Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #166
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,933
Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Why do you have arizona as a winner and cleveland as a loser? cuz of weeden? Feels like u penalised browns for drafting qb ... couldve blown that pick and money rushing into a bad trade for a backup.

Strictly talking about value. I'm a huge believer in not drafting a running back that high, and they did. I'm also a huge believer in not drafting a 29 year old rookie in the top 25 picks, which they did.

Arizona got a great compliment to Fitzgerald....and Flemming and Massie were really good values late in the draft, especially Massie.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #167
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,193
Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Strictly talking about value. I'm a huge believer in not drafting a running back that high, and they did. I'm also a huge believer in not drafting a 29 year old rookie in the top 25 picks, which they did.

Arizona got a great compliment to Fitzgerald....and Flemming and Massie were really good values late in the draft, especially Massie.
the rb too high stuff has been talked to death. we disagree. u dont believe value is there and downgraded the browns draft... no problem. picked out the cards from your best list cuz of kolb tho. zona spent their draft pick in a trade and got less than nothing out of it so far. u might not agree...i think u gotta hammer zona for trading that pick and more to get a 26 yr old backup if u sour on weeden. gap between those two drafts werent night and day for me. thanx for answering my question tho
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #168
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,028
ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
No major injuries and the 6th worst record in football????? More holes then you wanna admit huh?

Well our franchise LT was out for the last 4 games, same case for the 2nd leading receiver who most likely would have been the leading receiver if he played the final quarter of the season.

Laron Landry only played half the games last season and the year before, when he was healthy and playing was leading candidate to win DPOY...

U have to remember that the personnel issues that plagued the offense, except RT which I already addressed have been presumably fixed this offseason.

Rex Grossman--------Robert Griffin III

Adding Garcon and Morgan will now create a receiving corps of Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss

Brought in some mauler rookie guards

Tim Hightower is back from his torn ACL to share the bulk w second year RBs (who were damn productive in the second half of the season- Roy Helu Jr. and Evan Royster)
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #169
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
No major injuries and the 6th worst record in football????? More holes then you wanna admit huh?
Just let it go. As a DC-area transplant I've learned that discussing the 'Skins with their fans is pointless because they are irrationally optimistic about their chances/players.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #170
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey
 
GoRapz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,286
GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

What are your guys thoughts on David Wilson? Was he worth the 1st round pick by the Giants? My bad guys, I don't follow college football at all
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #171
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
What are your guys thoughts on David Wilson? Was he worth the 1st round pick by the Giants? My bad guys, I don't follow college football at all

He had a HUGE combine in helping his stock. He was already projected to be a 2nd rd pick. And given where NYG drafted in the 2nd rd chances he would still be around were very slim unless they made a trade up in the 2nd rd.

He was ranked as a top 3-4 RB in his class. He was well worth a first rd pick because he wouldnt have lasted the end of the 2nd rd for NYG. Great pick by NYG, he's explosive.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #172
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,028
ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Just let it go. As a DC-area transplant I've learned that discussing the 'Skins with their fans is pointless because they are irrationally optimistic about their chances/players.

Actually the last few years, collectively our fanbase has been fairly malaise and expect the worst. Our fanbase has real reasons to be excited but I stay realistic. Every big fan of their team will ikely elevate the talent level compared to the bystander because they are more informed on the players until seeing what the actual season brings. As said in another thread, I'm expecting 7-9, maybe 8-8. That's not irrational you stinky, roast beef, meat curtained t wat.

Nice homosexual/pedophile avatar
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #173
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Actually the last few years, collectively our fanbase has been fairly malaise and expect the worst. Our fanbase has real reasons to be excited but I stay realistic. Every big fan of their team will ikely elevate the talent level compared to the bystander because they are more informed on the players until seeing what the actual season brings. As said in another thread, I'm expecting 7-9, maybe 8-8. That's not irrational you stinky, roast beef, meat curtained t wat.

Nice homosexual/pedophile avatar
I turned off pics and avatars years ago. Forgot that was even there. Nice! Feeling nostalgic now.

7-9 is hands down the most realistic prediction I've heard from a 'Skins fan thus far so I'm not even going to complain about it. I disagree and think they will be 5-11 but I'm not going to fight over 2 games.



SN: You going to any Goodman League games this summer?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #174
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

That avatar is legendary.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #175
wagexslave
Messiahbolical
 
wagexslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,107
wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
the rb too high stuff has been talked to death. we disagree. u dont believe value is there and downgraded the browns draft... no problem. picked out the cards from your best list cuz of kolb tho. zona spent their draft pick in a trade and got less than nothing out of it so far. u might not agree...i think u gotta hammer zona for trading that pick and more to get a 26 yr old backup if u sour on weeden. gap between those two drafts werent night and day for me. thanx for answering my question tho
Yeah but you're ignoring the rest of AZ's draft, in which they got 2nd round value in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and filled multiple huge needs like a legit #2 WR that they've been missing terribly since Breaston left, as well as snagging multiple offensive linemen that have a lot of potential and could've easily been drafted much higher than they were(and O-line was possibly the biggest need coming into this draft, right up there with getting a #2 WR). They got value AND filled needs, what more can you want?

And they got arguably the best WR in the draft at 13 all because the sports TV channels claimed that Floyd had character issues and Blackmon didn't. Yet look at them now... Blackmon is the one out there getting DUIs and making a fool of himself before the season's even started, and Floyd is the one looking clean and working hard and not doing stupid crap. It seems like Fitz has already been a positive influence on him. His attitude at the Cardinals Fan Fest seemed really happy and classy/humbled and just ready to play, exited to be a difference maker for the team.

Sure the draft would've been even better if they had kept their 2nd rounder. But even WITHOUT the 2nd rounder they had a damn good draft. I hated the Kolb trade as much as anyone out there, trust me. We gave up way too much to get him. He's really a terrible QB as a starter, especially paying him that kind of contract. What happened happened though, and there's no point in dwelling on it.

But at the end of the day I still like what we got out of the draft, I was pleasantly surprised with the picks.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #176
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,193
Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
Yeah but you're ignoring the rest of AZ's draft, in which they got 2nd round value in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and filled multiple huge needs like a legit #2 WR that they've been missing terribly since Breaston left, as well as snagging multiple offensive linemen that have a lot of potential and could've easily been drafted much higher than they were(and O-line was possibly the biggest need coming into this draft, right up there with getting a #2 WR). They got value AND filled needs, what more can you want?

And they got arguably the best WR in the draft at 13 all because the sports TV channels claimed that Floyd had character issues and Blackmon didn't. Yet look at them now... Blackmon is the one out there getting DUIs and making a fool of himself before the season's even started, and Floyd is the one looking clean and working hard and not doing stupid crap. It seems like Fitz has already been a positive influence on him. His attitude at the Cardinals Fan Fest seemed really happy and classy/humbled and just ready to play, exited to be a difference maker for the team.

Sure the draft would've been even better if they had kept their 2nd rounder. But even WITHOUT the 2nd rounder they had a damn good draft. I hated the Kolb trade as much as anyone out there, trust me. We gave up way too much to get him. He's really a terrible QB as a starter, especially paying him that kind of contract. What happened happened though, and there's no point in dwelling on it.

But at the end of the day I still like what we got out of the draft, I was pleasantly surprised with the picks.

didnt know jack bout most of AZ draft players... woulda got called out on saying somethin stupid. just sayin people roastin browns for weeden gotta look at how kolb got to az. not pickin on cards dude was first name i thought of.... aye i like floyd too
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #177
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

I love when people declare winner/losers of something right now that won't be known for years down the road. Or, maybe it's just that my crystal ball is broke.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #178
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I love when people declare winner/losers of something right now that won't be known for years down the road. Or, maybe it's just that my crystal ball is broke.
When you jonesin' for football talk people get their fix how ever they can.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy