Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #16
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012/2013 and beyond: how can the Knicks improve?

He's pretty old though. They moved him to center because he's too slow to guard fours now. Maybe Tyson can cover the fours.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 AM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He's pretty old though. They moved him center because he's too slow to guard fours now. Maybe Tyson can cover the fours.
He's still a great defensive player and a great leader. I think KG can still handle the fours. Also I think he has at least a few more years playing at a high level.

Melo/KG/Tyson would provide an extreme versatility,both offensively and defensively.
Melo can do it all on offense,KG can shoot and post up while Tyson can play pick and roll.

On defense KG and Tyson are premiere defenders and leaders. Melo has improved on defense too.

To be honest,I hate KG but if that would help the Knicks I would do it in a heartbeat.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #18
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

How can you actually hate KG? He's a fantastic basketball player.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
How can you actually hate KG? He's a fantastic basketball player.
I don't hate his skills.I hate his on court personality. Has no troubles to get dirty,always talks trash,punks smaller players...

I would probably love him if he was playing for my team.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't hate his skills.I hate his on court personality. Has no troubles to get dirty,always talks trash,punks smaller players...

I would probably love him if he was playing for my team.

I used to love KG. Once he got old though, his tactics went from being veteran savvy to down right dirty. He's the Bernard Hopkins of the NBA. And if you saw Hopkins fight last saturday, you know what I mean.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #21
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Cool hair.

I hate the Celtics (I guess all of you do) but would anyone consider acquiring KG and somehow sending them Amare ?
Celtics get Amare to play pick and roll with Rondo while KG is a perfect fit on the Knicks.

Just imagine the defense of Lin/Shumpert/Melo/KG/Tyson

KG can stretch the floor too and is a good post player.

Honestly, I wouldn't do that deal for KG.

He clearly doesn't want to leave Boston and his teammates & Doc Rivers. I can't see him giving a damn about playing for any team unless he chooses to sign with them in Free Agency, rather than a trade. With that being said there is no way he'd want to sign in New York. He'd snap one day after a bad game and murder Frank Isola.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #22
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

Is there any chance of doing Amare for Deron Williams?
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #23
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000
No.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000
Not straight up but I think people are being a bit hasty by saying no. Let's face it, if Deron Williams goes elsewhere, that franchise is screwed. They blew their load trying to get him AND Wallace. They gave up a pick that's only top 3 protected. If I were the Nets, even though I know I'm getting the short end of the stick, I'd do that deal. It's really no different that the Melo situation. Actually, it's worse because Denver's roster was better than the current Nets. I think Amare and Lin for Deron works for both teams. I also don't think it would hurt us in marketing as much as people think.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Honestly, I wouldn't do that deal for KG.

He clearly doesn't want to leave Boston and his teammates & Doc Rivers. I can't see him giving a damn about playing for any team unless he chooses to sign with them in Free Agency, rather than a trade. With that being said there is no way he'd want to sign in New York. He'd snap one day after a bad game and murder Frank Isola.

Kevin Garnett will be 36 years old in 2 weeks. End of discussion lol
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

While I think Deron is overrated, I would be ok with getting him in a trade with Amare and Lin.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
While I think Deron is overrated, I would be ok with getting him in a trade with Amare and Lin.
Why do you think he's overrated?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #28
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Why do you think he's overrated?
Well, to be precise I think he's overrated by some (not by all). Specifically, those who put him above Chris Paul or Derrick Rose. In general, I don't think he can be the franchise guy of a contender.
This season with the Nets, he brought them nowhere. Sure, he had some scrubs around him, but if you're an elite PG you should carry them to the postseason at least (see Chris Paul with NOH).
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #29
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get Phil Jackson.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Kevin Garnett will be 36 years old in 2 weeks. End of discussion lol
He's still a much better fit for this team than Amare.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: