Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #256
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 1st Round Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Amar'e averaged 8 rebounds this year, with two hands. With one hand, he grabbed half that.

Sounds about right.

6'11 powerful and athletic. No reason he shouldn't be getting double digit rebounds. Str8 lack of effort.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #257
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Actually I have been red hot about Amar'e conveniently doing dumb shit to take himself out of the playoffs.

Last year, style dunking in practice from which he still hasn't recovered.

I understand the guys is a mental wreck, especially with his brother passing, but if he isn't gonna compete, they should just let him go back home and reflect.

LMAO@ "let him go home and reflect"

Reminds me of when my parents used to say "go sit in your room think about what you did"
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #258
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

The Knicks don't really have any rebounders. Guys with that special nose for the ball. I wanted Faried in the draft.

Amar'e went 4-for-7 though, and was drawing fouls on a lot of his other possessions. No excuse for him taking fewer shots, in an entire game, than JR Smith takes in a single half. And 31 shots for Melo V. 7 for Amar'e.

A lot of that is coaching, and a lot of that is the players with the ball.

Ultimately, Melo ball is never going to work. Not in the NBA. Maybe you can have the Melo-ball player, but not the Melo-ball coach too. Frankly, I don't think either are winning a championship.

Now come at me bros.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #259
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
6'11 powerful and athletic. No reason he shouldn't be getting double digit rebounds. Str8 lack of effort.
Tyson Chandler didn't average double digit rebounds this year, and he's 7'0" and athletic. Rebounding is as much skill and instinct as anything else. Look at Kevin Love.

But I'm not saying Amar'e couldn't rebound better.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #260
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Knicks don't really have any rebounders. Guys with that special nose for the ball. I wanted Faried in the draft.

Amar'e went 4-for-7 though, and was drawing fouls on a lot of his other possessions. No excuse for him taking fewer shots, in an entire game, than JR Smith takes in a single half. And 31 shots for Melo V. 7 for Amar'e.

A lot of that is coaching, and a lot of that is the players with the ball.

Ultimately, Melo ball is never going to work. Not in the NBA. Maybe you can have the Melo-ball player, but not the Melo-ball coach too. Frankly, I don't think either are winning a championship.

Now come at me bros.
I can think of a few volume shooters who have been successful.

But I immediately credit their success to Phil Jackson.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #261
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I wonder what he's up to these days...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #262
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I wonder what he's up to these days...
I hope the Knicks try to find out prior to making a move they may regret.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #263
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I don't think Knicks management is capable of feeling regret.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #264
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Tyson Chandler didn't average double digit rebounds this year, and he's 7'0" and athletic. Rebounding is as much skill and instinct as anything else. Look at Kevin Love.

But I'm not saying Amar'e couldn't rebound better.

Well I've gone on record repeatedly all season saying Chandler is overrated, so yea, I agree wholeheartedly.

Rebounding and defense are about effort and technique. Amare has neither!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #265
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare can rebound when he tries. We saw that in game 4 and in a few other regular season games.

Problem is that he doesn't try for 95% of the time.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #266
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Amare can rebound when he tries. We saw that in game 4 and in a few other regular season games.

Problem is that he doesn't try for 95% of the time.
The rare few times is connected to when he scores.

If he doesn't like he's part of the offense, he won't do anything else.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #267
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

No player, you have one thread to troll, derail, and post the absurd in.

No more are necessary.

Stay in the other one.

Last edited by knickscity : 05-19-2012 at 08:17 AM.
knicksman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #268
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

If your going to litter the board with your off the wall theories, at least keep it in one thread. This is getting out of hand.

Btw, we lost by 33 before Stat injured his hand so your point is moot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: