Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default This is it! Playoff time! Denver Nuggets 1st Round.

Well they came and they saw, but they still have not yet conquered. That will be saved for the playoffs, which will begin Sunday for our Lakeshow who have shown considerable improvement from the start of the season.

The lakers will throw it down against Denver, a team who does not have a superstar player, but nonetheless will prove why they will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. After all, a championship team will defeat a team of champions.

Let us take a closer look at these matchups

Point guards: Ramon Sessions Vs. Ty Lawson

Expect Lawson to have a big series. He's a scorer. He can also pass. Lawson is more built, and probably faster. I would expect him to be able to handle Sessions on the offensive end, but for the lakers, all sessions needs to do is be an average point guard. To win this series, Sessions will need to keep his composure offensively and use his quickness and speed to his advantage. If he does this, it opens up plenty opportunities for the other four guys on the court, as well as himself.

Shooting guards: Kobe Bryant Vs. Aaron Afflalo

lol I'll try to compare here without laughing so much. Aaron, above average scorer, above average defender. Kobe, one of the best scorers in history, one of the best help defenders, above average perimeter defender.
It's clear who will win this matchup. Kobe needs to remember that he can't leave his guys wide open, because Afflalo will take advantage of his minimal opportunities if Kobe dares him.
Otherwise, Lakers have this advantage.

Small forwards: Devin Ebanks Vs. Gallinari

I know what you're thinking. Clearly a Denver advantage. I couldn't disagree. Gallinari does everything. He averages 15 points, he can grab boards, pass well, steal, block. He's a very good small forward with a tremendous upside. You definitely can't ignore this guy. Here's the funny thing, I don't think Ebanks plans on ignoring him.

Ebanks showed how useful he can be when he forced Durant into an 11-34 shooting game last week, a contribution which was crucial to winning that game. Another positive is that Ebanks hadn't played much this season, meaning he will come in with energy, and with excitement that Denver might not be prepared for. Not much video out on the guy lol. The elements of surprise can potentially make this a quick series.

Power forwards: Pau Gasol Vs. Kenneth Faried

Before you pass judgement on Faried, he shoots nearly 60%, and is a very energetic player, averaging around 10/7. So how should Pau play this guy? I would say with Faried averaging 2.5 fouls per game, Gasol needs to get the ball in the post and go at him strong. Faried is always in foul trouble from what I can tell by watching some games in the past. If Gasol can be a solid 15/10 PF this round, we will be just okay so long as the other big next to him is dominating. Speaking of which....

Centers: Andrew Bynum Vs. Kosta Koufos

Its safe to say that when Bynum is healthy, he can look like Hakeem Olojuwan. He's registered plenty of 30 point games this season, grabbed his career high 30 points beating a San Antonio team IN San Antonio, and without Kobe. All indications point towards Bynum finally having his breakout season. So why should Bynum worry about Koufos you might ask? I'll tell you why, Koufos is 7'0" and 265. Probably one of the biggest centers in the league. Bynum cannot underestimate a guy nearly as big as he is, and who shoots 60% from the field. As long as Bynum plays like a superstar as he was throughout post ASB, I don't see why Bynum shouldn't be cruising this series. Lets hope he doesn't get hurt either

Lets go lakers! Playoffs only come once a year, for only 16 teams anyways.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is it! Playoff time! Denver Nuggets 1st Round.

Sunday is here! This is going to be really fun.

Feel free to use this entire series as a first round thread. We will not be needing game casts since we will see the nuggets frequently.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Several hours to go. Cant focus on my attention on anything else. We better kick some ass tonight.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just bet 30$ for Lakers to lead at the half by 3. I am really hyphy
Old 04-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Play the old inside-out and the Lakers will win 4-2.
2 wins for Denver because we all know our Lakers... ;)
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Let's go Lakers....I hope Ebanks have a Great game...He has the first two point for us...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Exclamation Re: This is it! Playoff time! Denver Nuggets 1st Round.

Wow!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
fiddy
HC4L

Great win! Now lets see some consistency.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Man just want to give shout out to Ebanks for being ready when called on MWP who .. I just hope the TEAM continue playing together like this.

GREAT team win..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn how good was Drew?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Man just want to give shout out to Ebanks for being ready when called on MWP who .. I just hope the TEAM continue playing together like this.

GREAT team win..

Yeah hes a very smart player, and his mid range jumper is killer. I love his game. My only negative is that Gallinari, a man bigger, kept blowing past him. But its okay it was a very good game.

Jordan Hill played well also. I like his game.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1

GREAT team win..

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah hes a very smart player, and his mid range jumper is killer. I love his game. My only negative is that Gallinari, a man bigger, kept blowing past him. But its okay it was a very good game.

Jordan Hill played well also. I like his game.

Gallinari is pretty good at getting in the lane. Plus, with his range, you have to get up on him more, this allows him to blow by guys at times.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Gallinari is pretty good at getting in the lane. Plus, with his range, you have to get up on him more, this allows him to blow by guys at times.

I just didn't think he'd had it in him. He seems too tall to be that quick and fast.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone else notice that the Lakers seem to be under the radar so far into the playoffs?? People on espn/tnt talk mainly about the Heat, Spurs and OKC then later throw Lakers in there somewhere. Sometimes, they don't even mention the Lakers..

First time that the Lakers have been under the radar since 4 years ago??

I honestly think the Lakers have ALL of the ingredients AND experience to win it all. Only team even close in experience is the Spurs.. Heat/OKC/no other team is close when it comes to experience. The thing with the Spurs is their big 3 is significantly older than our big 3 (Bynum 24!!).. Then Kobe at the very end of his prime but he is still in his prime. Nobody in the league has anybody to match the Lakers twin towers directly.. except maybe Memphis Grizzlies

Is there something the Lakers lack that is significant? We don't even have a defensive hole in Fisher anymore.. upgraded our worst position, steve blake lighting it up off the bench. Jordan Hill just rebounding juggernaut.. I didn't even mention Ron Artest and his defensive prowess returning. Barnes great energy guy off the bench. on and on
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: