Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #166
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont think it gets much worse.... 3.5 mill is tied up with Harrellson, Jordan, Shump, Douglas... if JR opts in then its 2.4 mill.
Well we could have given that money to 3 worse players than Melo,Amare and Tyson. Also we could have payed them a little more.

I'm just trying to be positive for a second
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #167
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not sure how valid this is, but apparently we flew Pablo Prigioni to NY and are interested in signing him (again).

http://www.ole.com.ar/basquet/sueno-...721128313.html

I remember his name from a few summers ago.

I know franchize won't like this but he's a 35 year old PG who apparently averages 6.6 PPG in Europe and shoots 25% from 3 last season.

Wonder if this is one of Grunwald's guys he's been wanting to bring in and everyone else in the Front Office told him no.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #168
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

how much will these 3 players get in free agency?

Billups

Ryan Anderson

Spencer Hawes

What is the biggest 2 year offer possible in the mle
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #169
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Not sure how valid this is, but apparently we flew Pablo Prigioni to NY and are interested in signing him (again).

I know franchize won't like this but he's a 35 year old PG who apparently averages 6.6 PPG in Europe and shoots 25% from 3 last season.

Wonder if this is one of Grunwald's guys he's been wanting to bring in and everyone else in the Front Office told him no.

Lol
Prigioni was very good in his prime. But he's definitely past his prime.
He's been in talks to be the back-up PG of Olimpia Milano lately.
I don't think he could bring anything worthwile in NY.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #170
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

Billups

Ryan Anderson

Spencer Hawes

More than we can afford.

Billups is probably the only player who we could afford financially but I think he's still hurt we amnestied him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #171
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

Billups

Ryan Anderson

Spencer Hawes

The MLE would only be $5 Million per year.

The max we could offer for the MLE is 4 Years, $21 Million because we're over the cap. Thats good enough for Billups, Orlando would match that instantly for Anderson, & I think Hawes might get slightly more from Philadelphia.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #172
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe

This is the type of BS that keeps the Knicks from even sniffing a ring. You're gonna try and bring in a 35 year old foreign PG with mediocre numbers in Europe.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #173
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is the type of BS that keeps the Knicks from even sniffing a ring. You're gonna try and bring in a 35 year old foreign PG with mediocre numbers in Europe.
i think not drafting players keeps the knicks from being legit. buying a roster will never win a championship!

also acquiring bad players!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #174
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It takes both.

Most champions have those top 3-5 lotto picked players as their franchise players, along with quality players acquired in trades a fa signings.

The Knicks haven't been bad enough to have had a top 3-5 pick but once since Ewing, and LMA is not a franchise player.

If it just the idea of having drafted players then you're suggesting keeping Gall Lee and chandler and not acquiring Melo.

Keeping Jordan Hill and not acquiring the space needed to acquire Amare.

But the Knicks do have a 1st round pick in every other season, plus 4 players who were either drafted by the Knicks or for the Knicks.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #175
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

The problem with the build through the draft theory is that it requires you to be good at drafting. Cant exactly think of too many players over the last three years Id take over Melo or Amare.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #176
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drafting requires more luck than actual skill.

Anybody could pick Anthony Davis first overall, but does antony Davis pan out to be worth that pick?

Only he and his coaching staff with the Hornets can answer that in time.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #177
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Drafting requires more luck than actual skill.

Anybody could pick Anthony Davis first overall, but does antony Davis pan out to be worth that pick?

Only he and his coaching staff with the Hornets can answer that in time.
I say it takes both. Im not the best at picking who will be good, but I usually can tell the ones who definitely wont. The one guy who I ccompletely underestimated is Kevin Love.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #178
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I say it takes both. Im not the best at picking who will be good, but I usually can tell the ones who definitely wont. The one guy who I ccompletely underestimated is Kevin Love.
there is lucrative position waiting in the NBA for you sir.

you're making it look way too easy, even the pros can't get it right very often.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #179
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

And that's not even something to use against yourself. It seems like most people thought Kevin Love wouldn't amount to much in this league.

The thing with prospects too is it takes the right situation. Who's to say Kevin Love is as successful if he's drafted somewhere else? The coaching staff and management are huge when it comes to the development of young players.

You got the wrong coach behind a guy in any situation and it can go down as a waisted opportunity. One recent example I could think of just in the Knicks organization was Anthony Randolph. The David Lee for AR, Azabuike and Turiaf deal sounded great at the time and in large part because of Randolph's potential. Unfortunetly he came to one of the worst coaching situations in the league and it didn't pan out.

It's hard to call whether a player will be good or not until after seeing where he will go and how he fits in that teams situation.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #180
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
And that's not even something to use against yourself. It seems like most people thought Kevin Love wouldn't amount to much in this league.

The thing with prospects too is it takes the right situation. Who's to say Kevin Love is as successful if he's drafted somewhere else? The coaching staff and management are huge when it comes to the development of young players.

You got the wrong coach behind a guy in any situation and it can go down as a waisted opportunity. One recent example I could think of just in the Knicks organization was Anthony Randolph. The David Lee for AR, Azabuike and Turiaf deal sounded great at the time and in large part because of Randolph's potential. Unfortunetly he came to one of the worst coaching situations in the league and it didn't pan out.

It's hard to call whether a player will be good or not until after seeing where he will go and how he fits in that teams situation.

Yeah I didnt think Love would become a scoring Forward when he was drafted, I really thought he'd be what we saw early in his career of a stocky rebounding PF/C with a solid offensive game and good passing. Basically, a better Brad Miller.

I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel last night and he looks like he has a disease or something with how different he looks compared to back then. Im convinced he weighs no more than 230lbs right now, although he mentioned last offseason he had dropped 25lbs but it looks like he is still losing weight.

But, Anthony Randolph's downfall really can't be blamed on us. He got overrated playing "Nellie-ball" in an uptempo style where nobody could really notice he's an undersized Forward who couldn't shoot or play in the post. Im kinda glad he didn't pan out in Minnesota since we just threw him in that deal for no apparent reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: