Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #241
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Kostas who?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #242
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
We better contact Scott Machado, Kevin Jones, Henry Sims, William Buford, Hollis Thompson, & Drew Gordon. I probably could put together a Summer League team off of all of the guys I was hoping we'd get at 48.

Grunwald needs to stop f*cking around and realize that as Knicks fans we're not playing the game of being patient anymore. Our time to win is now and we need to try to put the best possible team we can if we're going to challenge Miami for the East crown.
the true reason why alot of these guys didn't get drafted is primarily due to the uncertainty of whether they can contribute, with a very cap conscious CBA.

That's why I knew quite a few most likely would not get drafted, but I do want the team to give these guys a more up close look.

I'm hoping to catch the SL, I may take a mini trip to Vegas and see some live action.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #243
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You at Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore?

Im guessing you punched a hole in your TV like I came so close to doing.

I'm a student there. Watched the draft with a few buddies, some of whom were Knick fans. Needless to say, there was a collective groan when the pick was announced.

I don't know what the f*ck is so hard about drafting a player of need. Now we are either banking on those guys either signing with our summer league team or signing with us after the summer league cuts. At least if we drafted someone, they'd be guaranteed to be on our summer league team and the contract wouldn't even be guaranteed.

A f*cking 10 year old could've made a better draft pick.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #244
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I'm a student there. Watched the draft with a few buddies, some of whom were Knick fans. Needless to say, there was a collective groan when the pick was announced.

I don't know what the f*ck is so hard about drafting a player of need. Now we are either banking on those guys either signing with our summer league team or signing with us after the summer league cuts. At least if we drafted someone, they'd be guaranteed to be on our summer league team and the contract wouldn't even be guaranteed.

A f*cking 10 year old could've made a better draft pick.
Maybe the team has worked up a backup plan to invite quite a few of them, and didn't want to shun the others by drafting just anyone.

But apparently 29 other teams felt these guys weren't worth it either, so really it's no biggie.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #245
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Knicks have 7 guys on the roster but they couldnt draft 1 player for cheap just to be a bench player or some kind of potential.

Knicks constantly fall short.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #246
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Knicks have 7 guys on the roster but they couldnt draft 1 player for cheap just to be a bench player or some kind of potential.

What difference does it really make though?

Alot of the teams targets went undrafted anyway.

Just give a few the sl invite, and get a good look.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #247
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What difference does it really make though?

Alot of the teams targets went undrafted anyway.

Just give a few the sl invite, and get a good look.

Well when these guys go undrafted, you then have to compete with all 29 other teams to get them to join your SL team. While, I hope we can invite at least 3 of guys I considered "realistic" targets at 48 I do know that other teams are going to be selling them on the same dream of a training camp spot.

At the same time some guys don't participate in it because they've got a deal in Europe lined up to pay them 6 figures. I hate to see it, but I can't blame them for immediatley going to get the money without giving the NBA a try first.

I just want to see us really focus on adding talent and stop giving Training Camp chances to scrubs like Devin Green & Chris Hunter who were 26+ years old with no upside and have proven to be D-League level at best.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #248
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeah.

Not to say its impossible, but its fewer undrafted guys who end up making an impact as rookies as there are 2nd Round Picks. It also gives fans a better clarity on the potential/value of young players if they were drafted compared to if they were undrafted.

For the most part we'd be willing to see for 2-3 seasons how someone like Jorts or Jerome Jordan "develops" as opposed to how a guy like Jeremy Lin would've "developed" simply off of him being undrafted. GM's think the same way too which is why Lin almost got dealt for Anthony Carter or waived.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #249
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Wasted a pick...Great....Just Great.

Machado sitting right fukkin there! DJO, Kev Jones, Alex Young and you get a guy who wont even show up. Even if he does, he's not gonna leave Europe to play for chump change.

Truth be told, i just woke up, and first thing i did was lookfor the draft results and see who the Knicks had drafted.
When I saw it was Papanikolau, my very first thought was "franchize must be mad as hell" I understand your frustration my friend.

Anyway, the guy is a fantastic baller.
He led his team to an incredible comeback in the Euroleague final (that's the BIGGEST stage of international club bball) from 39-53 to a thrilling 62-61 win.
I don't know about NBA ready though, or Knicks ready anyways.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #250
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So Knicks now have 2 guys who led their team to Euroleague title.

Let's not forget we have rights to Printezis who hit a game winner in the Final.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7_Y8fxj8Q

I don't know about the pick. If he won't be here for a while then it might be a waste.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #251
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Ah who cares- Cunningham and wroten were off the board. I think Knicks should have taken the guy the lakers took sacre because he will be a contributer and 7 footers with bulk athleticism and aggressiveness are hard to find- but the idea of higher talent level than the belief he even will play for the team to me is ok. Don't plan to be good, plan to be great. They say he goes much higher if he was guaranteed to be playing next season
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #252
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Well when these guys go undrafted, you then have to compete with all 29 other teams to get them to join your SL team. While, I hope we can invite at least 3 of guys I considered "realistic" targets at 48 I do know that other teams are going to be selling them on the same dream of a training camp spot.

At the same time some guys don't participate in it because they've got a deal in Europe lined up to pay them 6 figures. I hate to see it, but I can't blame them for immediatley going to get the money without giving the NBA a try first.

I just want to see us really focus on adding talent and stop giving Training Camp chances to scrubs like Devin Green & Chris Hunter who were 26+ years old with no upside and have proven to be D-League level at best.
This is most complete list of all the Knicks workouts, and the majority of them went undrafted.

5/23
Tu Holloway (6'0" PG, Xavier)
Scoop Jardine (6'2" G, Syracuse)
Khris Middleton (6'7" F, Texas A&M)
John Shurna (6'9" F, Northwestern)
Michael Eric (6'11" C, Temple)
Bernard James (6'10" C, Florida State)

5/24
Scott Machado (6'1" PG, Iona)
Miles Plumlee (6'11" C, Duke)
Oscar Bellfield (6'2" G, UNLV)
Darius Johnson-Odom (6'2" SG, Marquette)
Bradford Burgess (6'6" G/F, VCU)
Cameron Moore (6'10" F/C, UAB)

5/29
Dee Bost (6'2" PG, Mississippi St.)
JíCovan Brown (6'2" G, Texas)
Yancy Gates (6'9" C, Cincinnati)
Troy Gillenwater (6'7" F, New Mexico St.)
Robert Sacre (6'11" C, Gonzaga)
Wesley Witherspoon (6'9" SF Memphis)

6/4
JaMychal Green- 6'8" PF, Alabama
Robbie Hummel- 6'8" F, Purdue
Quincy Roberts- 6'5" G, Grambling State
Chris Smith- 6'2" G, Louisville
Jordan Theodore- 6'0" G, Seton Hall
Alex Young- 6'6" SF, IUPUI

6/18
Larry Anderson- 6'5" G, Long Beach State
Mike Glover- 6'5" PF, Iona
Drew Gordon- 6'9" PF, New Mexico
Adam Sollazzo- 6'6" G, East Tennessee State
Jordan Taylor- 6'2" PG, Wisconsin
Casper Ware, 5'10" PG, Long Beach State

6/21
Quincy Acy- 6'8" PF, Baylor
Kim English- 6'6" G/F, Missouri
Chris Johnson- 6'6" F, Dayton
Greg Mangano- 6'10" PF, Yale
Tony Mitchell- 6'6" F, Alabama
Hollis Thompson- 6'8" F, Georgetown

6/25
Erving Walker, 5'8" PG, Florida
Oscar Bellfield, 6'2" G, UNLV
Marcus Denmon, 6'3" SG, Missouri
Harouna Mutombo, 6'4" G, Western Carolina

The team imo has made it clear it's free agency for them.

They believe they are a few pieces away from truly competing.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #253
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wrote a long rant earlier but when i tried to post it, this thread was closed n locked.

I wont even bother. Im sure you guys know how I feel about our pick.

I hope we look at Machado, Alex Young, Kevin Jones, Yancy Gates and Jordan Theodore
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #254
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Thank you.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #255
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

When are we gonna find out about undrafted players?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: