Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is it! Playoff time! Denver Nuggets 1st Round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Anyone else notice that the Lakers seem to be under the radar so far into the playoffs?? People on espn/tnt talk mainly about the Heat, Spurs and OKC then later throw Lakers in there somewhere. Sometimes, they don't even mention the Lakers..

First time that the Lakers have been under the radar since 4 years ago??

I honestly think the Lakers have ALL of the ingredients AND experience to win it all. Only team even close in experience is the Spurs.. Heat/OKC/no other team is close when it comes to experience. The thing with the Spurs is their big 3 is significantly older than our big 3 (Bynum 24!!).. Then Kobe at the very end of his prime but he is still in his prime. Nobody in the league has anybody to match the Lakers twin towers directly.. except maybe Memphis Grizzlies

Is there something the Lakers lack that is significant? We don't even have a defensive hole in Fisher anymore.. upgraded our worst position, steve blake lighting it up off the bench. Jordan Hill just rebounding juggernaut.. I didn't even mention Ron Artest and his defensive prowess returning. Barnes great energy guy off the bench. on and on

Kobe shot great in the 2nd game but he lacks the explosiveness now to drive hard and manufacture pts via the FT line incase his perimeter shots are not falling. Im still not convinced that Mike Brown is a horrible coach but I am concerned with his game time adjustments. I like Blake but he only had ONE great shooting game. Last one he layed an egg and had 3 crucial turnovers same with Barnes who has no middle game, either he lays it up or take a low % 3pt shot. I love Pau but DK is correct in terms of him not penetrating enough and get high % shots or get to the line more.
As for other teams. I still pick OKC, bec of their athletism/speed and length and toughness inside, for the West. I just don't see Bynum, KObe dominating this team if they meet.
Spurs is shooting great, Pops is their no. 1 weapon tho.
As much as I hate it, I expect the Heat to win it all. Their defense is superb and their great talent should be able to get them through on offense.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am pissed off watching this game. What the HELL is going on here?? After the first two games, I am just angry how this game makes the first two games look almost irrelevant. So annoying to watch this crap. Everytime I feel like we are making a comeback, it goes back to a 10pt game.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I am pissed off watching this game. What the HELL is going on here?? After the first two games, I am just angry how this game makes the first two games look almost irrelevant. So annoying to watch this crap. Everytime I feel like we are making a comeback, it goes back to a 10pt game.

Well they definitely bounced back game 4. Lakers have always been a resilient team. They sure know how to adjust when they lose a game.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #19
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

alright, here we go....

this will be the first elimination game of the playoffs for the Lakers. Lets see where their heads are at. In the reg season (past few years), Lakers were in very much "chill out" mode, but historically, the Lakers take care of business when they have the chance to close out a team in the playoffs.

jeez has Jordan Hill changed the series, he has been the deciding factor. It still irks that with Blake and Ramon in the game together against Ty and Dre, they don't put one of them on the 3 and let a bigger guy guard Miller, he is killing it in the post on both of them!!!! Denver typically has Brewer or Afflalo in there with them to check Kobe, and neither are killer in the post like Miller. Now if its Gallo, I get it. But not the other guys
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
alright, here we go....

this will be the first elimination game of the playoffs for the Lakers. Lets see where their heads are at. In the reg season (past few years), Lakers were in very much "chill out" mode, but historically, the Lakers take care of business when they have the chance to close out a team in the playoffs.

jeez has Jordan Hill changed the series, he has been the deciding factor. It still irks that with Blake and Ramon in the game together against Ty and Dre, they don't put one of them on the 3 and let a bigger guy guard Miller, he is killing it in the post on both of them!!!! Denver typically has Brewer or Afflalo in there with them to check Kobe, and neither are killer in the post like Miller. Now if its Gallo, I get it. But not the other guys

I'm hoping that JHills rebounding inspires Pau to do a much better job rebounding.
Yeah, it's common sense that a bigger guy should be guarding Andre Miller.......Mike B
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Lakers gonna close this one out tonight, Andrew said as long as we play hard in close out games, the other team will roll over. Think they should actually tank this one so they could get Metta back for game 1 against OKC?
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Lakers gonna close this one out tonight, Andrew said as long as we play hard in close out games, the other team will roll over. Think they should actually tank this one so they could get Metta back for game 1 against OKC?

you never, EVER, tank games unless you are fighting for the lottery (even then you better not admit it, people pay good money to go to games). Its just too much of a slippery slope. Guys tend to get hurt moreso when dogging it rather than not. It would be a kick in the gonads if something like that happened. And you can form bad habits, and then you are banking on the fact that the Nuggets don't go wild from 3 for a couple games, which can happen. I really hate that argument.

You take the punishment given to Metta, and roll out the guys who are eligible to play. Wanna be a champ? Play who's in front of you with the guys you got. Lets not be Doc Rivers and say "well.... we didn't have so and so" ya know? Only pansies think like that, roll the ball out, and the best team take it
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Anyone else notice that the Lakers seem to be under the radar so far into the playoffs?? People on espn/tnt talk mainly about the Heat, Spurs and OKC then later throw Lakers in there somewhere. Sometimes, they don't even mention the Lakers..

First time that the Lakers have been under the radar since 4 years ago??

I honestly think the Lakers have ALL of the ingredients AND experience to win it all. Only team even close in experience is the Spurs.. Heat/OKC/no other team is close when it comes to experience. The thing with the Spurs is their big 3 is significantly older than our big 3 (Bynum 24!!).. Then Kobe at the very end of his prime but he is still in his prime. Nobody in the league has anybody to match the Lakers twin towers directly.. except maybe Memphis Grizzlies

Is there something the Lakers lack that is significant? We don't even have a defensive hole in Fisher anymore.. upgraded our worst position, steve blake lighting it up off the bench. Jordan Hill just rebounding juggernaut.. I didn't even mention Ron Artest and his defensive prowess returning. Barnes great energy guy off the bench. on and on
I have yet to see any Hype for this year's Lakers, and they will likely be underdogs against both SA and OKC. But I like this scenario.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #24
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
you never, EVER, tank games unless you are fighting for the lottery (even then you better not admit it, people pay good money to go to games). Its just too much of a slippery slope. Guys tend to get hurt moreso when dogging it rather than not. It would be a kick in the gonads if something like that happened. And you can form bad habits, and then you are banking on the fact that the Nuggets don't go wild from 3 for a couple games, which can happen. I really hate that argument.

You take the punishment given to Metta, and roll out the guys who are eligible to play. Wanna be a champ? Play who's in front of you with the guys you got. Lets not be Doc Rivers and say "well.... we didn't have so and so" ya know? Only pansies think like that, roll the ball out, and the best team take it
Totally agree. Tanking a playoff game is just risky. You don't want to give the Nugs any momentum at all. I believe the Lakers will close it out tonight.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well there's a game tonight. Hopefully we can win a second road game.

If lakers win tonight in Denver, I will feel like they are still capable of advancing pretty far. If not tonight, and it goes to game 7, then I don't think this team would be ready.

Although an argument to counter my point, would be the celtics title run a few years back. Every team forced them to a game 7, until they reached the finals and beat us in 6 games. So I am hoping that this losing 2 days ago wasn't an indication that they aren't ready. We shall see though.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

this game is coming down to one matchup, and its the backup bigs, I know, it sounds stupid but that has been the way of the whole series.

If McGee gets a double double, LA is taking an L
If JHill gets a double double, LA closes out the series

If neither or both get a double double, I have no damn idea
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #27
DKLaker

Anybody seen Pau Gasol??? The guy we are paying 19 million, 7th highest contract in the league??? It's game 6 and he has 2 points and 2 rebounds, no assists in 17 minutes.....WTF!!!! His numbers are already wose than last years playoff fold......he'll have to really pick it up just to get to his current 12/8 average.....pathetic!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a joke. Pathetic performance by the Lakers (except Kobe). Nobody else showed up; what kind of a game is this? They should be ashamed of themselves right now. I don't even know what to say anymore as a Laker fan after this showing (or lack thereof). I am so disappointed and angry about this game right now..

What are the keys to winning a game 7?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #29
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Anybody seen Pau Gasol??? The guy we are paying 19 million, 7th highest contract in the league??? It's game 6 and he has 2 points and 2 rebounds, no assists in 17 minutes.....WTF!!!! His numbers are already wose than last years playoff fold......he'll have to really pick it up just to get to his current 12/8 average.....pathetic!!!!!

Pau = 29 minutes: 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist. Is it 2011 all over again???
Is it too early to say bye bye Pau and Mike Brown for next season???

Bynum played like crap and still got 11/16/3

Out before the usual excuse makers log on.....lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #30
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Pau = 29 minutes: 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist. Is it 2011 all over again???
Is it too early to say bye bye Pau and Mike Brown for next season???

Bynum played like crap and still got 11/16/3

Out before the usual excuse makers log on.....lol.

I think the Lakers have to seriously look at trading Pau & Bynum for Howard.... I was hesitant before but our front line has been terrible in the losses.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: