Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #31
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is a pretty well-respected posterTheMan is a pretty well-respected posterTheMan is a pretty well-respected posterTheMan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Anybody know any good documentaries?

Trekkies, really funny
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #32
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Why We Laugh.

A good 2 hour doc on black stand up comedy directed by Robert Townsend and featured insight from Townsend himself, Dick Gregory, Bill Cosby, Paul Mooney, Chris Rock, Keenen, Shawn and Marlon Wayans, Whoopie Goldberg, Bill Bellamy, and other names.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #33
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I love watching documentaries about pointless things that I know nothing about. The political ones are a little too much. I'd recommend the espn 30 for 30 documentaries. They are very well put together. Jordan rides the bus was great
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #34
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

These are awesome:

Wonders of the Universe (2012)
Wonders of the Solar System (2011)

Both narrated by Prof. Brian Cox. They will change the way you view the Universe. Pretty graphics, in depth explanations and most of all incredible stuff you wouldn't know about. (For example most of the Gold on Earth originated for Supernovas million of years ago.)
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #35
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

drugs inc has some good episodes
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #36
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

White King, Red Rubber, Black Death - About the Congo Free State under King Leopold II. The persistent atrocities and human suffering in the Congo can explain why over a hundred years later we can see the results of how earlier crimes attribute to today's on going problems.

The Empire in Africa - contains graphic footage from the Sierra Leon civil war. While it is interesting that they show the view points of all parties, it can be difficult to distinguish what is accurate and what is propaganda.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #37
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

As a docu lover I think all of these are horrible suggestions. I can't believe some idiots are recommending history docus as good ones LOL and I'm sorry Dear Zachary is a piece of sh*t. Here are the top vids I have seen that will truly blew your mind:

1. tallhotblonde

Wow is all I have to say. Ignore the title and try to watch it at least half way; in the middle there is something that happen. I'm betting since half of you can't get a girl in real life and prob are into that online dating crap, it'll literally make you sh*t in your pants. Great buildup; great surprise; awesome production. It is one of those docus that will make you think about it for days after seeing it.

2. Charles Ng

Another shocker that will make you sh*t in your pants. If you don't know who Charles Ng is, this is a must watch.

3. The Last Word

Easily one of the best docus ever made. The ending will surprise you.

These are only crime documentaries, which is probably the only reason why you should watch them; seriously, who the f*ck wants to watch a documentary about Africa. Lame.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-26-2013 at 06:34 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #38
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paradise Lost (all 3 parts) is the best doco I have ever seen and I couldn't take my eyes of the screen and every episode you think someone else commited the crime.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 01-26-2013 at 06:41 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #39
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
who the f*ck wants to watch a documentary about Africa. Lame.

Africans

serious, it can give one an interesting perspective on watching documentaries about different nations and their struggles. I've recently watched on about poverty in the Philippines and one about the economic crises that plagued Argentina, I can't recall what either documentary was called though.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #40
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Bridge

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I can't believe some of you would recommend watching this piece of crap; I just saw the whole thing. Some of these idiots are dumb as f*ck for wanting to kill themselves, and that stupid so call "friend" of that one guy who gave him those pills and when he said he wanted to kill himself, she asked him if he had a plan and did nothing about it, wow, that is stupidity on a whole new level. Did this b*tch even tried to stop him. No. What kind of friend is that. Stupid. This docu is stupid and everyone in it is stupid as f*ck.

Wow you guys are pathetic for actually thinking this crap has some merit. This is the equivalent of recommending Divine secrets of the ya ya sisterhood as a top 10 film.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #41
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Africans

serious, it can give one an interesting perspective on watching documentaries about different nations and their struggles. I've recently watched on about poverty in the Philippines and one about the economic crises that plagued Argentina, I can't recall what either documentary was called though.

I'm sorry if I offended you but I was just trying to say nobody gives a flying f*ck about some documentary about a different country when we already have so much sh*t going on in this one. No offense.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #42
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
I'm sorry if I offended you but I was just trying to say nobody gives a flying f*ck about some documentary about a different country when we already have so much sh*t going on in this one. No offense.

I wasn't offended but i think we are able to divide our attention especially if problems in other countries can lead to larger problems for us.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #43
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have watched all season of Bullshit. I enjoyed in it a lot.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346369/?ref_=sr_1
Currently i am watching The Real Hustle.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0791615/?ref_=sr_1
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #44
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haven't seen a whole lot of documentaries...but just a note...if you watch any documentary that has anything to do with politics or social issues....take it with a huge grain of salt.

I think documentaries of that nature are often to the most dangerous form of information there possibly can be.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #45
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Bridge

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I can't believe some of you would recommend watching this piece of crap; I just saw the whole thing. Some of these idiots are dumb as f*ck for wanting to kill themselves, and that stupid so call "friend" of that one guy who gave him those pills and when he said he wanted to kill himself, she asked him if he had a plan and did nothing about it, wow, that is stupidity on a whole new level. Did this b*tch even tried to stop him. No. What kind of friend is that. Stupid. This docu is stupid and everyone in it is stupid as f*ck.

Wow you guys are pathetic for actually thinking this crap has some merit. This is the equivalent of recommending Divine secrets of the ya ya sisterhood as a top 10 film.

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Quote:
Paradise Lost (all 3 parts) is the best doco I have ever seen and I couldn't take my eyes of the screen and every episode you think someone else commited the crime.

There's now another film out now dealing with the whole span of the case.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/westofmemphis/

I drove through West Memphis once. Whole lotta nothing as far I could see.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: