Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #331
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,714
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I could see if we signed him for the minimum (even though I'd still h8 the move) 3 years for 9 mill? Isnt that essentially our MLE?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #332
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,547
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I could see if we signed him for the minimum (even though I'd still h8 the move) 3 years for 9 mill? Isnt that essentially our MLE?
Yes. Entire MLE.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #333
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,312
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Just curious, what pg would you guys put in that mle slot if not Kidd?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #334
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,958
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Just curious, what pg would you guys put in that mle slot if not Kidd?
I dont think there are many out there
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #335
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,547
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Just curious, what pg would you guys put in that mle slot if not Kidd?

If I had to get a PG, it would've been Kirk Hinrich.

3/$9 Million is a very good deal for him.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #336
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,714
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by k[U
[/u]nickscity]Just curious, what pg would you guys put in that mle slot if not Kidd?
Felton, Sessions, Foye, Brooks for starters.

We didnt even have to use the MLE. We could have tried a sign n trade for a guy like Lowry, Teague or Bayless who were all available due to their teams roster moves. We could have signed guys like Flynn, West, Dyson, Pargo or Telfair for dirt cheap.

If it were anybody else, n we spent our MLE on a guy who avg 6pts n 5 apg as a starter, you guys would be pissed and you know it. You guys r getting wrapped up in a name. We arent getting the Kidd from NJ or Phx.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #337
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,312
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Felton, Sessions, Foye, Brooks for starters.

We didnt even have to use the MLE. We could have tried a sign n trade for a guy like Lowry, Teague or Bayless who were all available due to their teams roster moves. We could have signed guys like Flynn, West, Dyson, Pargo or Telfair for dirt cheap.

If it were anybody else, n we spent our MLE on a guy who avg 6pts n 5 apg as a starter, you guys would be pissed and you know it. You guys r getting wrapped up in a name. We arent getting the Kidd from NJ or Phx.
Felton is fat, Sessions is overrated horrendously, Brooks no one even knows what the guys is up to these days.

Lowry was traded, and we have no assets for Teague or Bayless.

Flynn shouldn't be in the NBA, I do like Delonte for the 2 guard, who the hell is Dyson?

Pargo...come on man, and don't get me started on Telfair.

If it's min wage player you're worried about we have a few spot left, not a problem.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #338
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,958
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
If I had to get a PG, it would've been Kirk Hinrich.

3/$9 Million is a very good deal for him.
Kirk hasnt been good in a couple of years and he's always hurt. Sorry I dont think he's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Felton, Sessions, Foye, Brooks for starters.

We didnt even have to use the MLE. We could have tried a sign n trade for a guy like Lowry, Teague or Bayless who were all available due to their teams roster moves. We could have signed guys like Flynn, West, Dyson, Pargo or Telfair for dirt cheap.

If it were anybody else, n we spent our MLE on a guy who avg 6pts n 5 apg as a starter, you guys would be pissed and you know it. You guys r getting wrapped up in a name. We arent getting the Kidd from NJ or Phx.
The Knicks dont have anyone else to do a S&T. None of those guys besides Sessions i would feel good about in a back up role or god forbid a starters role. Lowery we couldnt afford.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #339
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,312
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
If I had to get a PG, it would've been Kirk Hinrich.

3/$9 Million is a very good deal for him.
IDk, Kirk made like 8 mil last year, not sure if he'll sign for three.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #340
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,714
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Felton is fat, Sessions is overrated horrendously, Brooks no one even knows what the guys is up to these days.

Lowry was traded, and we have no assets for Teague or Bayless.

Flynn shouldn't be in the NBA, I do like Delonte for the 2 guard, who the hell is Dyson?

Pargo...come on man, and don't get me started on Telfair.

If it's min wage player you're worried about we have a few spot left, not a problem.
A fat Felton was still way better than Kidd last year. So was overrated Sessions. Lowry just got traded for a protected 1st n Gary Forbes. We could have made a similar move. Pargo avg 1less point than Kidd in half the minutes. Flynn dropped 18 n 11 his last game. When he got healthy, he started playing well. Just two yrs ago he was dropping 13 ppg.
Kidd hasnt avg 13 since 07. Telfair avg what Kidd did in half the minutes.The Mavs were more explosive with West in at pg. Beaubois outplayed Kidd.

N we do have assets to get Bayless. We could offer Fields slightly more then sign n trade him. R we could offer them Douglas expirer, Harrelson n Jordan n a future pick. Bayless isnt a priority for them since they have Lowry now. Bottom line is, you dont find out what can happen because every year we sign the oldest FA we can find just because they have a name. Then Knicks fans say "oh thats a gr8 move...he will bring leadership to the locker room". Then when these guys dont produce, we blame our stars. We do this every single year guys. It doesnt work! Its failed over n over. Try something different!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #341
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,312
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A fat Felton was still way better than Kidd last year. So was overrated Sessions. Lowry just got traded for a protected 1st n Gary Forbes. We could have made a similar move. Pargo avg 1less point than Kidd in half the minutes. Flynn dropped 18 n 11 his last game. When he got healthy, he started playing well. Just two yrs ago he was dropping 13 ppg.
Kidd hasnt avg 13 since 07. Telfair avg what Kidd did in half the minutes.The Mavs were more explosive with West in at pg. Beaubois outplayed Kidd.

N we do have assets to get Bayless. We could offer Fields slightly more then sign n trade him. R we could offer them Douglas expirer, Harrelson n Jordan n a future pick. Bayless isnt a priority for them since they have Lowry now. Bottom line is, you dont find out what can happen because every year we sign the oldest FA we can find just because they have a name. Then Knicks fans say "oh thats a gr8 move...he will bring leadership to the locker room". Then when these guys dont produce, we blame our stars. We do this every single year guys. It doesnt work! Its failed over n over. Try something different!
We can't fo even half of what you suggested.

We have no draft picks to trade, and Fields contract is backloaded and we're over the cap so we can't offer more.

The team has gone in the direction of Lin being the starter.

Whether I think he is that guy remains to be seen, but if the team had to pay a vet who can teach Lin how to run the pg position, there is no problem.

Lin isn't gonna learn nothing from the guys you're suggesting even if they are options.

I do feel we need a third stringer and maybe those vet min types might be good for that, but as a backup to train our starter...there's no one better.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #342
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,714
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We can't fo even half of what you suggested.

We have no draft picks to trade, and Fields contract is backloaded and we're over the cap so we can't offer more.

The team has gone in the direction of Lin being the starter.

Whether I think he is that guy remains to be seen, but if the team had to pay a vet who can teach Lin how to run the pg position, there is no problem.

Lin isn't gonna learn nothing from the guys you're suggesting even if they are options.

I do feel we need a third stringer and maybe those vet min types might be good for that, but as a backup to train our starter...there's no one better.
All your telling me is that your ok with mortgaging our future on names. If Lin cant play the position by himself, then dont sign him. Essentially, we are paying Kidd to be a coach on the court. Does Woodson even get 3 mil lol?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #343
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,312
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
All your telling me is that your ok with mortgaging our future on names. If Lin cant play the position by himself, then dont sign him. Essentially, we are paying Kidd to be a coach on the court. Does Woodson even get 3 mil lol?
Woodson is gonna teach Lin how to be a solid pg?

And how is signing Kidd hurting the future, right now the future and present is Lin.

I have some doubts about Lin and the team apparently believes a vet will help Lin grow.

He won't learn being backed up by guys who haven't accomplished a damn thing in their career, and can barely get real court time themselves.

I understand your view of the age, but I don't understand you arguing about experience and leadership.

The guys you're suggesting are essentially complete bums, and losers.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #344
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,918
bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Woodson is gonna teach Lin how to be a solid pg?

And how is signing Kidd hurting the future, right now the future and present is Lin.

I have some doubts about Lin and the team apparently believes a vet will help Lin grow.

He won't learn being backed up by guys who haven't accomplished a damn thing in their career, and can barely get real court time themselves.

I understand your view of the age, but I don't understand you arguing about experience and leadership.

The guys you're suggesting are essentially complete bums, and losers.
this, he wont gain that leadership aspect by playing with another guy trying to get his own minutes or playing for that starting role.

with kidd, he will make sure the stars will listen. hes already got major respect from most players

kidd:" i told lin to do it so ****ing listen to him"
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #345
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,714
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

All the crap you guys are saying is exactly what was said last year about Baron n Bibby. If Lin cant get the job done, dont sign him! Period. Its crap like this that proves Mayweather wasnt racist n ge was dead on with his comments. We run our team like a damn football team. Lin is not a qb. If he cant play the position, you dont pay 3 mil for a 40 yr old to teach him. Same with Dantoni. If he cant coach defense, you dont get a "defensive coordinator". This is basketball! Or did you forget because of the assinine moves we make every yr.

Knickscity, you can diss the guys I mentioned all you want but as I stated before, they are just as productive if not more than Kidd. Especially Felton n Sessions. So what does that say about him?

End of the day, this old geezer is a Knick now. **** it. Shoulda just gave Frazier the MLE lol. Guess I gotta live with it.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy