Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #466
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Just finished ADWD last night.
I don't really think R'hollor and his priests are good guys here. Melisandre talks aobut battle between him and The Great Other and how R'hollor represents light while The Other represents darkness, but she sees Bran as the champion of The Great Other as Stannis is hers.
Red priests use sacrifice for their spells, they raise the dead (necromancy) and she burns the weirwood and calls Old Gods demons while we have no reason to believe that they are evil.
Maybe red priests aren't evil, but they are being manipulated to think the things they do are for the greater good (burning people and stuff).
Until I see who is The Great Other there is no reason to think that R'hollor is good imo.

And one interesting thing I saw on other forum:
Valar morghulis. Valar dohaeris.
All men must die. All men must serve.
Think about that order, first die, then serve...

Eager to see how it all actually plays out.
cool post. where does milisendre talk about bran?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #467
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
cool post. where does milisendre talk about bran?
I think it's her chapter in ADWD. She sees a boy with wolfs face (Bran most likely) as the champion of The Great Other.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #468
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

barely finishing a storm of swords but holy sh*t!!!'

i just spoiled the rest of season for myself but damn, having previously wacthed the show, it aided in visualizing the upcoming events. greeeeaaatt story

i've never been a reader, nothing could really keep my interest consistently, this series though....

i just might start reading more often.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #469
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i've never been a reader, nothing could really keep my interest consistently, this series though....

i just might start reading more often.
Same with me. I didn't read this much pages in my entire life (excluding school stuff).
I was so into this series that after finishing ADWD it feels like my life got no point (except waiting for other books from the series to come out)
After this, I appreciate reading much more than before. Must find something interesting after I finish rest of my exams...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #470
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Same with me. I didn't read this much pages in my entire life (excluding school stuff).
I was so into this series that after finishing ADWD it feels like my life got no point (except waiting for other books from the series to come out)
After this, I appreciate reading much more than before. Must find something interesting after I finish rest of my exams...
lol yeah one can easily get caught up in the series too much. i randomly just start thinking of match ups in my head "ser arthur dayne vs barriston the bold"
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #471
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Seems like the redpriests and the lord of light is like a symbolic combo of judaism/christianity/islam. Bran's magic is the pagan druid shit that christianity stomped out. The old gods haven't been shown to do jack shit, maybe there's a twist in the end, but it seems like subconsciously or not red priests are kind of a monotheistic christian approxomation thing
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #472
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

bump
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #473
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

Still waiting for Jon Snow's fate. GRRM wouldn't dare to kill him as well, would he? Or could he somehow warg into an animal before dying, perhaps his wolf?
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #474
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Where in the book does this season end. I want to jump in from the end of this season.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #475
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last night ends at page 584 of Storm of swords if you buy the bigger of the two soft cover books.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #476
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Still waiting for Jon Snow's fate. GRRM wouldn't dare to kill him as well, would he? Or could he somehow warg into an animal before dying, perhaps his wolf?
Wargs can continue to live in their animals after death, but I don't see where would his story go after that.
Mel can maybe revive him a la Thoros and Beric. Serving in Nights Watch is for life and if he's revived that means his life ended and he wouldn't be connected to NW oaths anymore.

Anyway, I'm 99% certain that he'll live, only not sure about the way of it...
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #477
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Isnt the prince who was promised supposed to come back to life?

The red woman will save him to prove her gods power.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #478
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

I have an epub. I guess i should go the the last Catelyn chapter.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #479
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Isnt the prince who was promised supposed to come back to life?

The red woman will save him to prove her gods power.
I don't remember that part.

Born amidst smoke and salt.
Blood of the dragon.
Bleeding star.

That's the stuff about the prince I remember...
Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #480
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I don't remember that part.

Born amidst smoke and salt.
Blood of the dragon.
Bleeding star.

That's the stuff about the prince I remember...

Well Jon's throat was slit and the wound was described as smoking. Salt one of the betrayers was crying and bleeding star, the knight that got smashed by the giant his sigil was a star. It's pretty convuluted way to go about things and frankly I hope Dany's the Prince that was Promised.

By the way has Melissandra ever even brought anyone back to life? so far her powers have been pretty weak.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: