Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,747
Default I Hate Govt Workers...

I don't feel like arguing.

Last edited by niko : 05-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,394
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Lazy/stupid people need jobs too, so they work in government. Bogus holidays, 30 sick days a year, a union that makes sure they get scheduled raises/promotions without merit, and so on. These people wouldn't last long in the private sector.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Lazy/stupid people need jobs too, so they work in government. Bogus holidays, 30 sick days a year, a union that makes sure they get scheduled raises/promotions without merit, and so on. These people wouldn't last long in the private sector.
The person told me "i don't want to be rude but you already scheduled it, you should have waited". I told her you might want to ask exactly what is wrong before you make that comment. I then proceded to explain to her in detail what was wrong, she kept saying "no no you don't have to". Yes, i do. You basically implied i am scamming this somehow.

If i have to fly back to register my daughter i will, but i guarantee i will get this person back somehow. I will get my cop friends to find out who she is and put a watch sign on her plate and car model. I will do something. Do not piss me off, If you cannot help me fine. But to basically shoo me away to avoid work where it is going to cost me $4k? Are you kidding?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Fuck you too. You sound like a dumb-fuck. You're not getting anyone back. You're gonna take it like a bitch.

Enjoy your extra flight.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Fuck you too. You sound like a dumb-fuck. You're not getting anyone back. You're gonna take it like a bitch.

Enjoy your extra flight.

Someone kick your puppy? Piss off wanker.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
joe
College superstar
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,407
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It requires a special type of asshole to work for the government. Or is is something that happens to you after you join?

I think it happens after you join. But then the lazy/stupid/idiotic people heard about these jobs, and it began attracting them.

I do good at my work because if I don't I'll be fired. And I'll be fired because my company will lose money if I do not do a good job. It's a cycle.

Government gets money from taxpayers no matter how bad of a job it does. And the employees are more difficult to fire in general. So there's nothing to keep assholery in check.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,775
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Someone kick your puppy? Piss off wanker.

But, I do agree with him.

Here's where your problem begins:

Quote:
2) Then i am told i cannot get a waiver because i already bought my tickets so how can it be an emergency?. I note to them the problem is going to be longterm, and we could only afford to go now (the summer the prices are sick expensive).

This would reflect poorly on you, and your child, if this is how you presented your case to the board. Cost. Tuition is averaging somewhere around 15k/yr (likely higher in nyc), but you don't want to take the hit on travel during the more expensive summer season. Also, classifying the problem as "longterm" works against you here. You're implying there's no urgency. More importantly, your child's education is also longterm. Perception.

This person correctly denied your waiver application. If you would have cranked up the scumbaggery a few notches, and put your mother-in-law on her death bed, you would have had success. Your argument wouldn't have centered around saving money on airfare.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,995
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

My dad worked for the government you son of a bitch
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 28,860
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Do you know how many dumb f*cks the government employees have to deal with every day?

You'd probably be less helpful too.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
But, I do agree with him.

Here's where your problem begins:



This would reflect poorly on you, and your child, if this is how you presented your case to the board. Cost. Tuition is averaging somewhere around 15k/yr (likely higher in nyc), but you don't want to take the hit on travel during the more expensive summer season. Also, classifying the problem as "longterm" works against you here. You're implying there's no urgency. More importantly, your child's education is also longterm. Perception.

This person correctly denied your waiver application. If you would have cranked up the scumbaggery a few notches, and put your mother-in-law on her death bed, you would have had success. Your argument wouldn't have centered around saving money on airfare.

Dumbass, the person did not tell me waivers were possible. This was not an application. I am allowed to apply. The person didn't want to tell me about the application because they didn't want to move.

**** off if you don't like my wording. I'm talking to a person who basically doesn't want to process and application. This is not a person who can accept or deny. This is a person on the phone who is supposed to tell me options NOT telling me options because that would be work.

Again, the main process here would be a waiver application and the person did not tell me about it. And i've spoken to the schools and i qualify for a waiver, they just don't know how i go about it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,775
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Dumbass, the person did not tell me waivers were possible. This was not an application. I am allowed to apply. The person didn't want to tell me about the application because they didn't want to move.

**** off if you don't like my wording. I'm talking to a person who basically doesn't want to process and application. This is not a person who can accept or deny. This is a person on the phone who is supposed to tell me options NOT telling me options because that would be work.

Again, the main process here would be a waiver application and the person did not tell me about it. And i've spoken to the schools and i qualify for a waiver, they just don't know how i go about it.

Why fuck off? This isn't a matter of whether or not I like your wording.
I have a hard time accepting your conclusion: this person is such a lazy, self-hating, govt. worker, they will go so far as to work against niko in order to prevent doing any work, job work.
Another possible conclusion: niko was expelled from the waiver process once a preliminary interview revealed financial motive underneath a tale of urgency/illness.

If you have to go through the boe, instead of waiving registration at the school's discretion, I'd bet you it's a procedural process with sturdy guidelines. You know, something that was intended for unavoidable situations like death. The instant you revealed these arrangements were not bound by cost, not time, there's a good chance the person could no longer help you. If your reaction to the boe was anything like the petulant attitude in this thread, I could understand why no exception was made for you if it even was possible.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
rawimpact
Banned
 
rawimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,761
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Long story short, my daughter needs to register for schools during a week in June IF she gets into one of the better schools (we have a good chance actually). However we need to go to Japan pretty soon (Starting May 21st for about a month). My mother in law is sick, and we are going to see her.

So basically if we get in we need a waiver of registration. Of the 3 schools we might get in, 1 said "no problem" and the other 2 said "maybe, but you should ask the board of ed how to do this".

So i call the board of ed.....
1) They tell me there is NOTHING i can do. I say what about waivers? They say "OH, you know about that. Ok, waivers exists."
2) Then i am told i cannot get a waiver because i already bought my tickets so how can it be an emergency?. I note to them the problem is going to be longterm, and we could only afford to go now (the summer the prices are sick expensive).
3) I explain why i got the tickets now and are asked what the illness is about? Note: The person asking me questions has indicated i cannot get a waiver no matter what, but is doubting if i care about the dates, or if the person i am visiting is really sick, etc.

It requires a special type of asshole to work for the government. Or is is something that happens to you after you join?


Here's an idea, how about you go back to school with your daughter? This whole thread is based on a fallacy: hasty generalization.

My main source(s) of income is/are provided by grants, majority of which touch the hands of government officials so I consider myself a government employee. How exactly the above relates to me is still up for question, but your mental capacity is not.

It might be better for you to stay in Japan, preferably where radiation is above normal. I heard the government there is doing a lot for it's people with high exposure.
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,911
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Yes, it's no secret that government is inefficient. The employees that work for them are dumbasses that cushy work schedules. They will literally try anything to get out of work.

I went to the DMV to get a drivers license (I'm out of state) and register my vehicle. They acted like I was from Madagascar or some shit.

Not only that but since I'm a new resident that is under 25 I had to take a "one for the road" alcohol exam. Yeah, like taking some online test that I paid absolutely no attention to is really going to stop people from driving drunk. Great call on that one New Mexico.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Someone kick your puppy? Piss off wanker.

I'm not the one making sweeping, ignorant, and bitter generalizations. It appears you're the one who's puppy was kicked. Stop bitching to people who don't give a shit. Wanker.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I think it happens after you join. But then the lazy/stupid/idiotic people heard about these jobs, and it began attracting them.

I do good at my work because if I don't I'll be fired. And I'll be fired because my company will lose money if I do not do a good job. It's a cycle.

Government gets money from taxpayers no matter how bad of a job it does. And the employees are more difficult to fire in general. So there's nothing to keep assholery in check.

What job do you actually do? And yes, gov't employees can easily be fired if they don't do "good at their work." Problem is they have to deal with ignorant assholes like Niko all day.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy