Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #526
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Yeah, I can see something lke this happening. Tyrion and Shae have so much deeper relationship than in the books...
that scenario also makes tyrion more of a sympathetic figure in viewers eyes, instead of murdering shae, he's avenging her. makes him more of a hero.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #527
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
1. I honestly don't think Littlefinger will come down. I like the theory that Sansa will be his undoing but that seems to predictable. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Petyr will be one the victors of this series when it's all said and done.

Also, I hope Tyrion kills Shae in the show. Perhaps a blunt object to the head or they were in two separate rooms, maybe he kills both with an arrow but in their respective rooms..
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #528
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Im wondering how they approach the Shaq thing on the show. They have made her so....well...noble. Shes not out for money. turns down money enough for a palace overseas and a new life.

In the books she straight sells him out and starts ****ing his dad?

Plus...no chain on the show so how would he strangle her? I dont see him just...overpowering her. It wouldnt look realistic. Shae would beat his ass.

Perhaps shoot both with the same shot? One in front of the other? Hes not gonna....reload.

But he has to kill her or maybe they have Tywin do it. She would go with him overseas if she lived.

Maybe have someone do it after the trial? They have too good a relationship on the show for her to just turn on him like that.

I know a lot of people complain about the showing straying from source material, but its done a good job sticking to the main events of the book. Like we know Loras Tyrell will become a Kingsguard but they're taking a different path to come to the same conclusion(a desperate attempt by Cersei?) I know that they'll have Tyrion kill Shae and they're just setting her up as noble for a even bigger betrayal when he's truly lost everything. It's a huge turning point for his character and I don't think they can completely leave it out. I can see her coverage in jewels from Tywin and maybe Tyrion pulls a knife on her but chooses to strangle her instead. Half the audience will be shocked and the other half will be like that bitch got what she deserved after selling him out during the trial.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #529
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
3.most people think so. one thing that seems to be skipped over is that there is some underlying tension between science (maesters) and magic (red god, old monsters coming back from legends, dragons) i would say the faceless men would be in the magic camp.

Im not sure how far in the Faceless Men are in the magic camp. My belief is that Jaqen was hired to break in to the citadel and find the method to kill dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
So has anybody read any other book series that are as good as this one?

Started reading the Wheel of Time series this summer, i'm about a third of the way through he third book and have been enjoying it so far. The third book has some really interesting aspects to it.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #530
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

So this is basically the most awesome thing ever.

A mod was created for the game Crusader Kings 2. CK2 is basically a stratagey game where you control a leader of a faction and control your kingdom/whatever to reach a goal. Such as gaining a throne. You do this by forging alliances through marriages and going to war or what ever way you see fit.

At the same time your houses can make plots against you.

So the mod made was for A Song of Ice and Fire. Just from watching the video this seems extremely fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9G-CmxDDgg
Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #531
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
So this is basically the most awesome thing ever.

A mod was created for the game Crusader Kings 2. CK2 is basically a stratagey game where you control a leader of a faction and control your kingdom/whatever to reach a goal. Such as gaining a throne. You do this by forging alliances through marriages and going to war or what ever way you see fit.

At the same time your houses can make plots against you.

So the mod made was for A Song of Ice and Fire. Just from watching the video this seems extremely fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9G-CmxDDgg

I've watched a few of these before, seems really cool but CK2 is too detailed for my liking even with the ASoIaF mod.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #532
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I've watched a few of these before, seems really cool but CK2 is too detailed for my liking even with the ASoIaF mod.

Detailed? When it comes to ASoIAF I wouldnt want it any other way.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #533
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Detailed? When it comes to ASoIAF I wouldnt want it any other way.
totally agree, I'm just not very good at the game. I did just reinstall it and get the mod for it. playing as baelish, can't get anything done Gonna have to watch more videoes again to learn how to play correctly.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #534
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation

Whose the hottest girl?

I'm still in the beginning of ADWDs, but the way their talking about Val make it seem like she the fairest of them all.

Cercei? Dany? Lyanna? Arianne?

I'm thinking:

Dornish Women
Val
Dany
Lyanna
Cercei
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #535
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Whose the hottest girl?

I'm still in the beginning of ADWDs, but the way their talking about Val make it seem like she the fairest of them all.

I'm thinking:

Dornish Women
Val
Dany
Lyanna
Cercei

You can throw Margery Tyrell in the mix. But I am looking forward to seeing how they cast Arianne.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #536
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Whose the hottest girl?

I'm thinking:

Dornish Women
Val
Dany
Lyanna
Cercei
It's funny that there is no single ugly chick (except for Brienne) among the main characters. All are hot, have been hot in their prime, or they are growing into being hot. Even the not heavenly so pretty characters like Ygritte or Asha are hot.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #537
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Whose the hottest girl?

I'm thinking:

Dornish Women
Val
Dany
Lyanna
Cercei

All them are hot, Sansa also
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #538
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
It's funny that there is no single ugly chick (except for Brienne) among the main characters. All are hot, have been hot in their prime, or they are growing into being hot. Even the not heavenly so pretty characters like Ygritte or Asha are hot.

That girl who plays Ary? I don't think so.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #539
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

I think he's referring to how the characters are portrayed in the books since this is the book thread

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Arya had similar features to Lyanna Stark but isn't pretty, but the book sort of eludes that Arya has fully bloomed yet.

Older Arya

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ng-d664jro.jpg
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #540
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Well, I am talking about books. There she is described as looking like Lyanna who was hot enough to become the initiation of the war.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: