Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #421
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

From S03e04

I'm a little surprised that Margaery told Sansa that she'd like her to marry Loras. In the books that's who Sansa thinks she's going to marry but obviously he's in the Kingsguard and isn't really an option. I wonder how that will play out.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #422
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
From S03e04

I'm a little surprised that Margaery told Sansa that she'd like her to marry Loras. In the books that's who Sansa thinks she's going to marry but obviously he's in the Kingsguard and isn't really an option. I wonder how that will play out.

No point in bringing Willas up when we know she never ends up marrying him anyways. I always think in terms of that the writers are writing for people who haven't read the books. Loras is an obvious connection that people know, even had a friend calling out the plan before the scene with Sansa and Margaery. I could see a possible promotion to Kingsguard in Loras future with a marriage between Tyrion and Sansa to solidify the F U to the Tyrells
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #423
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
No point in bringing Willas up when we know she never ends up marrying him anyways. I always think in terms of that the writers are writing for people who haven't read the books. Loras is an obvious connection that people know, even had a friend calling out the plan before the scene with Sansa and Margaery. I could see a possible promotion to Kingsguard in Loras future with a marriage between Tyrion and Sansa to solidify the F U to the Tyrells

Oh... he's not part of the Kingsguard in the show yet, is he.. That makes more sense to me now.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #424
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Since this is for the books I may as well ask my questions here.

So I read most of the spoilers and from what I gathered Dany was supposed to marry a big time Slave King or whatever, then she rode off on her black dragon and landed on a desert, where some other Khal Conqueror found her, while her other 2 dragons are chilling in some pyramids and devouring local wildlife/people and getting huge, and her army is chilling outside of some city waiting for her.

Is all that true? Can someone fill me in on exactly what happens to her, the army and the dragons? Also by that time how big are the dragons? Already fully grown or still at medium stage? And how big do they really get?
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #425
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Since this is for the books I may as well ask my questions here.

So I read most of the spoilers and from what I gathered Dany was supposed to marry a big time Slave King or whatever, then she rode off on her black dragon and landed on a desert, where some other Khal Conqueror found her, while her other 2 dragons are chilling in some pyramids and devouring local wildlife/people and getting huge, and her army is chilling outside of some city waiting for her.

Is all that true? Can someone fill me in on exactly what happens to her, the army and the dragons? Also by that time how big are the dragons? Already fully grown or still at medium stage? And how big do they really get?

Dany takes over a city, sets free the slaves and rules as queen. Drogon kills a little boy so she has to chain up her dragons. Drogon bounces and say's peace, Viserion and Rhaegon get chained up and have their growth stunted.

A terrorist group known as the harpies begins to target Dany's freed slaves and her unsullied. The locals slowly begin to convince Dany to return some things back to normal i.e. the fighting pits.

Dany decides she should marry one of the "royals" of the city. He's most likely a harpy.. (He's a harpy).

A suitor from Westeros shows up and tries to marry her, but is rejected. He tries to take a dragon anyhow, and is burned alive when he tries to unchain them.

All the while Dany has been in love with a pimp sellswords man named Daario. Blue haired, golded tooth and "silver tongued", queen pussy slayer.

Dany has a large (not her idea) festival type deal, where she inadvertently saves the life of another westeros character from being eaten by lions. Drogon shows up, all the locals and Harpy folk are screaming to kill the dragon, Dany runs out whips at him but then says f-it.. and jumps on his back and they fly off. They land in the desert, she most likely has a miscarriage of Daario's baby (some people don't believe it but I do). She stumbles around sickly for a while after Drogon leaves her then she stumbles onto the other Khalasar but Drogon has returned.

The dragons aren't full grown, Drogon is the largest because his growth wasn't stunted from being chained up in a cave.

I might have missed a few things but I think that's the gist of it.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #426
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Also, Jorah has long since been sent away once Barristan Selmy tells her that he was spying on her for King Robert.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #427
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

will the dragons ever grow to be full size or she f*cked them forever.

Stupid khaleesi
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #428
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Remains to be seen, but I think Drogon will forever be bigger than the other 2.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #429
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

she also managed to piss off the other slave cities (pro slaves) and is under naval blockade from them.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #430
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drogon is supposed to be about the size of a bull and the others a bit smaller. Im thinking like...bull to big boar in size difference. They tell a story of how none of the dragons raised in the dragon pit in Kings Landing ever reached the sizes of the first 3 that grew up free and took over the kingdoms.

And I dont think she was baby sick. I think she has the pale mare/bloody flux/mega shits. But I suspect she fights it off since dragons dont get sick like normal people. Shes not supposed to be able to get pregnant at all anymore.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #431
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My gut feeling is that Dany is going to return to Mereen and team up with Tyrion as her new advisor.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #432
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I suspect Jon Snow is her nephew, Tyrion is her half brother(Mad king his father...he was in love with Tywins wife and was said to take liberties with other mens wives...Tywin said he was not his son....), and the 3 of them will each ride a dragon as they take westeros. I bet Tyrion finds out hes one of them when he runs into a dragon by chance and it spares him.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #433
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Jon - Yes
Tyrion - Yes

Daenerys - No.

I don't think something as pedestrian and expected as Dany taking Westeros on a dragon will be the finale.

Firstly, I don't think many empathize with her - which is usually a requirement for a hero in fantasy. She's given everything necessary to take Westeros, and it could be argued - could have done so already.

She doesn't want to see innocent blood spilled - which is something she would need to get over.

I just don't see her arc being that perfectly completed.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #434
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No last words for lord commander
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #435
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
No last words for lord commander
Felt sorry for him. Good guy and good commander...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: