Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool
Default Give credit where credit is due: Atlanta Hawks

I know the "cool" thing to say to this thread is "nobody cares about the Hawks" .. "The Hawks are boring.." etc, etc.. But the Atlanta Hawks just finished the season 40-26, which is basically the equivalent of a 50 win season. Al Horford only played in about 10% of those games. Once he went down the Hawks were given absolutely no chance. Some said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Well look where they are now.. 5th seed, with home court advantage first round. Al is still out and Zaza will miss a few playoff games. This team has been hit with the ultimate injury bug and continues to persevere and go about their business. The Hawks will make noise come playoff time.

Go Hawks!
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Give credit where credit is due: Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
I know the "cool" thing to say to this thread is "nobody cares about the Hawks" .. "The Hawks are boring.." etc, etc.. But the Atlanta Hawks just finished the season 40-26, which is basically the equivalent of a 50 win season. Al Horford only played in about 10% of those games. Once he went down the Hawks were given absolutely no chance. Some said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Well look where they are now.. 5th seed, with home court advantage first round. Al is still out and Zaza will miss a few playoff games. This team has been hit with the ultimate injury bug and continues to persevere and go about their business. The Hawks will make noise come playoff time.

Go Hawks!

They'll be bounced in the first round.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Who they play first round? Boston? Bounced.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Who they play first round? Boston? Bounced.

Not saying this just cause I'm a Hawks fan but based on the past few playoff appearances I think they have an advantage on the Celtics mainly due to the fact that they have home court advantage.

Hawks are a different team at home during the playoffs
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
marion706
Serious playground baller

marion706 has an OK reputation so far

smh! No one likes the hawks for some reason
marion706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

I'll give credit to the playoffs, but the organization as a whole gets no love for me.

It's baffling how long they have sat at the "so close to great, but not quite there" level without making a move to try to become a contender. Ridiculous. What's it like 5 straight years now of them being 4th or 5th seed in the East? LOL.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
J-Futuristic
Suck a Duck

J-Futuristic has decent reputationJ-Futuristic has decent reputation

Hell all we need is Zaza and I like our chances.
J-Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
I'll give credit to the playoffs, but the organization as a whole gets no love for me.

It's baffling how long they have sat at the "so close to great, but not quite there" level without making a move to try to become a contender. Ridiculous. What's it like 5 straight years now of them being 4th or 5th seed in the East? LOL.

The window is closing rapidly
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

props to the hawks on a good season

they surpassed most people's reasonable expectations.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do respect the way they overcame Horford's injury.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #11
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93

props to the hawks on a good season

they surpassed most people's reasonable expectations.

I thought the objective was to win a championship or to at least compete to win a championship?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I thought the objective was to win a championship or to at least compete to win a championship?

i never mentioned objective

they surpassed expectations
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
Not saying this just cause I'm a Hawks fan but based on the past few playoff appearances I think they have an advantage on the Celtics mainly due to the fact that they have home court advantage.

Hawks are a different team at home during the playoffs

AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #14
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

The celtics are obviously not the same team but they stepped it up a notch to finish a strong 4th seed (5th seed actually). So i think this is going to be an interesting series. I didnt know the hawks are playing without horford and zaza too, so im surprised they managed to stay on top of the pack. Respect.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
r15mohd
Local High School Star

r15mohd has decent reputation

Hawks have a great chance being that Allen isn't healthy and Pierce is a lil beat up...they can surely win the series. Will it give them the momentum to advance further tho, I doubt it...but best of luck ATL!
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: