Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #586
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I think that Targs burn just like regular people. That one time with Daenerys was different for some reason.

Wasn't it two times? Once when the dragons were born and then once when Drogon comes back and takes Dany away in the fighting pit?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #587
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I think that Targs burn just like regular people. That one time with Daenerys was different for some reason.
Didn't Daenerys also get burned when she rode the dragons out of the pit

Didn't selmy talk about her hair appearing on fire? Didn't she wake up naked cause her clothes burned?

I think targaryens do not burn from fire I think the reason her brother died was because of the gold

This is one of the reasons I think aegon will be so convincing because he does have targaryen blood just bastard blood

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 01-09-2014 at 07:30 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #588
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Can't remember the whole ADWD situation, but I'm pretty sure GRRM said that Targs aren't fireproof.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #589
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

GRRM said that hatching of the dragons was a miracle.

She ducked under Drogon's fire so it burned off only the hair, but she got burned when she pulled the spear out of his neck.

Multiple Targs in the past died of dragon or regular flame.

They burn just like anybody else.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #590
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
GRRM said that hatching of the dragons was a miracle.

She ducked under Drogon's fire so it burned off only the hair, but she got burned when she pulled the spear out of his neck.

Multiple Targs in the past died of dragon or regular flame.

They burn just like anybody else.
Yeah ok I remember that now
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #591
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manderly's payout? He appears to be leading the underground movement against the Bolton's. If the Starks are restored, what honor/titles/lands are gifted to them? Think they get the Dreadfort?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #592
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Manderly's payout? He appears to be leading the underground movement against the Bolton's. If the Starks are restored, what honor/titles/lands are gifted to them? Think they get the Dreadfort?
Imo the Manderly's already have the best place in all of the north. They control white harbor it's the largest city in the north and it has plenty of the incomes of the north. They have the silver mines of the north I believe. Obviously they have to remit taxes to the overlords of the north which were the Starks.

I think the Starks chose to give the Manderlys control of white harbor because they were sure of their loyalty.

Honestly the dreadfort would be a downgrade for them. The Manderley's want to help the Starks because of how the Starks saved them after the Gardeners kicked them out of the south
Old 01-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #593
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Imo the Manderly's already have the best place in all of the north. They control white harbor it's the largest city in the north and it has plenty of the incomes of the north. They have the silver mines of the north I believe. Obviously they have to remit taxes to the overlords of the north which were the Starks.

I think the Starks chose to give the Manderlys control of white harbor because they were sure of their loyalty.

Honestly the dreadfort would be a downgrade for them. The Manderley's want to help the Starks because of how the Starks saved them after the Gardeners kicked them out of the south

I'm not suggesting they leave White Harbor, just annex the lands and the fortress of the Dreadfort.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #594
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I'm not suggesting they leave White Harbor, just annex the lands and the fortress of the Dreadfort.
They might get a part of some lands. In ACOK we see Wyman taking Hornwood, although he proclaims he just defends it from the Bastard. He seems to be pretty sincere in helping Starks just because of "the promise", so I am not sure what would he want.

He may also die pretty soon and we don't know much about what would his son do.

Some cadet branch may be set up there (although I am not sure there is any Manderly left for that, they do not seem to be a big family and Wyman's second son is dead).

The concern would of course be that they would be getting little too powerful with this and that could cause problems in the future.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #595
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
They might get a part of some lands. In ACOK we see Wyman taking Hornwood, although he proclaims he just defends it from the Bastard. He seems to be pretty sincere in helping Starks just because of "the promise", so I am not sure what would he want.

He may also die pretty soon and we don't know much about what would his son do.

Some cadet branch may be set up there (although I am not sure there is any Manderly left for that, they do not seem to be a big family and Wyman's second son is dead).

The concern would of course be that they would be getting little too powerful with this and that could cause problems in the future.

I am afraid that Manderly might have hidden his plan too well, and if he dies, not enough people will have know the truth and might accidently side with bolten believing its manderly's wish.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #596
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Do any of you guys think the wall will come down? Or if the white walkers will somehow penetrate the wall and make their presence felt in the south? Also we know for a fact Obsidian can kill them, but its only speculation that valyrian steel can kill them right?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #597
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Do any of you guys think the wall will come down? Or if the white walkers will somehow penetrate the wall and make their presence felt in the south? Also we know for a fact Obsidian can kill them, but its only speculation that valyrian steel can kill them right?

I'm not sure. But what I am sure about is that no matter what happens a fuck load of wildlings are going to die.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #598
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
I am afraid that Manderly might have hidden his plan too well, and if he dies, not enough people will have know the truth and might accidently side with bolten believing its manderly's wish.
I think he's part of many, but might be the strongest house in the pact. Thus, he has more control of the "doings". He mentions that the North remembers and the mummers farce is almost done. That makes me think he might have some other houses or key individuals along side him.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #599
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Honestly, The Red Viper vs. Mountain is probably my favorite moment in the entire series. All the emotions that fight puts you through is crazy. My mind was boggled at the end of that fight. I've seen that comic and it's awesome. Can't wait til its on TV.

I remember reading the spoilers for the book before I even read the book, but I went back read Tyrion's chapters and I could only imagine how devastating the Red Viper's death is for those who didn't know what was coming. Dude had that Jaimie Lannister swag without all the smug douchiness
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #600
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Another thing is that I'm almost positive there will be eight books. Just too much stuff that has to happen in too little time. Doubt GRRM is gonna rush all the major events in a single book. If he can get eight books out, it would also kinda flow together

First 3- War of Five Kings and White Walker problems
Middle 2- Transition
Final 3- End Game
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: