Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #196
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

There are 2 small forwards that can, on any given night, outplay LeBron James. We have one of them! If you have buyer's remorse because of that, so be it. End of the day, stars win championships. LeBron's punk @$$ changed the landscape of the league. You either keep up or keep yourself out of contention.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #197
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
There are 2 small forwards that can, on any given night, outplay LeBron James. We have one of them! If you have buyer's remorse because of that, so be it. End of the day, stars win championships. LeBron's punk @$$ changed the landscape of the league. You either keep up or keep yourself out of contention.
no one in this league can ever outplay the best player in the league. What most likely could happen is.... he may outscore him (but wont out defend, out rebound, etc etc).

I am not saying you have get a superstar through the draft but you have to get a bench, a cornerstone, role players through the draft. You need a quality FO to make good trades and draft picks. The Knicks have done neither.

The Knicks will have to be extremely lucky at this point to fill out a perfect roster to even be considered a contender. Now the Knicks are searching through the scraps for BAE, MLE, Vet Minimum type players.

The Knicks are not a championship contender and i dont know who they can add to be a contender. I think they are a playoff contender. Up against the cap with Melo, Stat, Chandler how do they fill out a roster?

What sucks now is all these older quality vets are going to seek out the Heat first to win a championship ring and again the knicks will get the likes of Boomdizzle and Bibby.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #198
Rameek
Krust Kingz

please post a vid or trasncript of them clowning the knicks i missed it.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #199
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Well, what should we do with our new MLE?

Apparently if we do use up the $5 Million, we'd have to fill our roster with undrafted/D-League players at the bare minimum at $473K. Not sure if thats worth the risk or not of having a bunch of unproven guys filling out your bench if you're trying to win a Championship.

Or we could simply just use the $3 Million MLE and avoid any issues.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #200
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I really doubt the Knicks use the full MLE, they aren't gonna hard cap themselves now with this new flexibility.

Contrary to the norm, I do hope Landry accepts his QO of 2.6 mil for next year.

And seeing this pic right here is very positive.....

This our coach working with our free agent on the one thing that is his weakness.

Get those shots up Landry.

We desperately will need a shooting guard, backup pg, and a backup 4/5 man.

My shooting guard hopeful would be Shannon Brown for the mini MLE.

My backup pg most likely would be either a vet min signing or combing through the undraftees.

Antony Carter would definitely receive a call from me.

Backup 4/5 Marcus Camby, Ivan Johnson from the Hawks and hopefully either Steimsma from the Celtics or Thompson from the Kings with the BAE.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #201
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I really doubt the Knicks use the full MLE, they aren't gonna hard cap themselves now with this new flexibility.

Contrary to the norm, I do hope Landry accepts his QO of 2.6 mil for next year.

And seeing this pic right here is very positive.....

This our coach working with our free agent on the one thing that is his weakness.

Get those shots up Landry.

We desperately will need a shooting guard, backup pg, and a backup 4/5 man.

My shooting guard hopeful would be Shannon Brown for the mini MLE.

My backup pg most likely would be either a vet min signing or combing through the undraftees.

Antony Carter would definitely receive a call from me.

Backup 4/5 Marcus Camby, Ivan Johnson from the Hawks and hopefully either Steimsma from the Celtics or Thompson from the Kings with the BAE.
I am all for players getting their money but the only way I would want Landry back on this team is one the extreme cheap!

I love the idea of Anthony Carter, Camby and Steimsma...
Old 06-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #202
el gringos
Great college starter

The idea of Anthony carter was a joke right? Anybody w half a brain would realize carter would be of no value at all and that any pg selected in round 2 would bring more to the team

Camby would be perfect to be a backup c if possible- if he or odom would come cheap it's perfect. Isn't j Jeffries considered a need to bring back?

The full mle offer goes out just incase anyone bites 1-Nash 2-hawes, illyasova, anderson

If Nash or a shooting big won't come it's bill ups and then Andre miller- the pg spot doesn't need a vet unless it's a real player like Nash or billups. More important than an Anthonycarter/bibby type is making sure to get Jared Cunningham in the draft
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #203
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Your backup point had better be a vet, Lin is not fully ready to do this on his own.

I think the Knicks will draft a sg

Ersan is gonna get more, and ryan anderson is restricted btw.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #204
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I dont see any scenario where signing n trading Landry isnt the right thing to do. Unless Im missing some provision. We should look to Houston. Theyre desperate to retain Dragic n I think he has Bird rights too. I think when you couple that with Lowrys beef with Mchale, he may become expendable.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #205
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I dont see any scenario where signing n trading Landry isnt the right thing to do. Unless Im missing some provision. We should look to Houston. Theyre desperate to retain Dragic n I think he has Bird rights too. I think when you couple that with Lowrys beef with Mchale, he may become expendable.

We can't acquire them via trade unless we part with 1 of our 3.

Kinda screwed in this situation.

Either let Landry go with no compensation or keep him.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #206
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Wrong thread Scoooter.

Last edited by knickscity : 06-24-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #207
Rowe
Scoring Champ

What do you guys think about bringing in Joey Dorsey? I think we need a rugged, rebounding type off the bench to replace Jared Jeffries as backup PF.

Basically came into the NBA as a poor mans Ben Wallace out of Memphis but wasn't able to find a team that could accept his limited offense for being a good rebounder and defender. He put up a 20 rebound game to end the season for the Raptors in 2011 and then left for Europe, where he won the EuroLeague championship.

He'd come pretty cheap at the minimum salary.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #208
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I think the Knicks need to find some well rounded players and not so much one dimensional players. But I wouldnt complain about Dorsey.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #209
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think the Knicks need to find some well rounded players and not so much one dimensional players. But I wouldnt complain about Dorsey.

Its pretty tough to find those guys for the PF & C positions.

In terms of being well rounded to contribute on offense & defense, espescially for the BAE or minimum salaries. Most of them are nothing more than backups who hopefully do 1 thing well enough to keep their job in the NBA.

Personally, for realistic targets at the PF/C positions the #1 guy on my list would be Kenyon Martin. We might be turning into the NY Nuggets, but I'll take him in a heartbeat for that BAE at $2 Million per year.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #210
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Wrong thread Scoooter.
You brought it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I know one thing....

I don't see any team in the Eastern conference that has a single player that can go toe to toe with LeBron....

Except us.

Hate Melo, hate the trade, hate Dolan, hate the fact we drafted Gallo, hate the whole damn New York Knicks franchise.

But if you are still here and remaining a fan, you might wanna get behind that dude that wears number 7, and pray our guys rally together.

But the Heat are not impossible to beat.
Censor yourself.

I'll get it back on topic though. We should trade Melo.

He'll fetch a lot of value from the right sucker.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: