Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #76
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Winners & Losers of NFL Draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2410670

^^^ do you know why a 1st round pick is 20x more valueble than a 4th?...I am SURE that is because the odds of being a star/starter are the same...20x more likely to be a stud if you came from the 1st
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #77
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Packers had at least 5 or 6
5 or 6 of your starters came out of rounds 4+ ???
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #78
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Freeman - rd. 1
Davin Joseph - rd. 1
Vincent Jackson - rd. 2
Winslow, Kellen - rd. 1
BARBER, RONDE - rd. 3
Price, Brian - rd. 2
McCoy - rd. 1

etc
etc
etc

I'm not disagreeing that you build the base of your team in the 1-3 rounds, but to say the rest of the draft is practically worthless is stupid.

WR Mike Williams 4th
RB Blount undrafted
WR Sammie Stroughter 7th
WR Preston Parker undrafted
WR Dez Briscoe signed from another teams' PS, late round draft pick
CB EJ Biggers 7th
LB Adam Hayward 6th
CB Anthony Gaitor 7th
G Derek Hardman undrafted
C Jeremy Zuttah LATE 3rd
G/C Ted Larsen 6th
FB Erik Lorig 7th
CB Myron Lewis 4th
LB Dekoda Watson 7th
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #79
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
dude, over 50% of the probowl roster is from the 1st round...probably 90% rounds 1-3

look it up and prove me wrong if you don't believe me

you had to go back to get players like Housh and freakin Al Harris just to find them...Bulger?...lol

how many are there today?...Brady, Allen, Dumerville???...it's a very small group

I didn't HAVE to go back. I just listed ones on the top of my head that I could remember. I'm sure there are plenty others. I'm just not going to waste my time looking them all up, b/c even once you're proven wrong, you'll never admit it and you'll just keep believing what you believe.

Edit: And even though he sucked at the end of his career, Marc Bulger was a very good QB for several seasons. He beat out Kurt freakin' Warner.

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 04-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #80
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raheem Brock (altho Eagles cut him he started for Colts), Trent Cole, Todd Herremans, Omar Gaither, Jason Avant (not a starter but he is the Eagles slot WR), Brent Celek, Joe Mays, Moises Fokou, Jamar Chaney, Jason Kelce, Brian Rolle, Kurt Coleman.

List of some Eagles draft picks in rounds 4-7 that have started (bold) and/or are starters.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #81
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm not disagreeing that you build the base of your team in the 1-3 rounds, but to say the rest of the draft is practically worthless is stupid.
I never said they are worthless, NEVER

I said the odds of hitting are miniscule compared to rounds 1-3...

I said the bulk of a draft grade should come from rounds 1-3

how can any of us give grades on rounds so late they might not make the roster?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #82
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Raheem Brock (altho Eagles cut him he started for Colts), Trent Cole, Todd Herremans, Omar Gaither, Jason Avant (not a starter but he is the Eagles slot WR), Brent Celek, Joe Mays, Moises Fokou, Jamar Chaney, Jason Kelce, Brian Rolle, Kurt Coleman.

List of some Eagles draft picks in rounds 4-7 that have started (bold) and/or are starters.
okay, I assume that almost every team can do this...so can I with Dallas

Romo - undrafted
Miles - undrafted
Ratliff - 7th

the REST OF THEM came from rounds 1-3 though...
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #83
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

That's why I said "practically." I know you didn't say it was worthless, but based on everything else you've said, that's what the gist of your argument is.

You said

Quote:
after 3rd round is pretty much "meh" terratory for me

that starts to become players that won't even make team rosters

Most NFL rosters are filled with players from rounds 4-7 as well as undrafted players.

The earlier rounds are more important, obviously, but the later rounds are just as important in many ways. Drafting in the later rounds is what separates the good drafting teams from the bad ones.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #84
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I'll break down the bulk of the probowl in a sec....gaurentee that over 50% of them were 1st round picks though
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #85
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
okay, I assume that almost every team can do this...so can I with Dallas

Romo - undrafted
Miles - undrafted
Ratliff - 7th

the REST OF THEM came from rounds 1-3 though...

I just listed several Bucs who were drafted 4th or later....and I doubt I even listed all of them.

I'm sure the Cowboys have more than just 3 players who were late-round picks or undrafted.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #86
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
That's why I said "practically." I know you didn't say it was worthless, but based on everything else you've said, that's what the gist of your argument is.

You said

Most NFL rosters are filled with players from rounds 4-7 as well as undrafted players.

The earlier rounds are more important, obviously, but the later rounds are just as important in many ways. Drafting in the later rounds is what separates the good drafting teams from the bad ones.

huh?...no they aren't

most NFL rosters are filled with players from rounds 1-3
Old 04-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

if your team's roster is full of players from rounds 4-7 then that means your scouting department always misses on the early picks
Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #88
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I never said they are worthless, NEVER

I said the odds of hitting are miniscule compared to rounds 1-3...

I said the bulk of a draft grade should come from rounds 1-3

how can any of us give grades on rounds so late they might not make the roster?

Because there are plenty of late round players who make rosters, become rotation players and some eventually make it into the starting lineup. Its all about value and making the most out of your picks.

People grade drafts on value then later down the road look back at the draft and grade it again.

Sorry your Cowboys stink at drafting in the later rounds. Trade the picks from now on.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #89
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

You said

He doesnt get it. Like talkin to a mule.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #90
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I'll break down the bulk of the probowl in a sec....gaurentee that over 50% of them were 1st round picks though

The Pro Bowl isn't a real team's roster. Plenty of stars/Pro Bowlers come from the first/second round. I'm pretty sure no one is arguing that. It's the other things you've said, about 4th rounders not really being players who make the roster.

Was Victor Butler a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick?
Kenyon Coleman?
Doug Free?
John Phillips?
And even Jason Witten was a late 3rd round pick.

Edit: And I'm sure there are even more Cowboys players that were drafted late that neither I or you mentioned.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: