Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #286
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

One of the things that pissed me off the most, is what happened to Ice.
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #287
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
One of the things that pissed me off the most, is what happened to Ice.
In white:

I just got to the part where Tywin got two valyrian steel swords made. I guess that's what happened to Ice...
Fuck Lannisters!
EDIT - except Tyrion, and Jaime's kind of ok now

Last edited by jamal99 : 12-27-2012 at 10:39 PM.
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #288
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

And what do you guys think of these hypothetical fights?

Robert vs. Jamie
Mountain vs. Khal Drogo

All in their primes with weapons of choice.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #289
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd take all of the Lannisters over Catelyn.

Tyrion, Jaime, and Tywin are all good in my book.. Cersei is an awful human being but I like her character and role as it pertains to the storyline.. Catelyn can rot in the 7 hells.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #290
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
And what do you guys think of these hypothetical fights?

Robert vs. Jamie
Mountain vs. Khal Drogo

All in their primes with weapons of choice.

1st one is too close to call at first thought...

2nd one I'd give to the Mountain that rides, Barristan Selmy's fight at the end of ADWD pretty much shows what armor does for someone when fighting against an unarmored opponent.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #291
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Yeah, I somehow forgot that Dothraki don't wear armor. That would be a huge handicap for Drogo and he even has a size disadvantage. Yep, that one isn't even close, but I'd really like to see duel between Robert and Jamie.

I'm halfway through ASOS and I dislike Cat, don't hate her, yet tho because it seems she ****ed even more shit up
As for Lannisters, Tyrion is probably my favorite character, Tywin seems as a douche, Jamie looked bad, but he's ok now, Joffrey and Cersei should both be burned imo, at least for where I am now with the reading...
Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #292
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

i want to read more about howland reed and randyll tarly
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #293
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah, I somehow forgot that Dothraki don't wear armor. That would be a huge handicap for Drogo and he even has a size disadvantage. Yep, that one isn't even close, but I'd really like to see duel between Robert and Jamie.

I'm halfway through ASOS and I dislike Cat, don't hate her, yet tho because it seems she ****ed even more shit up
As for Lannisters, Tyrion is probably my favorite character, Tywin seems as a douche, Jamie looked bad, but he's ok now, Joffrey and Cersei should both be burned imo, at least for where I am now with the reading...

not necessarily..the Red Viper pretty much killed the Mountain, and he wore no armor. Oberyn got a little cocky at the end and got himself killed, but he was certainly holding his own.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #294
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
not necessarily..the Red Viper pretty much killed the Mountain, and he wore no armor. Oberyn got a little cocky at the end and got himself killed, but he was certainly holding his own.
and poison
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #295
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
and poison
He could have killed him right away.

Red Viper was a cool character, too bad he didn't appear more in the books. He just came to Kings Landing and died...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #296
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

So, I finished A Storm of Swords yesterday. Tyrion going ham at the and was awesome
Jaime proved to be much better character than I thought before.
Stannis coming to the Wall surprised me a bit. Asking of Snow to burn down Winterfell weirwoods smells like a folly to me. Don't know how good (or whatever) that R'hollor is.
Zombie Catelyn in the epilogue, wtf?
Red Wedding made me freaking sad, even tho Robb screwed up taking another girl for wife...

Anyway, I want to start reading A Feast for Crows right now, but have some exams to finish first
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #297
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Arriane

George released another sample chapter.. and you're welcome.

SPOILERS

My thoughts:

There might be some foreshadowing about dragons fighting (F)Aegon and Dany?? The young ugly girl at the table says she had dreams about dancing dragons and where they danced people died. Not sure why her dreams should mean anything though, but hey, it's GRRM.

Got some more details about the Darkstar, but mostly just his looks.

Arianne seems to be bad at Cryvesse and maybe I'm a crackpot but I think that says a lot. People that are good at it seem to be good at the "game of thrones" such as tyrion. Arianne thought she could show up and seduce Jon Connington the way she did Arys Oakheart.. she seems to rely on her beauty and not her wits.. and maybe her wits aren't all that great, as shown by her foiled plot to crown Myrcella.

Her sworn shield Daemon Sand seems neat, not much else about him other than he may or may not have fuct the red viper but definitely got it on with Arianne. Was given his knighthood by the Red Viper. I don't expect him to be a major player but might stick around for awhile.

Speaking of the Red Viper, we learn a little more about him. Sent to exile without being sent to exile.

The very end Arianne and Daemon talk about Dany as if she's the crazy one and not Viserys. I think they are wondering if (F)Aegon is as mad as the mad king also.. and there have been some hints that he is.

One last bit, I've heard it said that Jon Connington had the hots for Rheagar.. After reading about how Arianne doesn't think she could persuade him with sex.. I think that theory has some more traction.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 01-09-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #298
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Arriane

George released another sample chapter.. and you're welcome.

SPOILERS

My thoughts:

There might be some foreshadowing about dragons fighting (F)Aegon and Dany?? The young ugly girl at the table says she had dreams about dancing dragons and where they danced people died. Not sure why her dreams should mean anything though, but hey, it's GRRM.

Got some more details about the Darkstar, but mostly just his looks.

Arianne seems to be bad at Cryvesse and maybe I'm a crackpot but I think that says a lot. People that are good at it seem to be good at the "game of thrones" such as tyrion. Arianne thought she could show up and seduce Jon Connington the way she did Arys Oakheart.. she seems to rely on her beauty and not her wits.. and maybe her wits aren't all that great, as shown by her foiled plot to crown Myrcella.

Her sworn shield Daemon Sand seems neat, not much else about him other than he may or may not have fuct the red viper but definitely got it on with Arianne. Was given his knighthood by the Red Viper. I don't expect him to be a major player but might stick around for awhile.

Speaking of the Red Viper, we learn a little more about him. Sent to exile without being sent to exile.

The very end Arianne and Daemon talk about Dany as if she's the crazy one and not Viserys. I think they are wondering if (F)Aegon is as mad as the mad king also.. and there have been some hints that he is.

One last bit, I've heard it said that Jon Connington had the hots for Rheagar.. After reading about how Arianne doesn't think she could persuade him with sex.. I think that theory has some more traction.
future repped. has there been any eta on the book's release?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #299
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So, I finished A Storm of Swords yesterday. Tyrion going ham at the and was awesome
Jaime proved to be much better character than I thought before.
Stannis coming to the Wall surprised me a bit. Asking of Snow to burn down Winterfell weirwoods smells like a folly to me. Don't know how good (or whatever) that R'hollor is.
Zombie Catelyn in the epilogue, wtf?
Red Wedding made me freaking sad, even tho Robb screwed up taking another girl for wife...

Anyway, I want to start reading A Feast for Crows right now, but have some exams to finish first

Still the best book in the series imo.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #300
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
future repped. has there been any eta on the book's release?
2014 is a hopeful estimate by Martin himself.. but many speculate that it will be longer than that considering his history of pushing his own dates back multiple times..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: