Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Default Need a clutch shooting game? Play seven.

- Players go in order shooting from the free-throw line.

- every make increases a running tally, capped at seven.

- every time a player misses, whatever the running tally is, it gets added to the player's personal score, and the running tally returns to 0, meaning the next guy has no pressure to make a shot after a miss. For example, if you are third in the order and the first 2 guys make, the running tally is 2. If you miss, you get 2 points added to your tally. Simply put, points are bad in this game!

- once a player has 7 points on their personal tally, they are eliminated (hence the game being named "7" and the running tally capped at 7).

- if you play this with good shooters like I do, the running tally will almost always get to 7, meaning every miss means certain elimination for someone.

- players can make as much noise as possible but they cannot block the shooter's view of the rim. standing to the side in their peripheral vision is ok, so is standing just behind the backboard. trash talk is encouraged

Last edited by Burgz V2 : 09-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Need a clutch shooting game? Play seven.

That's a pretty cool structure. I can't believe I've never heard of it. It'd be cool to use in a coaching situation where you can push the tempo of the shots, and dictate the type of shots by sending the team through various patterns.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Good college starter

yea, it's pretty cool. It's a common game in my neighborhood in Toronto.

if you want to up the tempo, a good way to do is the loser of each game will be the designated rebounder and passer, and instead of free throws, you do catch and shoot from specific areas of the floor. Each game usually takes like 5 minutes so they wont have to be rebounder for very long.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
yea, it's pretty cool. It's a common game in my neighborhood in Toronto.

if you want to up the tempo, a good way to do is the loser of each game will be the designated rebounder and passer, and instead of free throws, you do catch and shoot from specific areas of the floor. Each game usually takes like 5 minutes so they wont have to be rebounder for very long.

Yeah. When I coach I run a few patterned shooting drills. Coaches will pass and rebound and I'll put everyone through a cut where they have to catch and shoot, usually catching on the move, from various movements.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: