Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #271
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
Cant wait for The Winds Of Winter

Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #272
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When did Stannis become your favorite character (open question)?

For me, sometime after he helped the wall out and all his chats with Jon.. I found myself really liking the guy.

You?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #273
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

http://www.windsofwinterrelease.com/...-in-two-books/
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #274
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

For me, sometime after he helped the wall out and all his chats with Jon.. I found myself really liking the guy.

You?
same
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #275
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:

You?

He has definitely moved up to #3 behind Tyrion and Victarion.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #276
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
He has definitely moved up to #3 behind Tyrion and Victarion.
Victorian?? Explain please. I like him too but have come across a lot of hate for the guy.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #277
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

You?

He's not my favorite character, Jaime is, but I started to like Stannis when I read his approach towards making another push for the throne. Basically starting at the wall like you said.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #278
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Victorian?? Explain please. I like him too but have come across a lot of hate for the guy.

1. I think he has one of the most badass names out of the entire series

2. He's a f*cking G. Comes out of the cabin with Moqorro and says "Throw that f.aggot overboard, we're going straight to Dany"

3. I hate Euron and I think eventually Victarion will kill Euron in an epic battle. Plus that whole Storm God vs. Drowned God essay you posted was really captivating.

4. He's one of the most loved commanders in charge of an army. His men love him and would do anything for him. Just like Robb Stark.

5. He's got the only (known) goddamn dragon horn in the world in his possession.

I really REALLY hope he does great things in the next 2 books.

Last edited by ItsMillerTime : 11-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #279
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think most of these can be tied together. The one that I don't really see how it fits so far is Arya's story. It has absolutely no relevance to the rest of the plot.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #280
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
1. I think he has one of the most badass names out of the entire series

2. He's a f*cking G. Comes out of the cabin with Moqorro and says "Throw that f.aggot overboard, we're going straight to Dany"

3. I hate Euron and I think eventually Victarion will kill Euron in an epic battle. Plus that whole Storm God vs. Drowned God essay you posted was really captivating.

4. He's one of the most loved commanders in charge of an army. His men love him and would do anything for him. Just like Robb Stark.

5. He's got the only (known) goddamn dragon horn in the world in his possession.

I really REALLY hope he does great things in the next 2 books.

I like him for most the reasons you did too. Not my top character but I do like him quite a bit.

Okay, so Stannis may not be anyone's favorite character but c'mon.. out of everyone going for the throne who do you want to see sit on it??

Dany?
Euron?
Tommen?
(F)Aegon?

Jon isn't really going for the throne, so despite many people wanting him to be on it, as of yet.. he hasn't made a play for it, disqualifying him from this discussion.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #281
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I like him for most the reasons you did too. Not my top character but I do like him quite a bit.

Okay, so Stannis may not be anyone's favorite character but c'mon.. out of everyone going for the throne who do you want to see sit on it??

Dany?
Euron?
Tommen?
(F)Aegon?

Jon isn't really going for the throne, so despite many people wanting him to be on it, as of yet.. he hasn't made a play for it, disqualifying him from this discussion.
iv heard some theorize that it ends with 7 kingdoms again and the iron throne getting destroyed
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #282
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
iv heard some theorize that it ends with 7 kingdoms again and the iron throne getting destroyed
I don't think it'll go down all the way to 7, I could see it fracturing to something like 3,4 or 5...

C'mon... c'mon.. you want to see Stannis on that throne and you know it!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #283
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In my lit class we have to do a creative group project on one of the novels we read and my group is making a game of thrones computer simulation game. So far it is turning out pretty dope and it has been the funnest project I have done for a class.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #284
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

i'm on my second read through the series. about to finish a clash of kings. its surprising how much details i missed the first time around.
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #285
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
i'm on my second read through the series. about to finish a clash of kings. its surprising how much details i missed the first time around.
I'm 350 pages in CoK and I wonder how would I picture it all if I read the books first and then watched the series. Now I picture all characters and locations as seen in series.

And books are so full of details that it's no wonder you missed a lot of things. I probably missed even more, because I'm reading in English and that's not my first language...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: