Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default Are we too soft?

We know the playoffs are coming, and teams are gonna try and test us. The get them back by winning thing is cool, but lets be real. Someone is gonna need to step up and enforce, especially if we have situations similar to last year where Pacers beat the shit outta Rose.

Miami sent the message yesterday that they are willing to play aggressive this year in the ECF, we need to get back at them imo. We can't keep getting beat up, and just taking it, gotta stand up and give a dose of payback.

That's one reason I miss Big Kurt, he had no problem putting someone on their ass if they fukked with anyone on our team. Now I'm not saying we need to go in there swinging, but after a while, we need to send a message we ain't gonna tolerate that shit. I want Asik to start doing work if the time comes. I want some intentional charges, hard fouls, and jumpers where we kick the leg out on purpose.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu : 04-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Our we too soft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
We know the playoffs are coming, and teams are gonna try and test us. The get them back by winning thing is cool, but lets be real. Someone is gonna need to step up and enforce, especially if we have situations similar to last year where Pacers beat the shit outta Rose.

Miami sent the message yesterday that they are willing to play aggressive this year in the ECF, we need to get back at them imo. We can't keep getting beat up, and just taking it, gotta stand up and give a dose of payback.

That's one reason I miss Big Kurt, he had no problem putting someone on their ass if they fukked with anyone on our team. Now I'm not saying we need to go in there swinging, but after a while, we need to send a message we ain't gonna tolerate that shit. I want Asik to start doing work if the time comes. I want some intentional charges, hard fouls, and jumpers where we kick the leg out on purpose.
I totally agree. I'm having a hard time trying to picture someone else do that stuff. Boozer is not really the type, neither is Noah in my opinion. Deng is a nice dude, so is Brewer. The bigs off the bench, Taj and Asik should be the ones to do it, but I can't really envision them as the enforcer type. We do need someone to step up when it's that time.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Who did the Mavs have last year?

It's not that NBA anymore fellas. Ten years ago I would have agreed.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter

Ehhh Tyson, kind of?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Deshawn Stevenson and Tyson Chandler.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Deshawn Stevenson and Tyson Chandler.
And Shawn Marion. He punked the shit out of Lebron and made him his mental bitch. Even Jason Terry called him out and then backed it up with his performance.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Like others have said, they had Terry, Stevenson and Marion. They never had to get physical cause they successfully played Mind Games with Miami, specifically Lebron.

They were definitely giving him mental jabs, from calling Lebron out right a bitch during his terrible 4th quarter runs, Terry confidently tattooing the championship on his arm, saying he KNEW he didn't make a mistake, to even Dirk at times making Miami's chances of winning seem hopeless from shot after shot after shot going in.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Soft? No.

Offensively-limited? Absolutely.

And if these Heat are what someone calls a 'tough' team they have no idea about basketball. They're a bunch of fairies compared to the Pistons of the 80s or Knicks/Heat of the 90s. THOSE teams were tough.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Like others have said, they had Terry, Stevenson and Marion. They never had to get physical cause they successfully played Mind Games with Miami, specifically Lebron.

They were definitely giving him mental jabs, from calling Lebron out right a bitch during his terrible 4th quarter runs, Terry confidently tattooing the championship on his arm, saying he KNEW he didn't make a mistake, to even Dirk at times making Miami's chances of winning seem hopeless from shot after shot after shot going in.
Steady the goal posts. You insinuated physical toughness in the OP now you speak on mental toughness.

We have the best d in the league when we are on. If we are healthy and on top of our games then we will be tough enough to survive.

Jason Terry, Deshawn Stevenson, Shawn Marion, and Chandler are not tough guys in the mold of Laimbeer, Mahorn, Oakley, and Thomas. You don't NEED guys like that to win it all in today's NBA but they do come in handy.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Soft? No.

Offensively-limited? Absolutely.

And if these Heat are what someone calls a 'tough' team they have no idea about basketball. They're a bunch of fairies compared to the Pistons of the 80s or Knicks/Heat of the 90s. THOSE teams were tough.
Agreed.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Default Re: Are we too soft?

After today's game, Rip has shown a little fiesty-ness I wasn't expected. And you know, I like this.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
chairman
The Return

chairman has decent reputationchairman has decent reputation

The pacers are the best at this. They're dirty as hell. IMO Noah & Taj need to be these players. Rip did show some toughness tonight tho
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I wouldn't describe our team overall as being soft but we are lacking a true enforcer that could come in and act on something if need be.

I would hope that if someone did something truly dirty against one of our guys that someone would step up if needed to send some kind of a message that it just won't be that easy and something to be tolerated.

Don't want us out there hurting guys or one of our players being looked at as a dirty player but if a couple of hard fouls need to be given to get a point across I'm completely fine with that.

If Rose, Rip or whoever are getting beaten up then something needs to be done. We can't just allow it to happen and have it lead to guys getting hurt or it effecting our performance as a team overall.

I would hope Noah, Taj, Asik, Boozer and maybe Brewer would step up.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: