Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #601
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Another thing is that I'm almost positive there will be eight books. Just too much stuff that has to happen in too little time. Doubt GRRM is gonna rush all the major events in a single book. If he can get eight books out, it would also kinda flow together

First 3- War of Five Kings and White Walker problems
Middle 2- Transition
Final 3- End Game
Yeah, I would expect 8 too. I also doubt he'll finish it unless he puts himself together and starts focusing on writing the main series instead of making editing anthologies, writing sidestories and going to conventions all over the world because of the show.

I think more than enough people know about Manderly's plans or at least share the same sentiment. The amount of them varies from few lords like Glover to almost the entire North as some people think there is a huge conspiracy and communication circle including everyone from Manderlys and Umbers to Howland Reed and the mountain clans going on.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #602
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

https://vine.co/v/h3j0E330FvQ

Speaking of Red Viper vs. The Mountain. The Game of Throne Vine put up a video of a short piece of the fight.

Dat spin doe.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #603
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Speaking of Red Viper vs. The Mountain. The Game of Throne Vine put up a video of a short piece of the fight.

Dat spin doe.
seemed pretty useless though

like Darth Maul spinning around Obi-wan and Qui-gon for no apparent reason
Old 01-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #604
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Why doesn't Red Viper have long hair?
Shouldn't he look like this?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pwqpSo-wxi...yn_martell.jpg
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #605
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
budget cut
Old 01-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #606
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Alot of the characters look totally different than the way they are described in the books. as long as they get the personality right, it ok.

Eg. ramsey bolten

Even tyrion is very different from his description.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #607
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Tiny little things like that i dont care about.Daenerys should have been completely bald with no eyebrows either for season 2 but who the **** wants to see that.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #608
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Tiny little things like that i dont care about.Daenerys should have been completely bald with no eyebrows either for season 2 but who the **** wants to see that.
She should have purple eyes too.
That would actually be cool imo, just like Vipers long hair. I probably won't pay much attention to those small details if actor does a good job I guess...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #609
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
She should have purple eyes too.
That would actually be cool imo, just like Vipers long hair. I probably won't pay much attention to those small details if actor does a good job I guess...

I mean the guy in your profile pic should have one side of his hair red and the other white.

The differences in the show that bothered me most were killing Robbs wife and not showing Danaerys' true visions in the House of the Undying.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #610
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Dat spin doe.

I jizzed
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #611
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I mean the guy in your profile pic should have one side of his hair red and the other white.

The differences in the show that bothered me most were killing Robbs wife and not showing Danaerys' true visions in the House of the Undying.
He kind of does its not completely one side red and one side white more like streaks

Daario looks like a cartoon character in the books

I dont think they did the visions thing because it kind of gave things away also the 3 headed dragon thing would be too much for some viewers
Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #612
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

I can understand why they did that. Danaery's whole time in Quarth was actually just handled poorly in season 2.

As for Red Viper a younger Antonio Banderas would have absolutely killed the part.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #613
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Oh theres a couple more snippets out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...=Entertainment

Season 4 trailer out sunday
Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #614
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Pay close attention to the flag in the 3rd vid. I'm going to squeel with glee when that scene happens, but people who haven't read the book will be like WTF?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #615
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Quote:

Daenerys standing and watching seems like a nice preview of her next 3 seasons
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: