Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #106
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

If she doesnt I would consider my time reading her chapters time waisted...She has to make it.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #107
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Yeah im thinking that possibly I will like AFFC better on a second read.. particularly since ill be able to read it rapidly due to having already read it before. I plan on reading the whole series a second time but Im likely going to wait a while, since I have so many other books in my to-read list.

Ill likely read the whole thing again sometime before Season 3 of the show begins or when The Winds of Winter comes out. Assuming I could wait that long..lol
So much for waiting.. Got the girlfriend to read GoT. She bought it today.. So ill be re-reading the first one to refresh the small details. That way I can be clear about anything I may have to explain or clearing up. Once she reads, shell be just as hooked and so ill be revisiting all the other novels.. Even the dreaded Feast for Crows. -.-
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #108
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
So much for waiting.. Got the girlfriend to read GoT. She bought it today.. So ill be re-reading the first one to refresh the small details. That way I can be clear about anything I may have to explain or clearing up. Once she reads, shell be just as hooked and so ill be revisiting all the other novels.. Even the dreaded Feast for Crows. -.-

Like lurker said...you'll probably pick up alot of details in AFFC that could make it a better read the second time around.

Ive been meaning to re-read the series. Finally picked up the AGoT and read the first chapter. Put it down and said I would read more later....but then I got a book from the university I have to read so I have to set it aside for now.

I'll probably read it before season 3 gets started. Some new stuff is coming out too....I think a new short story like the Dunk and Egg series and something called The World of Ice and Fire. Ive been trying to figure out what it is but I'm not completely sure.

I'll probably read those eventually.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #109
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Like lurker said...you'll probably pick up alot of details in AFFC that could make it a better read the second time around.

Ive been meaning to re-read the series. Finally picked up the AGoT and read the first chapter. Put it down and said I would read more later....but then I got a book from the university I have to read so I have to set it aside for now.

I'll probably read it before season 3 gets started. Some new stuff is coming out too....I think a new short story like the Dunk and Egg series and something called The World of Ice and Fire. Ive been trying to figure out what it is but I'm not completely sure.

I'll probably read those eventually.
Don't get me wrong, as soon as I get to AFFC, I will put the effort and ill pay attention to detail.

Oh and I gotta search out the extra stories your talking about.. Im intrigued by the idea of anything I&F related coming out. It'll provide me a fix, even if it's of the lower-rate variety.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #110
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I think the Starks are going to come back in a big way in the Winds of Winter. Sansa will have the Eyrie behind her if her marriage to Harry goes through, Rickon will have the North and at some point Arya has to come back and settle her debts. I see the book pretty much going the way of The Godfather where the Corleone family gets revenge on everyone that's wronged them. The Freys are slowly getting dealt with between the outlaws and the Manderlys going to work. Walder Frey deserves the world's slowest and painful death, but knowing GRRM he won't give the readers everything they want. Expect him to die of natural causes.

The bigger question is will Dany ever even make it to Westeros?
Her story seems to have stalled.
she will. grrm has said that he designed the story so that all the main characters initially get spread apart all across the world, but they will all start moving towards each other and converge for the end.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #111
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
she will. grrm has said that he designed the story so that all the main characters initially get spread apart all across the world, but they will all start moving towards each other and converge for the end.

I can definitely see Tyrion working with her to get revenge on Cersei.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #112
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

That's good to know that he plans to have the characters come back, but he's going to have to kill off a lot of them in the next book to lean out the storylines.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #113
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Well I was reading through some Prophecies from the novels today and came up with an idea of how I think some of the major characters storys will play out based on the prophecies.

Do not read the white text if you dont want to know what could likely happen of if you haven't finished the first 5 books. Spoilers will be below.

I was reading peoples speculation of what some of the House of Undying prophecies meant today that were written before book 5. Now that book 5 is out they need to be reevaluated because of the new information we learned in book 5.

First...

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amid a cheering crowd. From a stone tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire...mother of dragons...slayer of lies...

The first vision of the blue eyed King with no shadow is Stannis. The second cloth dragon is Aegon.

What this prophecy is suggesting is that Dany as the Slayer of Lies will defeat Stannis and prove he is not Azor Ahai reborn. The next lie she will slay is the lie that Aegon Targaryen is a Targaryen. He is actually a Blackfyre and she will defeat him at Dragonstone.

The second prophecy that stood out says...

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright on his dead face, gray lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a ***** in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...mother of dragons...bride of death...

This suggests that Jon Snow (the corpse) will infact come back (Azor Ahai reborn maybe?) and make his way across the narrow sea and cross paths with Danaerys. They will marry eachother making Dany the Bride of death. The blue flower from the wall of ice suggests Jon is Lyannas son from Rhaegar.

What I'm thinking now. Is maybe.....The Song of Ice and Fire is the love story told about Jon Snow (Ice) and Danaeys Targaryen (Fire).

In my opinion this is what will happen. Its all in the books. What do you guys think?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #114
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn im about 160 pages into GOT and this book is awesome

Jon Snow and Eddard are my favorite characters so far
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #115
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Well I was reading through some Prophecies from the novels today and came up with an idea of how I think some of the major characters storys will play out based on the prophecies.

Do not read the white text if you dont want to know what could likely happen of if you haven't finished the first 5 books. Spoilers will be below.

In my opinion this is what will happen. Its all in the books. What do you guys think?

What chapters in a Clash of Kings can I find the prophecies in the house of the undying. You theories are pretty interesting and they are pretty much along the lines of what I've read on other message boards and forums especially L+R=J. Another theory about corpse on the prow of the ship is.... That it's Victorion Grey joy. And that he will be how Dany returns to Westeros. I don't see her marrying a zombie Jon Snow and a I don't actually believe Jon Snow is really dead Dany will return to Westeros, but in what capacity who knows, I don't think she'll be the one sitting the Iron Throne in the end.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #116
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am re-reading AGoT, I noticed something in the Bran chapter where he's falling with the three eye'd crow. Curious to see what you guise think about it.

Quote:
He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. ANother was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over both of them loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and think black blood

Littlefinger?

He starts the war between Lannister and Stark, so he could be seen as looming over both of them. Armor made of stone could be a reference to the Titan on Bravos (his original family coat of arms) and/or that he would be lord protectorate of the Vale. I just don't like all the stuff at the end.. darkness and blood... makes him sound like such a bad guy.

Another thing that stood out to me in the first Bran chapter was when he was on the rooftops and he talked about how much he liked being up there because he could see everything and basically foreshadowing him to be exactly what he becomes.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #117
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
What chapters in a Clash of Kings can I find the prophecies in the house of the undying. You theories are pretty interesting and they are pretty much along the lines of what I've read on other message boards and forums especially L+R=J. Another theory about corpse on the prow of the ship is.... .... Dany will return to Westeros, but in what capacity who knows, I don't think she'll be the one sitting the Iron Throne in the end.

I googled what chapter it was and it says chapter 48 in A Clash of Kings. Your theory makes sense as well because If he blows the Dragon Horn he will "die" or something along those lines. Plus Victorion is already on his way to Essos while Jon is still in Westoros. Jon would fit the prophecy better though.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #118
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I am re-reading AGoT, I noticed something in the Bran chapter where he's falling with the three eye'd crow. Curious to see what you guise think about it.

Littlefinger?

He starts the war between Lannister and Stark, so he could be seen as looming over both of them. Armor made of stone could be a reference to the Titan on Bravos (his original family coat of arms) and/or that he would be lord protectorate of the Vale. I just don't like all the stuff at the end.. darkness and blood... makes him sound like such a bad guy.

Another thing that stood out to me in the first Bran chapter was when he was on the rooftops and he talked about how much he liked being up there because he could see everything and basically foreshadowing him to be exactly what he becomes.
It could be lil-F but it could be Ungregor as well?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #119
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
It could be lil-F but it could be Ungregor as well?

Yeah that sounds exactly like Ser Robert Strong to me.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #120
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Didn't even think of Ungregor, I like that better.

It's hard to say that it isn't Jon Snow, but I think I like it better as Victorian. I'm not sure how he is a corpse, maybe the prophecy had expected him not to be saved from Greyscale? Red Priests FTW?!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: