Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #616
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

red viper gonna get stung
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #617
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I cannot wait, so many good scenes.. showed my gf the ViperVsMountain Vine, she was like so what... YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE AWESOMENESS!!

Don't know how you can tell whats on that flag, but it wasn't until you said that, that I understood what was going on in that scene.

Not sure what's going on with Dany, but I assume it's her holding court in her new land.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #618
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Lmao people's opinion about Jon Snow about to light up next season.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #619
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I dont think they did the visions thing because it kind of gave things away also the 3 headed dragon thing would be too much for some viewers

The Mans Body with a Crowned Wolf Head sort of tipped me off. But not to what specifically. In reading the book I actually kind of knew going in to that wedding Robb was going to die, because I linked that vision with some lines Tywin says in conversation about strategy.

But you don't understand how excited I was to see Rhaegar. They completely cut the vision out of him after Aegon is born.

That vision is astronomically important to the series. It established the Prophecy and The Prince Who Was Promised. If you say those names to the people who watch the show they probably won't understand what you're talking about. That vision is where a lot of people start linking Jon Snow as the Prince.

Show watchers don't have that.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #620
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Lmao people's opinion about Jon Snow about to light up next season.

And Stannis.

Most underrated character imo
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #621
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The Mans Body with a Crowned Wolf Head sort of tipped me off. But not to what specifically. In reading the book I actually kind of knew going in to that wedding Robb was going to die, because I linked that vision with some lines Tywin says in conversation about strategy.

But you don't understand how excited I was to see Rhaegar. They completely cut the vision out of him after Aegon is born.

That vision is astronomically important to the series. It established the Prophecy and The Prince Who Was Promised. If you say those names to the people who watch the show they probably won't understand what you're talking about. That vision is where a lot of people start linking Jon Snow as the Prince.

Show watchers don't have that.

If you see that Jon Snow vine trailer, show watchers won't need it. He looks even more sure of himself than he did in the books at that moment.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #622
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

GRRM will have to release the TWOW by 2015... The show will have to split 2015 into two seasons to give George more time to finish the last book.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #623
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't even bother anymore. The show's WILL pass the books. It's just a matter of how accurate the events in the show will be when/if eventually get the book
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #624
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I mean the guy in your profile pic should have one side of his hair red and the other white.

The differences in the show that bothered me most were killing Robbs wife and not showing Danaerys' true visions in the House of the Undying.
I watched 2 seasons and then read the books so I imagine Jaqen as he is on the show, kinda hypocritical of me to complain about Red Viper

Her vision in the show would probably give out too much since it's visual, but they should've showed Rheagar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Don't know how you can tell whats on that flag, but it wasn't until you said that, that I understood what was going on in that scene.
I still don't know what's happening in that scene. Someone care to explain?
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #625
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I watched 2 seasons and then read the books so I imagine Jaqen as he is on the show, kinda hypocritical of me to complain about Red Viper

Her vision in the show would probably give out too much since it's visual, but they should've showed Rheagar...

AAR rescues the wall.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #626
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99

One word they yelled...

Stannis Stannis Stannis!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #627
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
AAR rescues the wall.
Thanks
With all that snow, I should've guessed even if I couldn't recognize the flag.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #628
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
And Stannis.

Most underrated character imo

This. Stannis is my dude. He's the one guy that should be king, unfortunately like real life the ones most fit to rule never get the chance.

Quote:

I put it together from the setting and the way the Knights were dressed. Also remember Stannis sigil is the flaming heart. I hope they make the whole build up and the reveal as epic as it was in the books. It kinda just comes out of no where.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #629
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputation

Hopefully they will finally turn Stannis into the Mannis he is. Probably the worst written character on the show.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #630
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
This. Stannis is my dude. He's the one guy that should be king, unfortunately like real life the ones most fit to rule never get the chance.

I put it together from the setting and the way the Knights were dressed. Also remember Stannis sigil is the flaming heart. I hope they make the whole build up and the reveal as epic as it was in the books. It kinda just comes out of no where.

Oh I remember what his sigil is. I just can't make it out from that video.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: