Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #46
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Lyanna Stark I'm guessing

But one bit that might possibly eliminate Rh T as the papi is Jon not being impervious to fire like his possible aunt.
plenty of Targs have been burned.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #47
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
There's so much stuff like that! I go to another forum and people post little quotes and I'm like, how did I miss that quote! I was reading so fast through the series that I missed a ton.

For instance, this one isn't a huge deal, but I totally missed that Dany had a miscarriage at the end of ADWD
no, she is barren after losing khal drogo's baby
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #48
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
He's dead and won't be coming back. Maybe as a wight.

We don't know for sure, but I expect Cait to pass along Dondarrion's kiss to him, redeeming herself in a sense for the years of her having mistreated him.

He will then go on to marry Danny, and sit on the iron throne.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #49
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Is there anything from the texts that give a RB + L = JS? Wasn't RB with Ned the whole time in the Vale? Is there anything about when RB would have been with L?

I don't remember any specific moment when Robert would've been with Lyana in the books, but we know he loved her intensely and must have spent some time with her. The story would be that Ned took responsibility for Jon on his sister's behest to protect him from a possible Targaryen backlash.
I agree that Rhegar makes way way more sense. It's just that he almost makes too much sense, and we'd get thrown a curveball.
Can anyone make any kind of case that Jon actually is who he's described as, the offspring of an indescretion between Ned and the Dawnstar chick? In the last book, Sir Barriston paints a much more vivid picture of the two of them than I expected.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #50
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think he's a blackfyre myself. The paper dragon from the visions

What is the stone beast from the visions.. and something about a burning tower. Some think it's a dragon from dragonstone. or something from the wall or winterfell.. I think the stone beast is Jon Connington (greyscale and griffon both could be the stone they are referring to and beast obviously the griffon) and the burning tower will be when they take storms end or something along those lines.

I completely agree that the Greyscale is tied to the stone beast reference. Connington is a great guess. Has Tyrion started showing symptoms yet? I honestly don't remember. I remember him pricking his toes.

I need to re-read. I apologize for my lack of refinement in dialogue here. It'll all start coming back to me.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #51
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

As for the Howland Reed being the reveal of Jon's secret, I actually think it would be cool if it wound up coming through one of Bran's visions. It would give more weight to that thread of the story, make it have a heavy payoff, rather than this guy Howland Reed showing up after really only being mentioned in the previous 2500 pages to spill what I can only assume will be the defining moment of the story.
The other thing would be perhaps Melisandre sees it in one of her many visions, of which she's gotten worse as the series progresses. I know many people interpret her vision looking for AA and seeing only snow in the fire as a case that it is Jon Snow who is AA. Perhaps she brings him back with the kiss the way the only other Red Priest we've known has shown to be capable of.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #52
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Join the darkside like most of us here and keep reading. The books are better but the show is great! You're gonna want to know what's in book three before it comes to tv.. trust me. That book is bananas!

ASOS is the best of the series so far imo.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #53
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
We don't know for sure, but I expect Cait to pass along Dondarrion's kiss to him, redeeming herself in a sense for the years of her having mistreated him.

naa UnCat is nowhere near the wall right now. Either he is not actually dead yet or he gets brought back by other means (probably from Melisandre)
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #54
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
no, she is barren after losing khal drogo's baby
She definitely had a miscarriage
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #55
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Another popular theory is that Theon will be sacrificed at a weirwood tree and his blood will pay for Jon's life.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #56
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
She definitely had a miscarriage

ok, i guess i missed that part. i just remember her referring to her barren womb. who was the father? we are talking about adwd right?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #57
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
ok, i guess i missed that part. i just remember her referring to her barren womb. who was the father? we are talking about adwd right?
My guess is it was Daario
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #58
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
My guess is it was Daario
aahhhh..that's right it's all coming back now. I don't trust that Daario cat. He's too slick for his own good.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #59
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Another popular theory is that Theon will be sacrificed at a weirwood tree and his blood will pay for Jon's life.

I hope not. I despised Theon after I thought he'd killed Bran and Rick, but once we learned he hadn't, and as his arc took off more (reek stuff, etc), I really started to view him sympathetically. The guy has been through a LOT and I can't help but feel bad for him, and feel he deserves some peace.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
I hope not. I despised Theon after I thought he'd killed Bran and Rick, but once we learned he hadn't, and as his arc took off more (reek stuff, etc), I really started to view him sympathetically. The guy has been through a LOT and I can't help but feel bad for him, and feel he deserves some peace.

Yea, I like Theon or at least his story too. But he does seem to be looking for death a little bit. Maybe he won't so much anymore now that he's away from Ramsay.. but he's in the hands of Stannis and we know how he is about justice. He liked the Davos but that didn't stop him from taking his knuckles. Maybe Theon would find some peace in giving back the Starks one of their own. It is a sad story for Theon, always wanted to be a Stark and an Ironborn but was never either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: