Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default We are about to make NBA history

Worst team ever in the history of the game.

I'll be at the game Thurs. to witness it. It's also going to be televised nationally on TNT, a decision i know the network is regretting right now.

Anyway I'm trying to be philosophical about the whole mess. I went to every home Panthers game in 2000 and we lost every single one of them. 3 years later we were in the Superbowl. Turnarounds do happen.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: We are about to make NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Worst team ever in the history of the game.

I'll be at the game Thurs. to witness it. It's also going to be televised nationally on TNT, a decision i know the network is regretting right now.

Anyway I'm trying to be philosophical about the whole mess. I went to every home Panthers game in 2000 and we lost every single one of them. 3 years later we were in the Superbowl. Turnarounds do happen.

Panthers turnaround went something like this: Gutter to Playoffs.
Bobcats turnaround went something like this: Playoffs to Gutter.
The Cats have had some terrific players over the years. How could we be where we're at now? Is there really any sense to be made out of it?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Bobcats turnaround went something like this: Playoffs to Gutter.
The Cats have had some terrific players over the years. How could we be where we're at now? Is there really any sense to be made out of it?

Bad contracts. We've shed some of them, will shed more after this season and even more after next season (except for TT). That's the only explanation for this debacle imo.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Bad contracts. We've shed some of them, will shed more after this season and even more after next season (except for TT). That's the only explanation for this debacle imo.

I can think of one more reason. There is obviously something inherent in the team/mgmt/ownership that saps the morale and motivation from our best players. They start off like gang-busters, slowly lose their will to play/win, get traded to other teams and then take off like gangbusters again. Whatever it is that saps the will of the players is some kind of intangible that I can't' grasp nor describe.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

Well if you want to be accurate, we went to the NFC championship game in 1996, then steadily went down until bottoming out at 1-15 in 2000. We came back, won in 2003 and 2009 and then went 2-14 in 2010. Such is life in professional sports. Your fortunes can change at the drop of a hat.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Well if you want to be accurate, we went to the NFC championship game in 1996, then steadily went down until bottoming out at 1-15 in 2000. We came back, won in 2003 and 2009 and then went 2-14 in 2010. Such is life in professional sports. Your fortunes can change at the drop of a hat.

So is there hope for our Cats? I never want to give up on them.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

sup ******. i ain't been posting a lot but im still a fan and i love this team!!! let me be straightfrward and say i am DRUNK right now. i became drunk because i wanrted to register for my classes at the universty i am attending. but i couldn't becaus they placd a hold on my account!! it's a dumb bullshit reason i am a good stufeny with good grades and i have a future. so

i came back to my house and i began to drink because i was so mad. one thing let to another and lol!!! i got durnk!!! i have not eatedn yet and tgat makes you drunk faster. so i am drunk right now.

so listen. our team sucks man. we have tyrus thomas he has not gotten better i thought e would be so good but he sux, i think we should get rid of him.

sorry i have not been posting more lately i have been bsy with school

gerald hendersin has shown promise but i thought he would take control of the team this year but he hasn't. he's doing well but i think he is honestly like more of a role player. ths makes me sad

dj augusdtyin trade him. kemba walker is going to better than him and he shoes a lot of promise. he's the pg of the future, he can be like 18 points 8 assists easy if he gets the playing time. the future belongs to him

i dunno man everyone sux. reggie williams who is he?? why did he start?? he sux why is he playing

bidmack biyombo is a good one. he will beome a good defender but he has no post game. its ok he just needs to dunk and be athletic. he will be a good defender for years to come

we need to win the draft anthony davis unibrow boy is ours. if we get him he will be reallyyyy good for a long time him and bismack biyombo will be great together.

this team will winn the championsjip next year BOOK IT!!

-quizno!!

hi guys i hop you hvabe been doing well i dont post here much because i just read stuff on ISH mostly. but lol!!! i am druink y not!!! lol!!! sup guys, timmeh how you been man?? OWL, i hope you've been okay you are really cool, and you know the long beach area LB for life!!! rufuspaul my teeth are good we're cool man my *****
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quiz....wow. That was epic.

I've been pretty good. About to graduate next week, and then I start grad school 2 weeks after that. So still busy, but still alive.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
sup ******. i ain't been posting a lot but im still a fan and i love this team!!! let me be straightfrward and say i am DRUNK right now.*

If this post is representative of how you're handling your life right now then I'm deeply disappointed in you.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Quiz....wow. That was epic.

I've been pretty good. About to graduate next week, and then I start grad school 2 weeks after that. So still busy, but still alive.

I'm very proud of you. Three questions: what is your undergrad major/Where are you going to grad school/what course of study are you pursuing? Is it still Journalism?

Inquiring minds want to know. And besides, doesn't it just seem like yesterday that you graduated high school and were starting at ECU?

Congratulations!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
sup ******. i ain't been posting a lot but im still a fan and i love this team!!! let me be straightfrward and say i am DRUNK right now. i became drunk because i wanrted to register for my classes at the universty i am attending. but i couldn't becaus they placd a hold on my account!! it's a dumb bullshit reason i am a good stufeny with good grades and i have a future. so

i came back to my house and i began to drink because i was so mad. one thing let to another and lol!!! i got durnk!!! i have not eatedn yet and tgat makes you drunk faster. so i am drunk right now.

so listen. our team sucks man. we have tyrus thomas he has not gotten better i thought e would be so good but he sux, i think we should get rid of him.

sorry i have not been posting more lately i have been bsy with school

gerald hendersin has shown promise but i thought he would take control of the team this year but he hasn't. he's doing well but i think he is honestly like more of a role player. ths makes me sad

dj augusdtyin trade him. kemba walker is going to better than him and he shoes a lot of promise. he's the pg of the future, he can be like 18 points 8 assists easy if he gets the playing time. the future belongs to him

i dunno man everyone sux. reggie williams who is he?? why did he start?? he sux why is he playing

bidmack biyombo is a good one. he will beome a good defender but he has no post game. its ok he just needs to dunk and be athletic. he will be a good defender for years to come

we need to win the draft anthony davis unibrow boy is ours. if we get him he will be reallyyyy good for a long time him and bismack biyombo will be great together.

this team will winn the championsjip next year BOOK IT!!

-quizno!!

hi guys i hop you hvabe been doing well i dont post here much because i just read stuff on ISH mostly. but lol!!! i am druink y not!!! lol!!! sup guys, timmeh how you been man?? OWL, i hope you've been okay you are really cool, and you know the long beach area LB for life!!! rufuspaul my teeth are good we're cool man my *****

Quizno!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'm very proud of you. Three questions: what is your undergrad major/Where are you going to grad school/what course of study are you pursuing? Is it still Journalism?

Inquiring minds want to know. And besides, doesn't it just seem like yesterday that you graduated high school and were starting at ECU?

Congratulations!

Haha it sure does. I actually switched from journalism to English. I know that seems to disappoint people but I felt like I was being taught how to write with a spin and exaggerate certain things...which I HATE. So I moved to English because I could write what I wanted.

So I'm going to grad school to continue with English, concentrating on Technical and Professional Communication...which is fancy talk for, "If I can't get a job as a teacher, I can fall back on editing."
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: