Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #166
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
littlefinger is officially my favourite character of the series. so devious, every single conflict on westeros throughout the series has pretty much been his brainchild or a byproduct of one of his schemes... i imagine his character is in the story for the long run.

Littlefinger is my main man.. ever since his little, not trusting me was the smartest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse.. I knew he was a guy to watch. I love machiavellian characters. It'll never happen but I'd read a whole book on the rise and fall of Petyr Baleish. Unfortunately I don't see him making it through the series. 6th book yes, 7th book I think he's finished.

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #167
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

Littlefinger is my main man.. ever since his little, not trusting me was the smartest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse.. I knew he was a guy to watch. I love machiavellian characters. It'll never happen but I'd read a whole book on the rise and fall of Petyr Baleish. Unfortunately I don't see him making it through the series. 6th book yes, 7th book I think he's finished.

Im a littlefinger fan as well, would like to see more of him.. Although brevity is why I like him so much.. His portions are few but potent.. A big reson for liking more has to do with the actor.. He didn't just personify the character, but he enhanced his charm.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #168
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im a littlefinger fan as well, would like to see more of him.. Although brevity is why I like him so much.. His portions are few but potent.. A big reson for liking more has to do with the actor.. He didn't just personify the character, but he enhanced his charm.
gotta be honest, i'm not a big fan of the dude. i think he pulls off the look well enough, though that may only be because i watched game of thrones before i started reading song of ice and fire. but i liked him way more as carcetti in the wire... he's got a strange kind of hesitant enunciation at times, awkward like instead of rolling off his tongue like you expect everything should with baelish. it worked great when his character was a councilman-turned-mayor suddenly thrust into the spotlight and struggling to adjust to that level of attention, in a way it brought the character to life even though looking closely enough it was just poor delivery of the lines.

with littlefinger, the devious puppet master never without a carefully phrased quip on his tongue... it just doesn't work. he particularly struggled the scenes between he and varys, who's actor is absolutely excellent (and a far better character than the one described in the book... thank god there's no giggling).
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #169
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's a video by College Humor of a recap of Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lE...layer_embedded

Enjoy!
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #170
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Wow. I can't believe so many posts were made since my last post in this thread and I didn't notice them.

I've been wondering about something that might strengthen R+L=J.

In ASoS when Arya meets Edric Dayne he tells her that he and Jon had the same milk mother, Wylla.

We find out Wylla was in service to house Dayne as a milk mother for many years, who Edric used because his mother couldn't provide him with milk.

Could it be that...when Ned was on the road from the Tower of Joy to Starfall to return Arthur Dayne's sword he realized that Lyannas son would need milk from milk mother because he was a new born and hired the services of Wylla the same way Edric's parents did?

This explains why Wyllas name is mentioned while R+L=J remaining a real possibility.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #171
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

So I've been watching Breaking Bad lately and I'm only on Season 4. So I was talking to somone on facebook about it when another one of my friends (whos in to the GoT show) comments on purpose to be a dick a major spoiler so I go you know what?

He goes what...

I'm like "The Freys murder Robb Stark and Catelyn at a Wedding and Joffrey gets poisoned."

He just goes...Damn.

Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #172
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I just finished the last book in the series. Great stuff, fantastic ending, can't wait for the next one. I only have one teeny, tiny little question though...

WHERE THE FVCK IS RICKON???????
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #173
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected poster

^^I believe it was implied Osha took him to Skagos. Manderly sent my main man Davos to go get him.
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #174
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
So I just finished the last book in the series. Great stuff, fantastic ending, can't wait for the next one. I only have one teeny, tiny little question though...

WHERE THE FVCK IS RICKON???????

I figure he'll be a central character in the last two novels. Besides who the fvck wants to read 10 chapters about a 3 year old kid.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #175
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I figure he'll be a central character in the last two novels. Besides who the fvck wants to read 10 chapters about a 3 year old kid.

I'd read the hell out of 10 chapters about Osha.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #176
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'd read the hell out of 10 chapters about Osha.

They've never been central characters and I don't think they would have added much. But I know I'm not the only one that got hyped when Manderly was making his speech.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #177
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
They've never been central characters and I don't think they would have added much. But I know I'm not the only one that got hyped when Manderly was making his speech.

I don't know how much that matters. I've been surprised at by some of the character that end up getting their own chapters (Quentyn, Victarion, etc.).
Old 08-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #178
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't know how much that matters. I've been surprised at by some of the character that end up getting their own chapters (Quentyn, Victarion, etc.).

Pretty important characters even if they aren't fan favorites.

Quentyn... okay.. I don't remember what Q did except die trying to get the dragons.. but it would appear the Sun set in the East.

Victorian got his own chapters to make for the fact he's going to bringing the ships Dany needs to get back home finally and break the siege on slavers bay.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #179
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Finally finished. Now gotta wait 2 (maybe more) years for the next one

Anyone else think that Aegon character is kinda sketchy? I really doubt that he's a Targaryen and has no 'right' to the throne. but that said, based on his training and character, I honestly feel like he'd make a better king than any of the other contenders save for maybe Stannis
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #180
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Finally finished. Now gotta wait 2 (maybe more) years for the next one

Anyone else think that Aegon character is kinda sketchy? I really doubt that he's a Targaryen and has no 'right' to the throne. but that said, based on his training and character, I honestly feel like he'd make a better king than any of the other contenders save for maybe Stannis

Spoilers in white.....

Aegon is a blackfyre pretender. An obvious plant by Varys and Illeryrio to regain the throne. Read up on the background history if you're not too familiar with the Blackfyres
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: