Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #571
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-hoop
Check out the excerpt of Winds of Winter in George's website. It talks about another Aegon and Golden Company which invaded the Stormlands in Westeros.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/catego...f-winter-news/

1. This old as hell.

2. Aegon and GC that took Stormlands are the same Aegon and GC during Tyrion's chapters. Moron.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #572
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-hoop
Of course there is only one real Aegon

But there are 2 boys saying that they are him, i just proved that with the excerpt from George's own site of the new book.
You have no idea what you're talking about...
Aegon from that excerpt is the same one that was with Tyrion, he just came to Westeros and he's a fake imo...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #573
B-hoop
High School Varsity 12th Man

My bad, been more then 2 years since i read ADWD so mixed shit up, gonna reread the novels
B-hoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #574
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Some pictures of Red Viper, Ellario and Mountain from the set. Posting it here because of spoilers
http://winteriscoming.net/2013/12/fi...r-and-ellaria/

And a comic of Red Viper vs. Mountain
http://mccomseycomix.wordpress.com/2...12-page-comic/
Old 01-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #575
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Aegon is a Blackfyre pretender. All the clues point to him being a fake and Illaryio's son with an Blackfyre woman. I think I remember reading the Golden Company would return to put a Blackfyre on the throne.
Do you guys think Aegon or Connington is aware he is fake?

Do you guys think Aegon will be able to convince doran that he is real and raise dorne to war?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #576
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Do you guys think Aegon or Connington is aware he is fake?

Do you guys think Aegon will be able to convince doran that he is real and raise dorne to war?
Doubt Con knows because the only reason he is fighting this war is for "Rhaeger's son". Think he was in love with the dude and wants to help his son.

I think Arianne will seduce the guy and there will be an alliance where Aegon takes over the kingdom. At least until Dany comes for another Dance of Dragons and kicks his ass
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #577
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Doubt Con knows because the only reason he is fighting this war is for "Rhaeger's son". Think he was in love with the dude and wants to help his son.

I think Arianne will seduce the guy and there will be an alliance where Aegon takes over the kingdom. At least until Dany comes for another Dance of Dragons and kicks his ass

Cosign. Con might have suspicions but he's deluding himself into believing because of his love for Rhaegar. I think Aegon will have everyone fooled and then be exposed by Dany.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #578
rezznor
Nosetradamus

potential sansa spoilers

http://io9.com/will-a-controversial-...rge-1496446672

Quote:
Will a "controversial" chapter make you curse at George R.R. Martin?
Will a "controversial" chapter make you curse at George R.R. Martin?
SEXPAND
A certain character from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series is going to be having a shocking twist in his next book, The Winds of Winter. Yes, that sounds like every character in his books — but apparently, this one will be extra "controversial." Spoilers ahead...

Now that you've agreed to look at some spoilers, they're actually pretty vague — but there's plenty of speculation attached to them. A new Vulture article about encounters with George R.R. Martin includes a chat with superfan Elio Garcia (who's helped us with our speculation about the TV show) in which Garcia reveals that he's read portions of The Winds of Winter.

And that includes "a Sansa chapter that is sure to be controversial."

RELATED

Game of Thrones’ Sansa Stark Is Awesome: A Treatise
Hey, folks! It's about that time of the year where I head to an abandoned cabin and have constant sex with Olivia Williams, so there will be no… Read…
Immediately the fan community set to work speculating. Sansa Stark, though sometimes belittled, is one of our favorite characters. But what event involving her could be "controversial?" It's probably not just her being brutalized or molested, because she's been victimized so much over the years that people might be upset, but not surprised.

Readers of the books will know that Sansa is living at the Vale, where Littlefinger has passed her off as his bastard daughter Alayne Stone. Also living there is frail Robert Arryn, the heir to the Vale. The other heir to the Vale, Harold Hardyng, is now betrothed to Sansa, not realizing who she really is.

So chances are the "controversy" involves Sansa doing something unexpected. Maybe she kills Lord Robin, so that she'll be in a stronger position? Maybe Littlefinger pushes his luck with her and she kills him, or injures him severely? Maybe she marries Harold and then reveals her true identity? Or maybe something completely different happens, like she wargs into Arya's direwolf or something.

In any case, most fan speculation doesn't seem to involve Sansa getting killed — not after all the build-up she's had — or killing Littlefinger before he gets to play his final moves. But it seems somewhat likely she'll finally learn to start playing the game instead of being a pawn. [Vulture via Westeros.org]

Quote:
Today, we read some hints for George R.R. Martin's The Winds of Winter and this sparked a flurry of speculation about Sansa Stark and her ultimate fate. Here are a few theories as to Sansa's future position in the Game of Thrones.

A Song of Ice and Fire spoilers below.

GoLikeHellMachine wonders if Martin is setting Sansa up to become just like the woman who tormented her:

I've been thinking they're setting up Sansa to become just like Cersei; cruel, calculating, hard. That leads me to believe I think she's going to kill Robin and marry Littlefinger instead.
Naturally, the idea of Sansa wedding Littlefinger caused some controversy, with some commenters liking the idea of Sansa and Littlefinger living nefariously ever after and others hoping that Sansa would eventually kill Littlefinger. But UnitedShoes wondered if killing the heir to the Vale would be a wise move:

I feel like killing the heir and marrying the regent wouldn't indicate much in the way of having learned to play the game, at least from the bits that have been revealed about Vale politics. It sounded like the key lords in the Vale of Arryn were loyal to Jon, tolerated Lysa because Jon liked her and she was mother to Robert, and are on the verge of revolt should anything happen to Robert, in spite of pretty openly feeling like he's not cut out to rule the Vale and being ready to stand behind Harold the Heir.

I could be wrong (it's been a while since I finished ADWD), but her and Littlerfinger's position in the Vale will have to change pretty significantly before I could expect a plan like that to not just wind up getting them both killed.
Although GoLikeHellMachine also adds that killing Sweetrobin is a move that makes sense to someone who learned the game the way Sansa did, and wonders if Joffrey's death and Cersei's current status might prompt her to reveal her true identity and try to rule the Vale.

In light of the notion that Sansa could turn out just like Cersei, LadyJillybean's speculation about Sansa is particularly interesting:

I keep thinking she's going to get pregnant at some point. Motherhood is quite an important theme and it would be interesting to see Sansa with her view on life going through that trial.
Where do you see Sansa heading in the next book? Will she keep playing the Game of Thrones, or will she fall to it?
L
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #579
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Seems like Sansa will become a playa
I like it, her character was pretty boring...
Old 01-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #580
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Can't see it to be honest. It would be bad writing. She can't just develop a killer instinct that quickly.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #581
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Some pictures of Red Viper, Ellario and Mountain from the set. Posting it here because of spoilers
http://winteriscoming.net/2013/12/fi...r-and-ellaria/

And a comic of Red Viper vs. Mountain
http://mccomseycomix.wordpress.com/2...12-page-comic/

Honestly, The Red Viper vs. Mountain is probably my favorite moment in the entire series. All the emotions that fight puts you through is crazy. My mind was boggled at the end of that fight. I've seen that comic and it's awesome. Can't wait til its on TV.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #582
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Honestly, The Red Viper vs. Mountain is probably my favorite moment in the entire series. All the emotions that fight puts you through is crazy. My mind was boggled at the end of that fight. I've seen that comic and it's awesome. Can't wait til its on TV.
I was just staring in the book in disbelief after their fight. Red Viper was sooo badass in that short time we got to see him...
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #583
MavsSuperFan

I will forgive Sansa for everything if she kills littlefinger. Not that I hate littlefinger but I would respect her for avenging Ned.

I think aegon is fake but I think he's ignorant of this fact.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #584
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Cosign. Con might have suspicions but he's deluding himself into believing because of his love for Rhaegar. I think Aegon will have everyone fooled and then be exposed by Dany.
It would be kind of hard to expose somebody without a DNA test
I guess she could burn him but he probably does have blackfyre blood which is the same as targaryen blood.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #585
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
It would be kind of hard to expose somebody without a DNA test
I guess she could burn him but he probably does have blackfyre blood which is the same as targaryen blood.
I think that Targs burn just like regular people. That one time with Daenerys was different for some reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: