Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Official New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 1st Round Thread

We must sacrifice his life to satisfy the message board gods.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's look at this from the bright side. Blowout loss is always less painful than a loss in the close game.

After last year's game 1 I felt like shit,not only because we blew a lead but also because the refs stole the game from us.
Today I'm also feeling like shit but at least I knew it was over by halftime.

And knickscity,we lost by 33. It hardly gets worse than that.
Miami Heat are a different animal in the playoffs,especially with the refs on their side. We wouldn't get destroyed by the Bulls.
But think what you want,if 33 point loss isn't enough for you to admit that you was wrong then fine.

We need to win game 2 otherwise it's over. Knicks need to get their shit together,play much better and hope refs won't take control again.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There was alot wrong with this game today, and it wasn't all the doing of Miami.

Half of the Knicks turnovers were unforced, especially all in the 2nd.

Chandler played like trash, even though he was sick, not surprised.

Melo decide to become Landry Fields for the game.

Amar'e got punked out of his game by a bench scrub.

How did Novak play 24 minutes, and only take 2 shots, and hit both?

Shumpert probably got tired from guarding Wade all game, only to get injured again, and that did not look good, had to be carried off the floor.

Jeffries knee is still bothering him, Bibby was limping as soon as he checked in.

Woodson got outcoached by a coach who really didn't have to show up in the arena today.

The Knicks looked totally unprepared.

The only member of the Knicks that truly show some damn heart out there was the guy no one thought had it anymore....Baron Davis, but he had to go back to the bike because he played the entire first quarter.

But it's just one game, if they have heart they will show it for game 2.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Normally, ill rip into the guys who caused us to lose. Melo had a poor game, Amare to... Yada yada yada. But Im sorry...these refs were the absolute worst. It was down right disgusting. That flagrant, that tech, those bullsht charge calls etc. We didnt play well enough to win but we were ****ed regardless.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I was going to make a thread called "Will the Knicks win a game against the Heat" but people would have probably reamed me. This was the worst scenerio ever to play the Heat the 1st round. I hope the Knicks win one game at least and dont get blown out in a sweep.

If it happens though the excuses will be over flowing then all the "we need to trade TD for CP3" type crap.

Book it!

I will vacate this place again though like last time.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was just awful.
I don't even mind the refs.
We had no clue. No response to the Heat's adjustments whatsoever.
It just cannot be so easy to make us ineffective.

Lol, the Bulls would sweep us just as badly if we play like this.
The Heat didn't even play that great offensively, their were just good at very basic defensive principles.

Last edited by Jasi : 04-28-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hang around Rameek, I assure you, I will not let this board get out of hand.

It's just one game, the team played it's absolutely worst, and series are not made in one game.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Amar'e didn't have a great game because no one gave him the ball. When he did get it, he was drawing fouls. Amar'e being guarded by Haslem is a mismatch. Melo being guarded by LeBron is also a mismatch, but in the Heat's favor.

Give Amar'e the ball. Consistently. Until the defense adjusts and Melo is actually open.

And Fields needs to play more. His movement - both off the ball, and through passing - is useful, and he plays good. Shumpert wasn't contributing much, so his departure won't be a factor this series.

And for the love of James Naismith, someone put a damn leash on JR Smith.

Melo played like dog poo, but he followed up a bad Game 1 last year with a good Game 2. He has to learn to be effective when he isn't shooting the ball on every possession. He's like Maravich without the passing or cool dribbling.

And Woodson sucks. If I've said it once, I've said it 1,000 times. Sucks sucks sucks. I revel in the vindication, but unfortunately it's at the expense of the Knicks getting humiliated. If he makes even one adjustment I'll be impressed.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Scoooter, I agree with you on at least 95% of your post.

I'm reserving the part on Woodson pending the outcome of game two.

The team has responded after every bad loss.

I'll wait and see at that point.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Scoooter, I agree with you on at least 95% of your post.

I'm reserving the part on Woodson pending the outcome of game two.

The team has responded after every bad loss.

I'll wait and see at that point.
If things do get better, it's because Woodson has made good adjustments, which would be beyond surprising.

He cannot keep doing what he's doing.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
If things do get better, it's because Woodson has made good adjustments, which would be beyond surprising.

He cannot keep doing what he's doing.
I definitely agree there, which is why even though he has done well with the team, I still reserve my full judgment til the series is over.

But what happened today cannot happen again.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

It amazes me when people think Amar'e is the problem. This guy is completely deferring to Carmelo. I'd be surprised if he takes half as many shots. 7 vs. 15 tonight, and he opened the game up with a dunk. How you don't go right back to him on the next possession would be baffling if we had any other coach.

You move Amar'e to another team, or take Carmelo away, and he's right back to scoring 25+ a game.

Amar'e needs to sack up and reclaim this team before we're looking at First Round Exit #9045 for Carmelo Anthony.

Last edited by Scoooter : 04-28-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
It amazes me when people think Amar'e is the problem. This guy is completely deferring to Carmelo. I'd be surprised if he takes half as many shots. 7 vs. 15 tonight, and he opened the game up with a dunk. How you don't go right back to him on the next possession would be baffling if we had any other coach.

You move Amar'e to another team, or take Carmelo away, and he's right back to scoring 25+ a game.

Amar'e needs to sack up and reclaim this team before we're looking at First Round Exit #9045 for Carmelo Anthony.
To be fair, when does has Amar'e consistently have a good game with Chandler on the floor?

Amar'e is only good when he's the only offensive weapon and at the 5 spot.

But it isn't just taking one or the other off the team because it isn't all about the scoring.

Melo shot the ball like a grade schooler today, but at least he was doing some rebounding, and made a few plays.

Amar'e played like shit on both sides of the ball, then let a role player puss him out into a technical.

But ultimately, these two guys have to get that man-to-man talk in.

And you know especially I was totally against having Shumpert in the starting lineup.

Since he's started his defense has fell off to the point of being average, and playing too many minutes is not good for his knee.

Karma is a mutha.....

Shumpert injures knee first game of regular season and first game of playoffs.

Makes me totally think the NBA is scripted.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #29
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
To be fair, when does has Amar'e consistently have a good game with Chandler on the floor?

Amar'e is only good when he's the only offensive weapon and at the 5 spot.
I don't buy that. We haven't seen them together consistently, without Melo. Two's company, three's a crowd. He's obviously most effective ona spaced out court with a stretch four or five, but Amar'e has played well with centers who don't space the floor much. Shaq, Mozgov, Turiaf, Jeffries, Kurt Thomas back in the day (although Thomas does have a little bit of a mid range set shot). And Chandler I think is a good enough passer to work that big-to-big connection into their game. And once Amar'e gets going a bit, his jumper starts dropping, and spacing between the two isn't an issue. I think they can be a potent front court.

Quote:
But it isn't just taking one or the other off the team because it isn't all about the scoring.
I always say this. I like Landry Fields, remember.

Quote:
Melo shot the ball like a grade schooler today, but at least he was doing some rebounding, and made a few plays.
Making a "few" plays isn't nearly good enough for how often he has the ball in his hands. He was getting torched on D all game long. Either straight up or, usually, by completely losing sight of his man. It's almost like LeBron was aware of all the talk comparing the two of them, and decided to put an end to it.

Quote:
Amar'e played like shit on both sides of the ball, then let a role player puss him out into a technical.
That Haslem tech was complete bullshit. It's the playoffs, they have to be allowed to talk some trash. Amar'e's D wasn't bad today. Did Haslem or Bosh even score in the first half? Chandler was missing rotations and help like crazy, but he has the flu. Obviously the game got completely out of hand later on, but Amar'e is like most scoring bigs - you've got to feed him to keep him engaged.

Quote:
But ultimately, these two guys have to get that man-to-man talk in.

And you know especially I was totally against having Shumpert in the starting lineup.

Since he's started his defense has fell off to the point of being average, and playing too many minutes is not good for his knee.
Not to mention his offense. He's bad off the ball and doesn't know what to do with the ball. I feel bad about Shumpert's knee because you never want to see anyone hurt and obviously I love his man-to-man defense, but Shumpert's at his best off the bench. You keep him chained up like a pitbull and let him get a good long look at the opposing point guard before you cut him loose.

Quote:
Karma is a mutha.....

Shumpert injures knee first game of regular season and first game of playoffs.

Makes me totally think the NBA is scripted.
The drama this year has been incredible.

Last edited by Scoooter : 04-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here comes Scooter conveniently to kick the Knicks when theyre down. I know you were salivating, especially since Melo played bad. Lebron guarding Melo is a mismatch for the Heat? Where were you when he dropped 42?... The most a player has scored on the Heat all season. Everyone relax. Its one game. Melo, Chandler, Shumpert all banged up at some point in the game. I actually saw Shumpert holding his knee before that play happened. I just would like to see us settle down and play smart, mistake free basketball. The result at this point is secondary. We played way too wound up. Melo especially. Thats why all his shotsbwere too strong. If i was Woodson, the 1st thing I would say to my guys in the locker room is "so what?" Its glorified because its a blowout but at the end of the day, its still just one loss.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: