Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #376
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

I'm currently 20% into ADWD and le wild idea appeared.

Pure speculation:
Could Jon Snow be the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen?
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #377
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I'm currently 20% into ADWD and le wild idea appeared.

Pure speculation:
Could Jon Snow be the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen?
I never heard of such a wild idea.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #378
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I never heard of such a wild idea.
Ok, no need for sarcasm. I was reading and it just came to my mind...
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #379
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok, no need for sarcasm. I was reading and it just came to my mind...
sorry

When i read it i honestly didnt even catch it.In my mind i still thought for some reason Benjen had to be his dad i kept coming up with scenarios why benjen would abandon jon for the wall.

Most likely R+L=J
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #380
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

I read Daenerys chapter where Rhaegar was mentioned and then came Jon's chapter, that made me thinking. I always doubted that Jon was Ned's son, too much honor to do that I guess and he never talked about his mother. Then I remembered how Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna, they both died during the rebellion and Ned comes home with a baby.

"Dragon has three heads."
Danny and Jon make for two I guess, really wonder who's third.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #381
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That is a very old theory (one I only found out about 2 years ago), it has a lot of people behind the possibility of a Jon Targaryen.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #382
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Even if he is a child of Rhaegar and Lyanne I wouldn't call him Targaryen, much more Stark traits, dark hair, warg, fire can hurt him...
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #383
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Even if he is a child of Rhaegar and Lyanne I wouldn't call him Targaryen, much more Stark traits, dark hair, warg, fire can hurt him...

Raised a Stark and with their colorings but still the name follows the fathers side.

You may have also noticed that at the Tower of Joy there were kingsguard but there was no king there.. if Lylanna and him weren't married then there is no reason for them to guard her... Lylanna's bed had blue flowers, and in Dany's prophecy in the house of the undying showed a blue rose growing in the crack under or in The Wall.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #384
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

So many details, I love it! I will probably read all the books again before the Winds of Winter come out.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #385
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT READ BOOK 3 BELOW

Question:

I dont remember, is this how Ramsay was introduced in the books? Why would they make him kill Bolton men in the TV show?

I really can't remember if he did that in the books and if he did why would he kill his own men? (besides the fact that he's bat shit crazy)

Edit: Unless those were iron born and he hasn't gone to get the Bolton army yet to sack the city?

Last edited by Bano114 : 04-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #386
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
a song of fire and ice

targaryan = fire
stark = ice
jon = the song?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #387
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT READ BOOK 3 BELOW

Question:

I dont remember, is this how Ramsay was introduced in the books? Why would they make him kill Bolton men in the TV show?

I really can't remember if he did that in the books and if he did why would he kill his own men? (besides the fact that he's bat shit crazy)

Edit: Unless those were iron born and he hasn't gone to get the Bolton army yet to sack the city?
They want to introduce him as a psychopath, what better way than to show him kill his own men to carry on with his sadistic game.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #388
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

This isn't exactly how they show Ramsay in the books, by the time we get to Theon all this has happened. I'm fairly certain that I remember Theon thinking about an event just like this where he had helped him escape only to catch him and bring him back to the dreadfort.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #389
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
a song of fire and ice

targaryan = fire
stark = ice
jon = the song?
I always thougth of the title as dragons vs white walkers, that it would be the final battle.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #390
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I always thougth of the title as dragons vs white walkers, that it would be the final battle.

That works as well, especially if the theory holds true. Jon would be more fire than ice.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: