Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #61
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

I really like what I've seen of the RB the Giants drafted. Strong, fast, gets yards after contact.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #62
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I really like what I've seen of the RB the Giants drafted. Strong, fast, gets yards after contact.
he's a fumbler though. Coughlin is probably outside his house right now with a football.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #63
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
after 3rd round is pretty much "meh" terratory for me

that starts to become players that won't even make team rosters

90% of a draft grade should come from rounds 1-3 IMO

like 60% just the first round...that is where your draft is really decided

yeah you can find gems in late rounds sure, but it's pretty rare...look at any probowl roster, over half were drafted in the 1st round...then many rounds 2-3...maybe a few came from rounds 4+

We all know you've never been a GM and/or never will be
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

The Bucs stole the RB the Giants were really after. They traded right in front of them and stole Doug Martin.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #65
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
after 3rd round is pretty much "meh" terratory for me

that starts to become players that won't even make team rosters

90% of a draft grade should come from rounds 1-3 IMO

like 60% just the first round...that is where your draft is really decided

yeah you can find gems in late rounds sure, but it's pretty rare...look at any probowl roster, over half were drafted in the 1st round...then many rounds 2-3...maybe a few came from rounds 4+

This post could receive any of the following:

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #66
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why was it so shocking that I said the first rounds are more important than the later rounds?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #67
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard this tid bit today, in the last 18 years Orando Scandrick is the only player the Cowboys have gotten out of the 5th round that has ever started.

NONE from the 6th round I believe

Ratliff came from the 7th

hundreds, literally hundreds of players rounds 4+ don't make a roster

it's such a crap shoot that it shouldn't make up a significant portion of a draft grade IN MY OPINION

rounds 1-3 make up the "beef" of every draft...that should be obvious
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #68
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2410670

^^^ draft value chart that supposedly every team uses

a 1st round pick is like 20x the value of a 4th round pick

just moving up ONE SPOT cost the Browns 3 late rounders

it is silly to grade a team's draft based around 5th round picks...they are absolutely miniscule compared to rounds 1-3
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #69
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I heard this tid bit today, in the last 18 years Orando Scandrick is the only player the Cowboys have gotten out of the 5th round that has ever started.

NONE from the 6th round I believe

Ratliff came from the 7th

Or, that could just be because the Cowboys scouting department SUCKS.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #70
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Or, that could just be because the Cowboys scouting department SUCKS.
no, this is common with every team

look at the Buc's starters, I am sure only a very small handful came from rounds 4+

tell me how many of your starters came out of the 5th
Old 04-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #71
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Freeman - rd. 1
Davin Joseph - rd. 1
Vincent Jackson - rd. 2
Winslow, Kellen - rd. 1
BARBER, RONDE - rd. 3
Price, Brian - rd. 2
McCoy - rd. 1

etc
etc
etc
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #72
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Blount was undrafted
Grimm, Cody came out of the 7th (if he is a starter)

and Carl Nicks was a 5th round pick

the rest of your starters came from 1-3 I believe
Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #73
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Prime, you should really step away from the keyboard. You're making yourself look silly.

PLENTY of teams help build and shape their rosters with 4th-7th round draft picks. That's where you build depth and there have been plenty of Pro Bowlers/All Pros picked in every round. First rounders aren't a lock to be good let alone a Pro Bowler.

EARLY FIRST ROUND PICKS:
JaMarcus Russell
Charles Rogers
Dimitrius Underwood
Courtney Brown
Troy Williamson
Gaines Adams
Ryan Leaf
Ki-Jana Carter
Akili Smith
Kenneth Sims
and so on.....

LATE ROUND DRAFT PICKS
Tom Brady 6th
Marques Colston 7th
Justin Tuck 3rd
Jared Allen 4th
Elvis Dumervil 5th
Marc Bulger 6th
Matt Birk 6th
Al Harris 6th
Donald Driver 7th
TJ Houshmandzadeh 7th
and so on....
Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #74
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

dude, over 50% of the probowl roster is from the 1st round...probably 90% rounds 1-3

look it up and prove me wrong if you don't believe me

you had to go back to get players like Housh and freakin Al Harris just to find them...Bulger?...lol

how many are there today?...Brady, Allen, Dumerville???...it's a very small group
Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #75
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
no, this is common with every team

look at the Buc's starters, I am sure only a very small handful came from rounds 4+

tell me how many of your starters came out of the 5th
Packers had at least 5 or 6
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: