Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #31
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: This is it! Playoff time! Denver Nuggets 1st Round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think the Lakers have to seriously look at trading Pau & Bynum for Howard.... I was hesitant before but our front line has been terrible in the losses.

With the brain farts from Bynum late in the season, is Orlando even going to consider trading for him, that's more of an issue imho.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #32
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
I think the Lakers have to seriously look at trading Pau & Bynum for Howard.... I was hesitant before but our front line has been terrible in the losses.

It's a helluva lot more tempting right now isn't it.
Right now Jordan Hill is playing much better than Pau.
If Pau starts off playing pu$$y basketball again next game, MB better pull him out quick. He's playing like he has an early vacation planned with non-refundable tickets.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #33
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
It's a helluva lot more tempting right now isn't it.
Right now Jordan Hill is playing much better than Pau.
If Pau starts off playing pu$$y basketball again next game, MB better pull him out quick. He's playing like he has an early vacation planned with non-refundable tickets.

MB is the 1 who needs early vacation. Even if they get game 7 ...they will be swept by OKC....

MB has made ZERO adjustments in this series....till today...when Kobe was guarding Miller

Miller killed the lakers in all the games cause blake was guarding him and he kept blake on him for 5 games....lol

he should have put ebanks...cause ebanks atleast has length on miller and little bit quicker....offensively both are same ebanks=blake...maybe edge to ebanks
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #34
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Pau was guaranteed to be gone after next season, at the latest. The new lux and repeater taxes are so expensive that even LA needs to watch its spending. His contract is the biggest and longest one we have left besides Kobe's. Bynum's yet-to-be-done new contract might eclipse his, but since his agent is David "I negotiate exclusively through the media yet I somehow still have a job" Lee, there's no guarantee he'll be back either.

I'm torn on both Pau and Bynum, just because I like those two so much. If you ever see Pau give an interview, or if you follow his Twitter, you'll immediately see how genuine, gracious, and intelligent he is. But these past two playoffs? Psshh. I knew there were personal issues that affected his play last year, but the past two games in these playoffs have been inexcusable. I love how skilled and unselfish he is (to Brown's credit, Pau and Bynum have meshed really well on occasion), and he's a perfect accompaniment to Kobe in many ways, but his days as a Laker are numbered.

I also like Bynum, even though he's arguably torpedoing this year's team. I appreciate earnestness. I've always hated Kobe's fake, affected, overly-scripted media persona; he's gotten a lot better in the past few years, but even his new gruff, frank demeanor is largely a calculated visage that just happens to be on the opposite end of the clean-cut/bad-boy spectrum. Bynum, on the other hand, is completely unfiltered. He says literally whatever he happens to be thinking at that moment. And it is hilarious. And his upside as a player? Shhhoooot. Dat frame. Dat 9'6'' standing reach. Dat powaaa. Too bad he'll never reach his ceiling.

Honestly, things'll get ugly before they get good again. I kinda wanted it to get REALLY ugly, just so we could jumpstart the rebuilding process. There was a part of me that wanted Kobe to sit out all year, trade Pau for expiring contracts and picks, have Brown play Ebanks, Glock and Morris extensively, and tank enough to get Anthony Davis in the draft. That was never going to happen, of course, but I'd rather have one horrific season than five to fifteen years of mediocrity. Eh, what do I know.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #35
DKLaker

Pau averaged 16.6 points and 11 rebounds vs. Denver in the regular season
There is no fking excuse for 3 & 3 last night, win or lose Gasol will be traded guaranteed. The Houston deal we turned down is still burning in my head as it has been all year.
All the talent in the world is useless if you don't have the desire to use it.

Colin Cowherd said it this morning.....all the talk about Pau being soft comes from somewhere.....it comes from fact.

Tamaraw08 will reply in.......3........2.......1......
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
MB is the 1 who needs early vacation. Even if they get game 7 ...they will be swept by OKC....

MB has made ZERO adjustments in this series....till today...when Kobe was guarding Miller

Miller killed the lakers in all the games cause blake was guarding him and he kept blake on him for 5 games....lol

he should have put ebanks...cause ebanks atleast has length on miller and little bit quicker....offensively both are same ebanks=blake...maybe edge to ebanks

LMAO at Mike fking dumbass Brown in an interview talking about their failure to execute his defensive plan......maybe if he put the right players on the floor....you know made adjustments like a real coach would do, then we would win. Brown follows up by saying duh......and we couldn't score either. Maybe if the moron understood anything about offense we would have no trouble scoring.....he didn't say they failed to execute his offensive game plan.....because he doesn't have one. It's amazing how he BSsed his way into the Lakers job.....for anyone to say he shouldn't be fired is just plain dumb, if he wants to practice learning how to coach he can go to the Bobcats.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LMAO at Mike fking dumbass Brown in an interview talking about their failure to execute his defensive plan......maybe if he put the right players on the floor....you know made adjustments like a real coach would do, then we would win. Brown follows up by saying duh......and we couldn't score either. Maybe if the moron understood anything about offense we would have no trouble scoring.....he didn't say they failed to execute his offensive game plan.....because he doesn't have one. It's amazing how he BSsed his way into the Lakers job.....for anyone to say he shouldn't be fired is just plain dumb, if he wants to practice learning how to coach he can go to the Bobcats.

This is a failure of players playing aggressively and with a passion.

Besides, I wouldn't rule them out at all. We still have one more game at home. Hopefully by then we have a healthier Kobe, and a Bynum who can step on everyone. Not let everyone else step on him.

Series isn't over. Support your team.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #38
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Pau was guaranteed to be gone after next season, at the latest. The new lux and repeater taxes are so expensive that even LA needs to watch its spending. His contract is the biggest and longest one we have left besides Kobe's. Bynum's yet-to-be-done new contract might eclipse his, but since his agent is David "I negotiate exclusively through the media yet I somehow still have a job" Lee, there's no guarantee he'll be back either.

I'm torn on both Pau and Bynum, just because I like those two so much. If you ever see Pau give an interview, or if you follow his Twitter, you'll immediately see how genuine, gracious, and intelligent he is. But these past two playoffs? Psshh. I knew there were personal issues that affected his play last year, but the past two games in these playoffs have been inexcusable. I love how skilled and unselfish he is (to Brown's credit, Pau and Bynum have meshed really well on occasion), and he's a perfect accompaniment to Kobe in many ways, but his days as a Laker are numbered.

I also like Bynum, even though he's arguably torpedoing this year's team. I appreciate earnestness. I've always hated Kobe's fake, affected, overly-scripted media persona; he's gotten a lot better in the past few years, but even his new gruff, frank demeanor is largely a calculated visage that just happens to be on the opposite end of the clean-cut/bad-boy spectrum. Bynum, on the other hand, is completely unfiltered. He says literally whatever he happens to be thinking at that moment. And it is hilarious. And his upside as a player? Shhhoooot. Dat frame. Dat 9'6'' standing reach. Dat powaaa. Too bad he'll never reach his ceiling.

Honestly, things'll get ugly before they get good again. I kinda wanted it to get REALLY ugly, just so we could jumpstart the rebuilding process. There was a part of me that wanted Kobe to sit out all year, trade Pau for expiring contracts and picks, have Brown play Ebanks, Glock and Morris extensively, and tank enough to get Anthony Davis in the draft. That was never going to happen, of course, but I'd rather have one horrific season than five to fifteen years of mediocrity. Eh, what do I know.

I really did feel the same way about Pau & Bynum too. And I totally agree, Pau has been a class act. He's a genuine good guy. Unfortunately, he seems to fit the mold of most European players..... I hate to stereotype, but sometimes they're there for a reason. He's let us down two playoffs in a row. The funniest thing I heard today was Kobe had more iv bags (4) than Pau had rebounds (3), lol. It's completely unacceptable what we've seen of him. The problem with trading him now is his stock is at it's lowest too. He definitely needs a change of scenery though.

This is Bynum's 7th year in the league isn't it? I think we now know what we're going to get from him at this point. He definitely is the 2nd best center in the game, but he's struggled as the #2 option on the Lakers. Sometimes he's a beast and sometimes he gets wooped by guys like McGee. There's no way he's going to eventually be able to carry this team on his shoulders. He just doesn't have that mentality. I was happy to see him with a chip on his shoulder at times. That showed his competitiveness. I was hoping a little of Kobe had finally rubbed off on him. But to completely give up and check out in the middle of a playoff series shows how selfish he is. Kobe did it once, and it was for one game, but Kobe would never do it for a series. I want a guy who is going to bring it every night. Howard would definitely do that. Now we have to hope the Magic would consider the trade again.... who knows if they even would want Bynum anymore.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #39
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Besides, I wouldn't rule them out at all. We still have one more game at home. Hopefully by then we have a healthier Kobe, and a Bynum who can step on everyone. Not let everyone else step on him.

Why do you think the guys lost their aggessiveness and passion all of the sudden?

I think everybody is supporting the team and wants them to win. That lack of will to win really resonates among the fan base though. It's absolutely disgusting to watch.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #40
DKLaker

Quote:

I've been supporting my team since 1960, i'm not stopping ever.......but that doesn't mean i'm a blind homer.

The big problem is the coach, he has to make adjustments, put the right lineup on the floor and have a clue on offense and defense. Brown very clearly fails to grasp any of this. Seriously, a good coach would make it virtually impossible for Pau to do this badly this year.....2 big men working on opposite sides of the post, working off each other would just destroy anyone trying to double team them, add to that pick and roll ball....it should be way too easy.......and cutters. Geez....give the guys we have and I would send Denver home in tears.......seriously, we had no business losing even 1 game to that team.
Mike Brown is like a dictator with a supply of missiles, he wants to fire them but has no guidance system, no gyroscope and no idea how much fuel is in them, he's more danger to himself than to anyone else.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why do you think the guys lost their aggessiveness and passion all of the sudden?

I think everybody is supporting the team and wants them to win. That lack of will to win really resonates among the fan base though. It's absolutely disgusting to watch.

Bynum has seemed to have a problem playing in Denver. Kobe is playing sick. When they come home, look for Bynum to have a better game, and for Kobe to be feeling better.

When your stars play well, your role players can stick to their roles. We shall see what happens.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #42
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I've been supporting my team since 1960, i'm not stopping ever.......but that doesn't mean i'm a blind homer.

The big problem is the coach, he has to make adjustments, put the right lineup on the floor and have a clue on offense and defense. Brown very clearly fails to grasp any of this. Seriously, a good coach would make it virtually impossible for Pau to do this badly this year.....2 big men working on opposite sides of the post, working off each other would just destroy anyone trying to double team them, add to that pick and roll ball....it should be way too easy.......and cutters. Geez....give the guys we have and I would send Denver home in tears.......seriously, we had no business losing even 1 game to that team.
Mike Brown is like a dictator with a supply of missiles, he wants to fire them but has no guidance system, no gyroscope and no idea how much fuel is in them, he's more danger to himself than to anyone else.

Lets see how he adjusts in game 7. Now, God forbid, if we did lose game 7, does that mean we should immediately crucify Brown? I sure as heck won't.

Having a season this year was disastrous to say the least. Next year with a significantly longer training camp, and hopefully some better bench guys, hopefully there can be an improvement chemistry wise. As far as the coaching goes, we can judge that if there are problems next year.

And I promise you, if there would be significant problems next season, then I can step back and say "hey, this coach has been here quite a bit now with no improvement. Maybe they should consider another alternative".

For now, Im rooting for the team, and Im hoping Brown, and our garbage role players can help pick up some slack.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #43
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Bynum has seemed to have a problem playing in Denver. Kobe is playing sick. When they come home, look for Bynum to have a better game, and for Kobe to be feeling better.

When your stars play well, your role players can stick to their roles. We shall see what happens.

Kobe was sick last night, and I don't mean it in the literal sense lol. He's the only one that brought it. I don't blame any of that loss on him. I think there's more to Bynum than just playing in Denver.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
DKLaker

Quote:
Lets see how he adjusts in game 7. Now, God forbid, if we did lose game 7, does that mean we should immediately crucify Brown? I sure as heck won't.

Having a season this year was disastrous to say the least. Next year with a significantly longer training camp, and hopefully some better bench guys, hopefully there can be an improvement chemistry wise. As far as the coaching goes, we can judge that if there are problems next year.

And I promise you, if there would be significant problems next season, then I can step back and say "hey, this coach has been here quite a bit now with no improvement. Maybe they should consider another alternative".

For now, Im rooting for the team, and Im hoping Brown, and our garbage role players can help pick up some slack.

Dude.....crucify? I started the Luau of Brown months ago, grab a plate, it smells like he's almost done

Do you really need to be slapped across the head by the same useless crap next year before you figure out the guy flat out can't coach???
This is not tryouts for a high school coaching position......this is the Los Angeles Lakers......we don't waste 2 years on a guy who is this incompetent.......he needs to go coach the Bobcats and we'll call him if he ever learns anything. why waste the last years of Kobe's greatness on that bozo. Do you think players are going to want to play for him?, hell, the guys we got right now don't want to play for him.
It's time for amateur hour to end!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of Rambis's failure as Lakers head coach, he was god awful and didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. The players had to constantly tell him the basics of what to do. Rodman finally blew up at him and at Buss for wasting the team's time on such an inexperienced guy.
The great thing about the Lakers getting swept was that if not for that, Phil Jackson wouldn't have been hired.....if we had been competitive or won that series then they would've stuck with Rambis. I'm not saying I want us to lose.....but if we did it would force their hand.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #45
dd24
College superstar

Lakerfreak, is there anything that you've ever been upset with about the team? I'm just not sure if I've ever seen you not be pleased with every move the Lakers make. Every move isn't a good one that we should support. Look at it like this, when Joe D went out and signed Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva a few years back I was furious with that move. Now that we've sat back and saw the experiment for a few seasons I think it's safe to say that was a disaster for the Pistons. I think even Lakers fans can understand that was a waste of money, even when it happened. But if the Lakers went out and did the same thing, I think there would be people who would be ok with it and want to see how the whole thing would play out for a few seasons. It's totally not worth it. To me hiring Mike Brown is just like signing BG and CV. I've mentioned it before, but I really think they may have hired Brown just to fire him. He's basically an interim coach for a season or so. I'm not trying to get on you for rooting for Brown. I just don't understand how anybody could not be upset with what they've seen so far and I'm really having problems understanding how it is you appreciate his body of work as a coach in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: