Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #151
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lp3...&feature=share
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #152
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
if this question spoils anything for the others, just disregard. Im on like page 200 of book 2

Q: Who the heck has Ice (Eddark's longsword made of Valyrian steel) after the end of the first book? It sure as hell aint Ned. And Winterfell dont got it. Robb don't got it neither.

Thats been messing with me since the end of the first book. Did Martin say and I glossed over it? I hope some idiot don't got it. Like when the dude taking everyone to the Nights Watch took the gold cloaks longsword and gave it to some chump kid who never had a sword his whole damn life.

I don't wanna know who ends up with it after the whole thing, just who has it after Ned no longer had it. I love that sword, got a sick ass name and everything
Ice is still in KL that's as much I'm gonna tell you about it at this point.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #153
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Ice is still in KL that's as much I'm gonna tell you about it at this point.

dammit!

can you at least let me know if it plays a role in what happens? Or is it forgotten about in books 3 an on? I know Robb made a mention of it early in book 2, and he wants it back.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #154
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
dammit!

can you at least let me know if it plays a role in what happens? Or is it forgotten about in books 3 an on? I know Robb made a mention of it early in book 2, and he wants it back.

There's only so much Valarian steel in the whole world. When a new VS sword shows up, it's often the result of an old one being reworked, as new VS is very rare.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #155
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
There's only so much Valarian steel in the whole world. When a new VS sword shows up, it's often the result of an old one being reworked, as new VS is very rare.

Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #156
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:

There is a clue I can give you that would help you figure out how it's gonna come to play later but I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the parts you have already read.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #157
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
There is a clue I can give you that would help you figure out how it's gonna come to play later but I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the parts you have already read.
Post it White just in case.. Im interested as well.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #158
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Post it White just in case.. Im interested as well.
I give you one name in the white, if you know him then you know about the clue, if not you won't be spoiled either.
Gerion Lannister
Old 07-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #159
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I get where your going with that.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #160
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I get where your going with that.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #161
SoCash
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SoCash has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
if this question spoils anything for the others, just disregard. Im on like page 200 of book 2

Q: Who the heck has Ice (Eddark's longsword made of Valyrian steel) after the end of the first book? It sure as hell aint Ned. And Winterfell dont got it. Robb don't got it neither.

Thats been messing with me since the end of the first book. Did Martin say and I glossed over it? I hope some idiot don't got it. Like when the dude taking everyone to the Nights Watch took the gold cloaks longsword and gave it to some chump kid who never had a sword his whole damn life.

I don't wanna know who ends up with it after the whole thing, just who has it after Ned no longer had it. I love that sword, got a sick ass name and everything

Ice is in the possession of the guy who cut Ned's head off.
SoCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #162
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

halfway through a feast of crows (obv spoilers to come if you haven't gotten that far)

so far its been a bit of a snooze though the major arcs are starting to pick up. sucks that arya has only had two chapters so far but i just read the ch where she makes major gains in the buddhist style temple and it was probably one of my favourites of the entire series... certainly my favourite non-action packed chapter.

the family strife ripping apart the lannisters and the ironborn is finally starting to get interesting and its about time. all of the seeds are being planted for cersei to just go completely batshit insane, either from her friends "turning their backs on her" or her son being "stolen away"... gonna be fun to watch. and i dug the series of speeches at the kingsmoot.

it's a damn shame that brienne and samwell chapters take up so much of this book because otherwise it'd be a much better read. but those two.... especially brienne, jesus christ her plot has thus far been completely irrelevant to anything else going on in the world. she stumbles upon the most inconceivably retarded lead possible and decides to wander for several days to an abandoned castle...? it's gotta tie in soon, but that point can't come soon enough.

littlefinger is officially my favourite character of the series. so devious, every single conflict on westeros throughout the series has pretty much been his brainchild or a byproduct of one of his schemes... i imagine his character is in the story for the long run.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #163
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

. especially brienne, jesus christ her plot has thus far been completely irrelevant to anything else going on in the world. she stumbles upon the most inconceivably retarded lead possible and decides to wander for several days to an abandoned castle...? it's gotta tie in soon, but that point can't come soon enough.

There is a payoff to that story line but not the one I expected. I agree it was one of the most tedious parts of the series.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #164
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

took me 3 days to read ASOS and 2 weeks to read AFOC

im about 200 pages into the 5th one right now. much better than the 4th but tyrion needs to get his shit together.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #165
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Brienne and Sam chapters were tough for me. I only got into the sam chapters after recently reading that article on here about the theory about The Sphinx. But it take the whole book to get to that.

I did really like the Dornish stuff though, and most of the Ironborn stuff.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: