Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #181
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Spoilers in white...
Also, look up the founding of the golden company and what their purpose was for.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 08-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #182
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@Longtime Lurker

thanks for the info.. has anyone read the Dunk and Egg series? there's supposedly a lot about the blackfyres in it
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #183
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
@Longtime Lurker

thanks for the info.. has anyone read the Dunk and Egg series? there's supposedly a lot about the blackfyres in it
I have, it's not bad.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #184
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Spoilers in white.....

I don't get why Varys and Illeryrio would do this. Aren't they already all in with Dany? Why throw another claim to the throne in there when they've spent so much time preparing for Dany to take over?
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #185
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the biggest clue that I found to him being fake is what varys told kevan at the end when he goes "kingship is a duty, not a right". varys always said that he cared about the realm first so i assume that he was just like fvck it, lets get someone that can actually lead the kingdom instead of scrub heirs
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #186
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I don't get why Varys and Illeryrio would do this. Aren't they already all in with Dany? Why throw another claim to the throne in there when they've spent so much time preparing for Dany to take over?
Varys is most likely a blackfyre too.. remember they just married off a young girl with an insane brother to a horde of barbarians. If they were all in, they were all in for Viserys, he had the claim not dany. They never expected her to hatch dragons, and I think they expected Viserys to f*ck it up with the Dothraki just the way he did. Viserys is not the type Varys would have wanted on the throne.

Also, Illaryio probably married a female blackfyre
Old 08-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #187
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Varys is most likely a blackfyre too.. remember they just married off a young girl with an insane brother to a horde of barbarians. If they were all in, they were all in for Viserys, he had the claim not dany. They never expected her to hatch dragons, and I think they expected Viserys to f*ck it up with the Dothraki just the way he did. Viserys is not the type Varys would have wanted on the throne.

Also, Illaryio probably married a female blackfyre
there's a good chance aegon is his kid.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #188
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
there's a good chance aegon is his kid.
I agree, I think Varys is the brother to Illaryios wife.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #189
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Since we are back to the Aegon issue this is my take on this posted earlier in the thread:
Quote:
I personally do not see much basis regarding Aegon being fake as I put great trust in Tyrion's character judgment. Tyrion actually liked the young Targaryen and had only praise for him so for me Aegon is a Targaryen unless proven otherwise.
In addition, the turtle incident on the river was another clue to his blood right, but one could argue that he could become king but he does not have to be a Targaryen.
On the Varys/Illyrio schemes, my theory is that they didn't expect much from the last two Targaryens so they kept them as decoys while they were preparing Aegon's return but it still does not mean he is a fraud propped up by the two.
All in all after a year I'm still of the Aegon Targaryen front.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #190
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Since we are back to the Aegon issue this is my take on this posted earlier in the thread:

In addition, the turtle incident on the river was another clue to his blood right, but one could argue that he could become king but he does not have to be a Targaryen.
On the Varys/Illyrio schemes, my theory is that they didn't expect much from the last two Targaryens so they kept them as decoys while they were preparing Aegon's return but it still does not mean he is a fraud propped up by the two.
All in all after a year I'm still of the Aegon Targaryen front.
You are going to be so disappointed
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #191
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You are going to be so disappointed
I like Aegon but I'm not invested in him, to be honest after ADWD I was reminded of the wait for WOT and how the shit aint finished yet so who am I kidding trying hard to keep my enthusiasm up for this one? At this stage I know that the series is definitely going to be stretched into eight books at the least while the next in the series is probably coming out in 5 years or so, thus rendering anticipation and wishes futile.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #192
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I like Aegon but I'm not invested in him, to be honest after ADWD I was reminded of the wait for WOT and how the shit aint finished yet so who am I kidding trying hard to keep my enthusiasm up for this one? At this stage I know that the series is definitely going to be stretched into eight books at the least while the next in the series is probably coming out in 5 years or so, thus rendering anticipation and wishes futile.
You think it's going 8? And I was just busting your balls..
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #193
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
You think it's going 8? And I was just busting your balls..
Well to me it's obvious but I could be blinded by my frustration at GRRM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #194
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

I don't think Dany was ever the key. She was just used to secure Khal Drogo and the Dothraki on Vary's side. I think either Varys and Aegon were used to hedge their bets, or the fake Aegon anyways. All I know was Dany was just a bargaining chip, that is until she hatched dragons.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #195
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
I don't think Dany was ever the key. She was just used to secure Khal Drogo and the Dothraki on Vary's side. I think either Varys and Aegon were used to hedge their bets, or the fake Aegon anyways. All I know was Dany was just a bargaining chip, that is until she hatched dragons.
Varys could never have seen Khal Drogo getting so attached to Dany to set aside his fear of the sea since the cause was not of his doing. I think he mentions this somewhere in the book though I'm not sure it's been a year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: