Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
The Rubio effect is simple: when Rubio was on the team the Wolves gave a shit to make the playoffs.

When Rubio went down the Wolves went into tank mode.
Not really, the rest of the team simply sucks. Rubio-Love-Pek were amazing together and everyone else pretty much sucks.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Sweens
Great young streetballer
 
Sweens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 503
Sweens is a pretty well-respected posterSweens is a pretty well-respected posterSweens is a pretty well-respected posterSweens is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Not really, the rest of the team simply sucks. Rubio-Love-Pek were amazing together and everyone else pretty much sucks.

It was a tank job, to be up by 21 against the tanking Warriors, and still lose is almost impossible, but the Timberwolves did it somehow
Sweens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweens
It was a tank job, to be up by 21 against the tanking Warriors, and still lose is almost impossible, but the Timberwolves did it somehow
Because our players are awful and have no idea how to play as a team. Barea is the only one that really does know how to play within a team but he isn't good enough to warrant all the minutes he gets.


Literally *every* single one of Kahn's aquisitions have been gigantic flops aside from Rubio. Not a single person is any good. McHale has done more for this teams future than Kahn has since he was the one who got Pekovic and Love.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 12,020
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Can anyone imagine Rubio doing THIS?

And I could probably rattle off a ton of rookies who had much larger impact on their teams. Just off of the top of my head- Olajuwon, David Robinson. There you go.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

2002-2003 denver nuggets when 17-65 (tied for worst record with cleveland)

2003-2004 nuggets with carmello anthony when 43-39 and made the playoffs.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
2002-2003 denver nuggets when 17-65 (tied for worst record with cleveland)

2003-2004 nuggets with carmello anthony when 43-39 and made the playoffs.
Rubio had a bigger effect on winning % and we would of made the play offs if he didn't tear his ACL
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Can anyone imagine Rubio doing THIS?

And I could probably rattle off a ton of rookies who had much larger impact on their teams. Just off of the top of my head- Olajuwon, David Robinson. There you go.
Again, my title wasn't a serious statement. It's a jab at everyone who disses Rubio as some scrub because he doesn't have amazing box scores. The dude is a winner and it shows on the court.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #23
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Rubio had a bigger effect on winning % and we would of made the play offs if he didn't tear his ACL

you cant really say they would have made the playoffs...

plus the timberwolves were 21-21 after the lakers game where rubio got injured. (they already lost when he was hurt)

43-39 > 21-21

at the they were going the wolves weren't gonna make the playoffs.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,349
Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
2002-2003 denver nuggets when 17-65 (tied for worst record with cleveland)

2003-2004 nuggets with carmello anthony when 43-39 and made the playoffs.
Also:

1988-89 San Antonio Spurs: 21-61
1989-90 San Antonio Spurs (with David Robinson): 56-26
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #25
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 12,020
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Again, my title wasn't a serious statement. It's a jab at everyone who disses Rubio as some scrub because he doesn't have amazing box scores. The dude is a winner and it shows on the court.

Been a fan of Rubio's since he first made a name for himself in the last Olympics, always like watching him. And you're right, he is a winner, he's proven that at every level. One of those guys (ala a Jason Kidd) who brings so many intangibles and all around skill to the table that he can dominate a game without scoring a single point.

No need to be facetious. Haters gonna hate.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
you cant really say they would have made the playoffs...

plus the timberwolves were 21-21 after the lakers game where rubio got injured. (they already lost when he was hurt)

43-39 > 21-21

at the they were going the wolves weren't gonna make the playoffs.
You didn't even read my OP. The Wolves were 19-13 when Rubio was in the starting line up. The first 10 games he didn't start we lost to OKC by 4 points, MIA by 2, MEM by 4, and the Bulls by 1. This all was with Rubio only playing like 25 mins a games. Once he got more mins as the starter we started to win at a much higher rate. It's pretty easy to extrapolate this and say the Wolves would of been better than a .500 team at seasons end if Rubio never got injured.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #27
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
You didn't even read my OP. The Wolves were 19-13 when Rubio was in the starting line up. The first 10 games he didn't start we lost to OKC by 4 points, MIA by 2, MEM by 4, and the Bulls by 1. This all was with Rubio only playing like 25 mins a games. Once he got more mins as the starter we started to win at a much higher rate. It's pretty easy to extrapolate this and say the Wolves would of been better than a .500 team at seasons end if Rubio never got injured.

well its pretty easy for any team to come up with reasons they didnt win more.

cleveland was on pace for the playoffs until varajoe got hurt.
kyrie hurt his shoulder, and whit him playing we probly would have won more.

you cant just claim what they would have done with him as a starter... what if Lin didnt get hurt or if he played more at the beginning of the year? would they have won a lot more games? maybe, but you can't use that in an arguement and claim it as fact.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #28
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,575
FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
well its pretty easy for any team to come up with reasons they didnt win more.

cleveland was on pace for the playoffs until varajoe got hurt.
kyrie hurt his shoulder, and whit him playing we probly would have won more.

you cant just claim what they would have done with him as a starter... what if Lin didnt get hurt or if he played more at the beginning of the year? would they have won a lot more games? maybe, but you can't use that in an arguement and claim it as fact.
You're right, but half the season is a pretty big sample size to draw arguments from.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #29
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,677
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

Probably hundreds
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #30
Smoke117
Barstool Blues
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,215
Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Has a rookie ever had this big of an impact?

What a joke of a thread. Know your history before you make a thread like this, OP.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy