Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default What will happen today?

They are playing the Bulls.

If you read the papers today it looks like Zeke is going to start Q at the 2 and use Crawford off the bench......gee what a great idea.

Haven't I and others been saying that?

Jefferies might go back to the bench and Lee start because Jefferies can't score even in the paint. He has been working on his low post moves with the coaches. Gee.....

Didn't some of the posters like myself mention that?

Again Zeke got caught with his pants down playing contracts and not players.

But I give him credit, he's smart enough to know when he errors and change it.

He has a vision and it's usually a poor one.

The bottom line is when they double on Curry, Frye can hit the short jumper and score in the low post. He also helps on D. When they shut down Curry, Curry he has to step it up and not worry about fouls, take care of the paint both offensively and defensively with rebounding, boxing out and other fundamentals like passing.

If Lee is in there they have instant rebounding and a low post scoring presence. That will take pressure off Curry and let Frye work a little farther out were he excels.

Q is bigger and stronger than most SG's and can bully them. He also has a great low post game, rebounds and shoots jumpers and three's. Very little weakness in his game.

This allows Marbury to be Starbury but with his new understanding of the role and what is expected of him. It makes his job easier.....

That lineup is BIG and strong, 6-2, 6-6, 6-9, 6-11, 6-11, they might have some matchup problems but that's why we have Jefferies and Crawford. Crawford for offense and Jefferies for defense. Crawford can play the point and the 2, Jefferies the 3,4,5. Why is Balkman on the bench?

Lee, Frye and Q can swing, giving us more flexibility.

I just don't think Zeke gets it yet. Part of the problem has been injuries, but why is he not using Cato? He can play the 4 and 5 and has played well when in there.

I'll say it again.

Marbury
Q Rich
Lee
Frye
Curry

Second team:
Nate
Crawford 1st choice off bench for sg & pg
Balkman
Jefferies 1st choice for SF & PF
Cato

Rose and Collins
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I agree entirely with what you say. Can you go and coach the Knicks for the rest of the season?

Anyway, I expect a close game with all the rest that the Knicks got in the past couple of days off. If they start that line up they should surely open a noticeable lead. The only thing is the timeliness of the Zekes substitutions. You take out Lee or Frye at the wrong time I've seen the offense and rebounding crumble.

The X factor against the Knicks is Ben Gordon. The man is a PURE scorer. He can break you off the dribble, shoot the three and whatever else he pleases. You need a solid defender on him. None of that Nate is a quick defender crap. Either Starbury, Collins or Q. I can't see that Jefferies can defend any position crap happening with Ben Gordon. No way.

If the substitutions are smart and timely, and if it's not one of those games that Zeke just feels the NEED to give everyone on the bench playing time I see a healthy win this afternoon. Do the contrary and I see Ben Wallace, Deng and Gordon destroying the Knicks with at least a decent sized win.

Hoping for the best. Go Knicks!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
They are playing the Bulls.

If you read the papers today it looks like Zeke is going to start Q at the 2 and use Crawford off the bench......gee what a great idea.

Haven't I and others been saying that?

Jefferies might go back to the bench and Lee start because Jefferies can't score even in the paint. He has been working on his low post moves with the coaches. Gee.....

Didn't some of the posters like myself mention that?

Again Zeke got caught with his pants down playing contracts and not players.

But I give him credit, he's smart enough to know when he errors and change it.

He has a vision and it's usually a poor one.

The bottom line is when they double on Curry, Frye can hit the short jumper and score in the low post. He also helps on D. When they shut down Curry, Curry he has to step it up and not worry about fouls, take care of the paint both offensively and defensively with rebounding, boxing out and other fundamentals like passing.

If Lee is in there they have instant rebounding and a low post scoring presence. That will take pressure off Curry and let Frye work a little farther out were he excels.

Q is bigger and stronger than most SG's and can bully them. He also has a great low post game, rebounds and shoots jumpers and three's. Very little weakness in his game.

This allows Marbury to be Starbury but with his new understanding of the role and what is expected of him. It makes his job easier.....

That lineup is BIG and strong, 6-2, 6-6, 6-9, 6-11, 6-11, they might have some matchup problems but that's why we have Jefferies and Crawford. Crawford for offense and Jefferies for defense. Crawford can play the point and the 2, Jefferies the 3,4,5. Why is Balkman on the bench?

Lee, Frye and Q can swing, giving us more flexibility.

I just don't think Zeke gets it yet. Part of the problem has been injuries, but why is he not using Cato? He can play the 4 and 5 and has played well when in there.

I'll say it again.

Marbury
Q Rich
Lee
Frye
Curry

Second team:
Nate
Crawford 1st choice off bench for sg & pg
Balkman
Jefferies 1st choice for SF & PF
Cato

Rose and Collins

Agree 100%
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Jefferies started. We have lost the game. Sloppy start. Looks ridiculous with the head band. Maybe the sweat in his eyes didn't let him play that well. What a clown.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

NyCNaTe4NyK has an OK reputation so far

Well itz the end of the first half. Finally Frye hits a 3-pointer which he tried so hard to do at the begining of the season and i would always yell at my tv screen "NOOO." (Hopefully he doesnt get cocky and think he can shoot 3z now.) (jeffries needz just 2 stop shooting 3z.)
So far there were some good things i seen and bad plays. i saw good defense, which i noticed from Jeffries and Balkman. im startin 2 like them both. only for there defense tho. Q isn't shooting so well so far and neither is Crawford. Qz passing is horrible right now. hopefully he takes it too the hoop and shoot mid-range to get his confidence and/or swagger back from the 3 point line.
Curry lookz like he is going to have another double-double. Did you see that alley-oop from crawford. very nice play.
Lee is doing pretty well also. i like him hez a good fill-in. he also lookz like the type of player who can adjust to any chemistry on a team. he'll have a double-double as well.
Frye is doing pretty well also. his shooting is so much betta than last yearz.
PLAY NATE....HEZ THE HYPE-MAN!!..hopefulli they win this gamee "Takee mee home now"
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

NyCNaTe4NyK has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Jefferies started. We have lost the game. Sloppy start. Looks ridiculous with the head band. Maybe the sweat in his eyes didn't let him play that well. What a clown.

your a real fan aren't you. "we have lost the game." but he does look pretty stupid with that big headband and his haircut. he should atlease brush his hair.
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
You have no faith, do you?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Actually they played Sacramento. My bad.....excuse me I hate that saying, my mistake.

We should beat them easily but they played hard.

Lee did a good job on Artest and like I have said he can play the 3.

Frye did exactly what he does and is getting better.

I was very happy with Curry and Marbury did his thing like a knife in their heart.

Why is Jefferies shooting threes?

I wish Zeke would realize Jefferies is a backup, period. He has no offense and when Curry gets the ball they leave Jefferies alone because they know he can't score. At least Lee knows his own game and can shoot the jumper, he just doesn't have the confidence yet.

The best team out there is with Mar, Q, Lee, Frye, Curry.

Crawford played better. But made some bone head moves as usual. But you can live with it as a bench player.

A good win against a lesser opponent that played hard.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I like the team don' get me wrong but with Jefferies playing as many minutes as he did before this last win I truly believe we will lose a lot of games. With Lee and Balkman playing as many minutes as they did in today's win they are sure to produce alot more than that ball hog no outside shooter Jefferies. Yeah, I'm a real fan. I can say what I want about the outcome of the game too. I'm glad the rotation stayed tight. Jefferies should NEVER start a game. He's only good for turning over the ball. We don't need that.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:29 AM   #10
ap215
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ap215 has an OK reputation so far

Good win by the Knicks over the Kings.
ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #11
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

You have to beat teams like that.

It was a good win.

I laughed when I read that it was Jefferies that shut down Artest. Maybe I was watching another game, I thought it was Lee.

Lee at the three.
Q at the two.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You have to beat teams like that.

It was a good win.

I laughed when I read that it was Jefferies that shut down Artest. Maybe I was watching another game, I thought it was Lee.

Lee at the three.
Q at the two.

I thought it was Lee too, good catch
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Sometimes I wonder if the sports columnists even watch the games.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if the sports columnists even watch the games.

They read the recaps on espns boxscores or something.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Lee has to be a 3

About Artest...Lee gaurded him
Ive been sayin
Curry
Frye
Lee
Q
Marbury

Bench
Crawford
Nate
Balkman
Cato

Should be the rotation since the begining of the season and now Zeke are 2 moves from havin that line up...Soon Lee will take the 3 spot and Cato will stand out when we need him I PROMISE THAT.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: