Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Realistic Roster Proposal

Background info:
Player's under contract- Melo, Amare. Chandler, Shumpert, Jordan, Douglas

Pending Options- Harrelson (team), JR (player), Fields (bird rights)

Exceptions- MLE, Bi-annual

Here's my proposed off season roster moves. It takes into account our cap. It's not full of reaches. I also takes into account the fact that most likely our MLE is going to Jeremy Lin. There's three proposals. One is a conservative approach utilizing the players we already have on the roster and adding around them. The other two keep our starting 5 in tact but features a trade scenario and uses our bi-annual on someone else. All 3 proposals also ain to have a solid backup at each position. I've also taken into account that Shumpert will be out some time BUT I didn't want to replace him entirely and create a surplus of shooting guards unnecessarily.

1st Option - a.) Takes our cap into account b.) Assumes that our MLE is going to Lin. c.) Assumes that our BAE is going to Novak d.) Is conservative andworks with the guys we already have and adds around them e.) Assumes JR Smith will be returning. f.) Uses our 2nd round pick to acquire Scott Machado.

C. Tyson Chandler Marcus Camby Jerome Jordan
PF. Amare Stoudemire Anthony Randolph Sean Williams
SF. Carmelo Anthony Steve Novak Al Thornton
SG. Iman Shumpert JR Smith Willie Green
PG. Jeremy Lin Scott Machado Toney Douglas

2nd Option - a.) Takes our cap into account b.) Assumes that our MLE is going to Lin. c.) Uses our BAE on Lamar Odom d.) Features a trade involving a S&T with Landry Fields sending him, Harrelson, Douglas, and Jordan to Golden State for Dorell Wright, Jeremy Tyler and Golden State’s 5th pick in the 2nd round (they have the 30th overall so the pick is less important) e.) Assumes JR Smith isn’t returning. f.) Uses our 2nd round picks to acquire Jared Cunningham and Scott Machado.

C. Tyson Chandler Jeremy Tyler Earl Barron
PF. Amare Stoudemire Lamar Odom Derrick Brown
SF. Carmelo Anthony Dorrell Wright Al Thornton
SG. Iman Shumpert Willie Green Jared Cunningham
PG. Jeremy Lin Scott Machado Johnny Flynn

3rd Option- a.) Takes our cap into account b.) Assumes that our MLE is going to Lin. c.) Uses our BAE on Lamar Odom d.) Features a trade involving a S&T with Landry Fields sending him, Harrelson, Douglas, Jordan and our 2nd round pick to Golden State for Dorell Wright, Jeremy Tyler, Charles Jenkins and Golden State’s 5th pick in the 2nd round (they have the 30th overall so the pick is less important) e.) Assumes JR Smith isn’t returning. f.)Uses our 2nd round pick to acquire Doron Lamb.

C. Tyson Chandler Jeremy Tyler Hasheem Thabeet
PF. Amare Stoudemire Lamar Odom Sean Williams
SF. Carmelo Anthony Dorrell Wright Al Thornton
SG. Iman Shumpert Willie Green Doron Lamb
PG. Jeremy Lin Charles Jenkins AJ Price
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Realistic Roster Proposal

JR returning is huge for this roster

Jared Cunningham is best case scenerio for the draft.

Lamar Odom (at anything close to the Lamar Odom of the lakers) would be a great fit for this team as he flip flops offensive roles with Carmelo

Thabeet would be a great gamble if it were for minimum. Wont someone offer something more than that or has he really shown to be that bad

\//////////////

trading amare isnt that unrealistic- and its needed to have a balanced roster

//////////////
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

How much does Anthony Randolph sign for?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I would rather take a risk of getting Odom for the BAE instead of Novak. I like that idea. Dreaded White text coming (dont look Franchize!)I dont know how that would mesh with Melo

I dont understand option 2 and 3. The Knicks give up back ups/scrubs to GSW for wright, tyler, or jenkins. I just dont see them giving up Tyler or Jenkins at this point. I could see them dumping Wright though. I know you are looking for creative ways to dump our scrubs and I hope this could happen.

Can you see or anyone for that matter in any scenario working out a deal with Portland or Cleveland considering they both have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks i think.

Anthony Randolph made about 3 mill last year does he take a pay cut next year? Vet minimum?

Last edited by Rameek : 06-17-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Our starters need get ready to play 40 minutes a game.

For the vet minimum, I'd take it, but there's too much uncertainty with those potentials.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I would rather take a risk of getting Odom for the BAE instead of Novak. I like that idea. Dreaded White text coming (dont look Franchize!)I dont know how that would mesh with Melo

I dont understand option 2 and 3. The Knicks give up back ups/scrubs to GSW for wright, tyler, or jenkins. I just dont see them giving up Tyler or Jenkins at this point. I could see them dumping Wright though. I know you are looking for creative ways to dump our scrubs and I hope this could happen.

Can you see or anyone for that matter in any scenario working out a deal with Portland or Cleveland considering they both have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks i think.

Anthony Randolph made about 3 mill last year does he take a pay cut next year? Vet minimum?

I seriously doubt Randolph takes a pay cut.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The proposals are hypothetical. It wasn't meant to spell out exact moves we should make. It was only made to show that there are solutions that differ from our normal way of doin things. Whether every guy would sign fr the minimum is irrelevant. What this shows is that we DO NOT have to be the home for hasbeens aka the graveyard for careers. We don't have to chase every big name. There are no Mike Bibbys, Derek Fishers, Ray Allens, Baron Davis, Grant Hill etc signings that are nothing but 1 year stop gaps. With the exception of Odom, these are guys who ae young, talented and versatile. They also are cheaper that the old geezers because the vet min is on a scale. The longer you're in the league, the more the vet min becomes. I have a list of other guys that could substitute for each signing.

As for the trade, GSW is said to want to chase a pass first pg and has been rumored to have always likd Fields game. They probably could care less about their draft pick because they have the 30th pick. Once again, all hypothetical bt not unrealistic.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: