Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Miami's path

Of the top contenders, the Heat got a tough way to go. Playing three top defensive teams that all have a bench and very good big men is a tough task for a team not really that good on the boards and whose weakness is playing big. With the potential of playing the Knicks, Indiana and Chicago, the Heat will have to play slow down ball and get around a clogged middle throughout the playoffs. Teams that can actually get Lebron and Wade to shoot long distance shots is Miami's underbelly.

The slowed the Heat down near the end of the regular season and several other defensive teams picked up on it and were able to beat the Heat with grind mode as their weapon. In the East they got the three worse teams they could have possibly faced. While they made fast work of the Eastern Conference last year, I don't see that happening this year. They seem to depend on the big three much more this year, with far less contribution from other players. Lebron is the only player that has been on his game, but that alone is enough on some nights. I see them playing at least four more games than last year.

Do you all see Miami as being a little bit more vulnerable this year?
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Default Re: Miami's path

knicks(garbage)
pacers (wack)
bulls (wack)

unless they happen to play the celtics in the ECF they are cruising to the finals (again)
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
knicks(garbage)
pacers (wack)
bulls (wack)

unless they happen to play the celtics in the ECF they are cruising to the finals (again)

Vintage Dizzle-2k7.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
NauruDude
Banned

Quote:
knicks(Battle of the Anthony's)
pacers (Roy vs. Joel)
bulls (Mario vs. Luol)

NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

New York Clipperbockers will be a sweep. Not sweatin' them at all.

Pacers will be a legit series, but no more than 6 games.

Bulls with be tougher, closer games, but Miami takes it in 5, assuming the Bulls make it past the first 2 rounds.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

i dont think they make it past indiana.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
i dont think they make it past indiana.
That's only because you're incredibly stupid Nate Jizz.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:

Quote:

Bulls with be tougher, closer games, but Miami takes it in 5, assuming the Bulls make it past the first 2 rounds.

y are you contradicting yourself.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
Pointguard

Quote:
knicks(garbage)
pacers (wack)
bulls (wack)

By all means they would have the easiest time with the Celtics. You just don't know Miami. The Celts would be the only team that they could run against. The only team that doesn't play big. The only team that can't give up fouls. The only team that doesn't have a lot of athletic players. They are the only team that's older than the Heat. They are the team with the weakest bench and the smallest players. True they have more experience but the Heat went thru that last year. They know they can beat Boston in a series, all three of these teams are relative unknowns that are bigger, longer, stronger, more active, faster, quicker, with more players and more athletes than the Celtics.

Of course you are entitled to believe whatever but if you believe the path is easy then there really should be an unquestioned title in 20 games - anything less is an upset?

Last edited by Pointguard : 04-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
-M-I
HI

Ok just remember this when they dominate the playoffs again so we won't have people complaining that they had it too easy
-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Pointguard

Quote:

Mello is going to be hyped and fully engaged. If Amare is fully engaged the Knicks will make it a series. I doubt that Miami is focused enough to sweep teams. They seemingly loose concentration when teams slow them down for four games in a row.

The Pacers will kind of stun them.

No way can they take this Chicago team in five if Rose is healthy. Chicago will see how other defenses disturbed Miami and may even zone up like the Knicks will. Miami needs more player involved than Wade and Lebron. Last year yall had that. Not so much this year.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
jlip
Good college starter

Honestly their road does look a little tough. While I think that they should definitely defeat the Knicks, I could easily see that series going 6 or maybe even 7 games. The Knicks team that the Heat faced in February is not the same team that they faced in April. The Knicks won 18 of 42 games under D'Antoni. They won 18 of 24 under Woodson. Those are two different teams there.

I may be underestimating the Pacers but I think the Heat will have an easier time against them than against the Knicks.

The Bulls IMO is a series that's up for grabs.

This should be a tough road for them, but I'm seen stranger things happen.
jlip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
Pointguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I
Ok just remember this when they dominate the playoffs again so we won't have people complaining that they had it too easy
They were surprisingly dominant last year, especially when you consider how bad they were against the elite. I will give you that. It was like when they zero in on a team they seem to go up a notch in their play. Its just that this year things seem more wide open. And Bosh not looking like a superstar and the non-stars not really contributing it seems like things will be harder. And Wade hasn't looked exceptional this year.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
Pointguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
Honestly their road does look a little tough. While I think that they should definitely defeat the Knicks, I could easily see that series going 6 or maybe even 7 games. The Knicks team that the Heat faced in February is not the same team that they faced in April. The Knicks won 18 of 42 games under D'Antoni. They won 18 of 24 under Woodson. Those are two different teams there.

I may be underestimating the Pacers but I think the Heat will have an easier time against them than against the Knicks.

The Bulls IMO is a series that's up for grabs.

This should be a tough road for them, but I'm seen stranger things happen.
The Knicks are going to experiment and do different things defensively. So true that the Heat don't really know this team, Woodson, has them much more disciplined on defense and they are aggressive as well. They even do synchronized gambles on defense. Miami, which was caught visibly guessing on how to attack defenses will see everything in the first three rounds should they advance. Miami was stifled by LA and other teams did the same thing. So they looked a little vulnerable.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: