Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: suspended from my job

I don't usually talk to much about my personal problems on this website, but this one hit me like a ton of bricks. So basically, there was something that went down recently at my work with some people I am closely associated with. I met them at work but they really became my friends, we chill outside of work sometimes and I pretty much trust them (or I did). So I guess one day they took something valuable home from work, got caught, and got fired immediately. And i'm thinking damn that sucks. I knew about it, but the type of person I am even if they weren't my friends i'd rather turn a blind eye to whatever is going on around me like that then to be somebodies witness. And I guess that turned around to bite me because after work today they called me into the office to say they need to speak with me. I came in and they told me that i'm suspended indefinitely, that they can't legally tell me why but that my name was thrown into something and they have to investigate it. I would have to assume it's for that, and i'm sell shocked right now. Don't really know what my next move should be.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: suspended from my job

I would talk to my labor union, for legal advice.
Other than that, you should try to distract yourself to not think too much.
Good luck, friend.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My job isn't unionized, and I can't really afford a lawyer nor have they actually filled me in on whats going on. Right now i'm just basing it off that assumption, and the fact that I called someone from my job after they spoke to me and the person told me that they are looking into whether I had any involvement... Which I didn't (in the actual stealing part) but I just wonder/think I would be in trouble just for having heard about it and not reporting it. That is, if they threw my name under the bus.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

That's bullshit that someone would throw your name into something you weren't related to. I hope everything works out for you dude.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Go to your HR rep?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
That's bullshit that someone would throw your name into something you weren't related to. I hope everything works out for you dude.
appreciate that. because unlike an NBA suspension, i'm not rich. So therefore not being paid affects me in significant ways... especially when my rent/car insurance/car note/credit card payments come up next month.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Go to your HR rep?
funny you say that, my HR rep invited me to go with her to a party this saturday. Maybe i'll bring it up then.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

If you didn't do anything wrong. I can't see what you need to worry about.

The fact that they suspended you based on suspicion is complete bull****. I would be asking for back-pay once your name is cleared.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Document everything you know about the situation. Just in case they try to fire you, if you need a lawyer, you can figure out according to law if you have a chance against your employer. Never retaliate towards your employer if they are accusing you. If you know who your accuser is, be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a retaliatory move.

All I can suggest otherwise, if they ask questions, be honest.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Well the thing is, I know how the justice system works.. or at least somewhat. So the only reason i'm stressing about it is because I feel like they would probably fire me too just for them having told me about it and me not reporting it, even if it was after work. Although I wonder if they could actually prove that.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

they cant suspend you bcs someone just said your name. You should fight for your rights. You didnt do anything wrong. Now unless they have proof or strong evidence against you, then thats different. Is this a big company?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

So officially, they fired me from my job. I asked them why and they said that they have gathered enough evidence to say that I was involved with those guys in what they took. I asked what evidence they have and they said they didn't have to tell me.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

holy sh!t. that's messed up. But I think someone talked. That could really be their only evidence. Sorry man, hope things work out for you...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

sht. sorry to hear this bro.

planning on getting a lawyer and defending yourself?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Really don't have any advice for you but my thoughts are with you. I would suggest you take some sort of legal action if you think it would be worth it, it's pretty unfair for them to fire you based on evidence that isn't even true, especially without giving you a chance to defend yourself.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: