Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #196
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

I dunno... I think Visery's is the key to saying that Vary's was definitely trying to get rid of them with the Dothraki.. No way Varys is supporting Viserys claim to the throne..

And then the Golden Company was created to be a standing army for a Blackfyre to take the throne back, they cancel their first ever contract to support "Aegon's" claim.. smells fishy to me..
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #197
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I dunno... I think Visery's is the key to saying that Vary's was definitely trying to get rid of them with the Dothraki.. No way Varys is supporting Viserys claim to the throne..

And then the Golden Company was created to be a standing army for a Blackfyre to take the throne back, they cancel their first ever contract to support "Aegon's" claim.. smells fishy to me..
makes a lot of sense actually.. illyrio is possibly a blackfyre himself (or related to one) and imo varys just wants the best for the realm.

couple other thoughts about the upcoming book and the series:

The three eyed crow is pretty obviously bloodraven or the blackfyre bastard. I believe he was a huge targ loyalist so im not sure if he is planning something or he's just gonna train bran

where does arya's story go from here? she just did some small tasks in TDOD and she can't become a FM since it takes way to many years and i doubt she spends the rest of the story training

stannis probably wins the battle in the north, atleast thats what I inferred. all depends on davos and his mission with rickon

how the fvck is dany getting to westeros? and aren't her dragons kinda overrated? she can't control them (which i guesss victarion can help with). plus they're pretty much baby dragons compared to aegon's who were like a hundred years old each. its like comparing an unlimited arsenal of nukes to an unlimited arsenal of machine guns
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #198
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
makes a lot of sense actually.. illyrio is possibly a blackfyre himself (or related to one) and imo varys just wants the best for the realm.

The three eyed crow is pretty obviously bloodraven or the blackfyre bastard. I believe he was a huge targ loyalist so im not sure if he is planning something or he's just gonna train bran

I thought bloodraven was the Targ Bastard

where does arya's story go from here? she just did some small tasks in TDOD and she can't become a FM since it takes way to many years and i doubt she spends the rest of the story training

She leaves, and then comes back to Westeros to finish off her list of names

stannis probably wins the battle in the north, atleast thats what I inferred. all depends on davos and his mission with rickon

I'm willing to bet he beats Roose and Ramsay, definitely Ramsay though. If he gets Rickon, I think more houses will declare for him.

how the fvck is dany getting to westeros? and aren't her dragons kinda overrated? she can't control them (which i guesss victarion can help with). plus they're pretty much baby dragons compared to aegon's who were like a hundred years old each. its like comparing an unlimited arsenal of nukes to an unlimited arsenal of machine guns

Victorian has ships?? There's still 2 books, I'm sure it can written in how they get under her control (or the other heads of the dragon(s)). Drogon, I think is already under her control.. I read a theory that Drogon = Drago (maybe not literally a warg type situation) I'll find it and post it in a second.

My theories
Old 08-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #199
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, when my womb quickens again and I bear a living child, Khal Drogo will return to me.

Quote:
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, [Quentyn Martell (the sun's son) coming from the west to die in the east]

When the seas go dry [The Dothraki sea - last chapter in Dance, Dany comments the grass is yellowing in the autumn, drying]

And mountains blow in the wind like leaves, [The pyramids of Meereen - the ones Viserion and Rhaegon burnt down to ash]

When my womb quickens again and I bear a living child, [Dany was pregnant when Drogon took her - she miscarried in the Dothraki sea due to bad water/food and stress (same stuff made my own wife miscarry once, sadly)]

Khal Drogo will return to me. [Then Drogon comes and finds Dany as she's trying to walk back to Meereen, just after she goes over this prophecy in her head - this time, he is helping Dany rather than just taking her out to the middle of no where and it seems that he has finally accepted she is going to ride him at will now - in other words, he is finally there for her]

Pretty interesting, found it on the Westeros forum.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #200
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

after reading tower of the hand, its clear i need to read the books again. the first time i read it through i paid a lot of attention to the characters that i was familiar with. like most said, i have to go back to a feast for crows and pay more attention to detail.

btw some of the essays on towerofthehand.com are really interesting
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 AM   #201
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
after reading tower of the hand, its clear i need to read the books again. the first time i read it through i paid a lot of attention to the characters that i was familiar with. like most said, i have to go back to a feast for crows and pay more attention to detail.

btw some of the essays on towerofthehand.com are really interesting

Posts some links please
Old 08-31-2012, 02:20 AM   #202
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

there is going to be a 5 year time jump. was supposed to have happened already but things got complicated, its part of the reason for the delays
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #203
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
there is going to be a 5 year time jump. was supposed to have happened already but things got complicated, its part of the reason for the delays

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #204
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
what? it'd be even more complicated now, i think. im curious so im gonna check storylines where its possible where it'd be too hard

sansa can chill in the vale for 5 years- Possible
arya continues to train- Possible
cersei's lawyers delay her trial- Not really possible
jaime goes missing for 5 years- Not really possible
Jon Snow stays dead for 5 years- Possible I guess
Stannis staying in the North forever- Not possible w/o him or Bolton starving
Davos returns with Rickon in 5 years- No way Jose
Aegon lays a 5 year siege on Storm's End- Eh, its a reach

I could see a time skip for the last book tho since I feel like the Others are about to wreck havoc and many POV characters and storylines are gonna be killed off. The preview chapters for the WOW show it taking place directly after or even simultaneously with ADOD
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #205
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

I think the plan will be through Bran's training and looking into the past we'll see a lot of mysteries explained. The big one being Jon's parents

I've read that somehow all the characters are going to make their way back to King's landing, probably with the exception of Jon Snow and maybe Stannis

From the exerts I've reach it looks like Stannis owns the Boltons so yeah, but the bigger picture is what's North of the wall

how the fvck is dany getting to westeros? and aren't her dragons kinda overrated? she can't control them (which i guesss victarion can help with). plus they're pretty much baby dragons compared to aegon's who were like a hundred years old each. its like comparing an unlimited arsenal of nukes to an unlimited arsenal of machine gunsIt's obvious Victorion is going to be the plot device to get Dany back to Westeros. She'll have her dragons, her army and be rolling deep with Dothraki

These are just my thoughts
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #206
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Found from here
Old 09-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #207
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Mountain vs Red Viper

Sandor Clegane vs Beric Dondorrian

Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #208
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

They didn't work
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #209
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

I was actually looking for pics like these the other day but couldn't find anything I liked. Thanks and repped.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #210
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I was actually looking for pics like these the other day but couldn't find anything I liked. Thanks and repped.
There's some pretty good one's in there, good luck finding what you're looking for.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: