by your detailed stats.
3. YOu also proclaimed that Pau is as soft as puppy crap who grew a female reproductive anatomy.
4. You lose your BEST 6TH man, Lamar Odom to Dallas for nothing.
5. YOu said Steve Blake is a SCRUB!!!
6. You starting center is one of the most selfish players around, losing his cool, getting tossed in couple of games, suspended for 5 games or simply would not hustle when he doesn'tget the ball.
7. YOur bench is arguably the weakest in the entire league, so much so you whined about the managements' inability to sign players like Jeremy Lin..
8. Your starting SF, Metta shot like 18 % from the 3pt area, shot like 33% from the field the first 3 months.
See how it all works out for your argument when you basically trashed everybody from the Lakers roster not named Kobe?
Yeah, thats helluva talent, better than the Clips with thier talent? Memphis?
What about Boston with their big 4 who had a lower record?
Ok I get it, you hate Mike Brown.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy