Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #136
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Knicks get - Luke Walton + Maggette + Motiejunas + pick 16(Royce WHite) + pick 24 (Jared Cunningham)

Rockets get- Amare + Toney Douglas + future Knicks 1st

Bobcats get- Kevin Martin + Scola

Cavs get- Tyrus Thomas + Knicks 2nd

This is the how could the knicks get young talent trade.

Cunningham/Shumpert/Lin/Davis
JR Smith/Maggette
Carmelo/Novak/Walton
motiejunas/Royce White
Chandler/Camby/harrelson/Jordan

So we get a guy who's overseas, a guy who's extremely afraid of planes to the point where he needs medication, a talented tweener and a 32 year old sf? Hmmm..... Pass.

Quote:
in the more realistic realm- how is this not a great trade for both teams

Ben g + villenueva + a daye
for
Amare + t douglas

(shumpert)/Lin/ben g
JR smith/ben g
Carmelo/novak
A daye/Villenueva
Chandler/Camby

I would definitely CONSIDER this deal. Provided Charlie V is healthy, this wouldn't be that bad of a move. Would I actually pull the trigger? I don't know. Probably not. With Amare, you still run the risk of him playing like Amare of old and you looking like an idiot.

Last edited by franchize : 06-08-2012 at 08:56 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #137
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
in the more realistic realm- how is this not a great trade for both teams

Ben g + villenueva + a daye
for
Amare + t douglas

(shumpert)/Lin/ben g
JR smith/ben g
Carmelo/novak
A daye/Villenueva
Chandler/Camby
Normally I let you guys go at and just observe, but I actually like this deal.

1) shorter contracts for the players coming in and Ben and Charlie have performance clauses in their deals which most likely they won't achieve.

2) We inherit a decent 6th man in Ben Gordon.

The only issue is our PF slot just turned into "yuck, why do I have to eat these vegetables" in my little kid voice.

Melo would have to be our full-time PF, which of course leaves a major hole at SF.

Austin Daye I think is a restricted free agent too if I'm not mistake, so I don't think he can be included as part of the deal, since he would have to be signed and traded.

I doubt Detroit even considers it though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #138
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Normally I let you guys go at and just observe, but I actually like this deal.

1) shorter contracts for the players coming in and Ben and Charlie have performance clauses in their deals which most likely they won't achieve.

2) We inherit a decent 6th man in Ben Gordon.

The only issue is our PF slot just turned into "yuck, why do I have to eat these vegetables" in my little kid voice.

Melo would have to be our full-time PF, which of course leaves a major hole at SF.

Austin Daye I think is a restricted free agent too if I'm not mistake, so I don't think he can be included as part of the deal, since he would have to be signed and traded.

I doubt Detroit even considers it though.
If Charlie is healthy, I don't mind him being our starting pf. That's a big if though.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #139
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

For anyone interested:

Combine Measurements of guys who are rumored to be on our radar:

Scott Machado measured 6'1" w/o shoes. 6'2" with shoes 205 lbs (5.8% body fat)
6'4" wingspan 9.5" hand width which is up there with a lot of the big men. Solid measurements!

Jordan Taylor 6'1" w/o shoes 6'2" with shoes. 192 lbs (5.5% body fat) 6'3" wingspan 9.5" hand width

Tu Holloway 5'10 w/o shoes 5'11 3/4" with shoes. 6'5 1/2" wingspan.186 lbs 8.5% body fat.(wassup with that? tryna gain weight the wrong way?) 10" hand width! Disappointing height measurements though.

Jared Cunningham 6'3 1/2" without shoes 6'5" with shoes. 6'6 1/2" wingspan. 187 lbs. 3.6% body fat (lowest of the combine). 9" hand width.
Side Note: Pulled a hammy and had to pull out of the rest of the combine

William Buford 6'4" w/o shoes 6'5" with shoes. 6"9 1/2" wingspan. 214 lbs 11.3% body fat (wow!) 10" hand width!

Darius Johnson-Odom 6'1.5" w/o shoes 6'3" with shoes. 6'7" wingspan. 212 lbs 7% body fat. 8 3/4" hand width

Other guys height

Kris Joseph- 6'6"/6'7" with shoes
Doron Lamb- 6'3.25" 6'4.75" with shoes
Kyle O'Quinn- 6'8.5" 6'10 with shoes (7.475" wingspan!)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #140
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If Charlie is healthy, I don't mind him being our starting pf. That's a big if though.
True it is a big if, but even when healthy he's never been a full time starter.

He'd be a decent backup though at most for our squad.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #141
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Thats the type of trade that guys sign off on right now and when it back fires people back track like crazy.

Definitely not a good deal for the Knicks.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #142
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Thats the type of trade that guys sign off on right now and when it back fires people back track like crazy.

Definitely not a good deal for the Knicks.
What the worst that can happen?

Amare regains his offense?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #143
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Amar'e's offense is fine. He just needs the ball.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #144
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What the worst that can happen?

Amare regains his offense?

Charlie Villanueva is a worse player at his best than Amare Stoudemire is at his worst. The one thing that makes me want to keep Amare is that he does give you the potential to play like an All NBA PF some games. You'll never get that type of performance out of CV because he's just not that good.

Time has flown by but CV isn't a young guy anymore just needing to get minutes, he'll be 28 to start next season. He hasn't produced in the last 3 years and I highly doubt he will at this point.

Stay away.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #145
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Amar'e's offense is fine. He just needs the ball.

He needs the ball, but he needs to give a reason to get it.

If he's actually serious about next season and working on some sort of post game, then I really expect a bounce back year from him from the way last season ended.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #146
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Charlie Villanueva is a worse player at his best than Amare Stoudemire is at his worst. The one thing that makes me want to keep Amare is that he does give you the potential to play like an All NBA PF some games. You'll never get that type of performance out of CV because he's just not that good.

Time has flown by but CV isn't a young guy anymore just needing to get minutes, he'll be 28 to start next season. He hasn't produced in the last 3 years and I highly doubt he will at this point.

Stay away.
This is my point these guys havent been a decent in a few years. When the performance goes down as from their peak numbers people will kill the FO for a terrible deal.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #147
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no way you blow up the Melo/Amare tandem before they have even played 82 games together under a competent coach.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #148
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Multiple sources have told me over the past week that the Knicks are shopping Landry Fields and it appears they are trying to move into the first round if the Warriors agree to deal with the Knicks restricted free agent.

A team that the Knicks could be targeting is Golden State, who currently hold the 30th pick, the last pick in the first round and 4 picks total.

Fields would be an ideal fit for the Warriors open style and, should the Knicks move to the end of the first round, they can target the best player available which could perhaps be Vandy’s sharp shooter John Jenkins or Kentucky’s Doron Lamb should they go SG

fields has lost his role on a iso team so best to move on and get something in return
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #149
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
fields has lost his role on a iso team so best to move on and get something in return

I like that possibility.

Golden State would have to draft the player at #30 for us, and then sign Landry Fields once Free Agency officially begins on July 11th. Kind of a long wait between officially introducing your draft pick, but I'll take that.

Hoping that #30 pick is Quincy Miller.

With his poor combine, I'd hope he slips there. High potential kid who's only 19 but has Top 10 talent and could possibly become a major part of our future.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #150
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who said we should get Charlie Villanueva?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/olympics...public-pistons

He just got cut by the Dominican Republic team with John Calipari as the coach for being out of shape.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: