Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation
Default Re: Official ISH Hip-Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
First rap albums i remember buying as a kid are Word of Mouf by Luda and Genesis by Busta. The charisma of rappers is really what hooked me on hip hop at first.

Word of Mouf is the first rap album I purchased too.

And I agree, I love rappers with energy that get you hyped up. You know a song is good if it makes you want to fight somebody or just go crazy. I don't like to dance but a really good song will make me dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmn4cNXBdY
Vice Versa by Pastor Troy
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo
You're afraid of change. You never even give that stuff a chance.

I DID BUT THEY W.H.A.C.K. M.F.E.R
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
See...you can't take nobody seriously like this mfer.

Not even sure what that is supposed to mean...
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Not even sure what that is supposed to mean...

I am just like your avatar mfer.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #20
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://creamteam.tv/?p=5250

great post about the female rappers in chicago.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #21
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
rule: no posting links without reason or explanation (el kissel u bithc!)

what is everyone's favorite verse on this classic mfer?

24 hrs to live

black rob for me, shooting a fvck ngga and peeing on the floor? very reckless.
I had this Mase Harlem World CD, got it for Christmas 97, haha.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #22
Alamo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Ok. What are the things you like about some of those artists? What makes their music and respective sounds appeal to you?

Blu. I started listening to him a few years ago. It's funny because I never really liked west coast rappers(except Lil B and Pac Div) but he just has this crazy calm flow. Lyrically he's one of the deepest and most refreshing rappers out right now.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #23
Alamo
Banned

Quote:
http://creamteam.tv/?p=5250

great post about the female rappers in chicago.

This isn't that bad. I don't really like the rapper, but the beat is pretty sick.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Blu. I started listening to him a few years ago. It's funny because I never really liked west coast rappers(except Lil B and Pac Div) but he just has this crazy calm flow. Lyrically he's one of the deepest and most refreshing rappers out right now.

Best thing about Blu is he is willing to experiment. not many dudes that make xxl covers are willing to rap over wonky ass flying lotus beats and make albums like noyork.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #25
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This isn't that bad. I don't really like the rapper, but the beat is pretty sick.

what are you talking about? let me guess, you played the video at the top which is "shady - go in" and did not read any of the words or listen to any of the other tracks. READ THE WORDS
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Word of Mouf is the first rap album I purchased too.

And I agree, I love rappers with energy that get you hyped up. You know a song is good if it makes you want to fight somebody or just go crazy. I don't like to dance but a really good song will make me dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmn4cNXBdY
Vice Versa by Pastor Troy
I remember Word of Mouf, didn't own it though may have had a bootleg copy. I did get his next one CHicken-N-Beer.

Pastory Troy should have blown up. Homie was bad,

PT: This Tha City
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #27
Alamo
Banned

Quote:
what are you talking about? let me guess, you played the video at the top which is "shady - go in" and did not read any of the words or listen to any of the other tracks. READ THE WORDS

The words were about the songs. And I listened to two of the songs, the one at the top was better than the Katie got bandz one.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
The words were about the songs. And I listened to two of the songs, the one at the top was better than the Katie got bandz one.

you should really read though, there is so much great writing about rap.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #29
Brujesino
BoGawd

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-xq7t6pKw

I like that song, i like the video more.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #30
Alamo
Banned

Quote:
Best thing about Blu is he is willing to experiment. not many dudes that make xxl covers are willing to rap over wonky ass flying lotus beats and make albums like noyork.

And I usually like most of the stuff he does too. Him and flying lotus mesh well, just like he did with exile.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: