Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #346
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

You mad. Now you know how I feel about Melo. This will make us better friends.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #347
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather have a guy who has a ring, is respected, and actually accomplished something in their career over career losers no matter what their stats say.

Ironically every player mentioned either led or contributed to their respective teams to the lottery.

We've had enough losers on this team, about time our core can get some winners around them.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #348
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You mad. Now you know how I feel about Melo. This will make us better friends.
Yup actually I am. Because we will have another year with question mark at pg n Ill have to listen to you blame Melo for all of our short comings all yr.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #349
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

We should go to a game together and heckle our respective least favorite Knicks.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #350
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yup actually I am. Because we will have another year with question mark at pg n Ill have to listen to you blame Melo for all of our short comings all yr.
i have no double lin can give us 14/7 this year
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #351
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'd rather have a guy who has a ring, is respected, and actually accomplished something in their career over career losers no matter what their stats say.

Ironically every player mentioned either led or contributed to their respective teams to the lottery.

We've had enough losers on this team, about time our core can get some winners around them.
Oh boy. I knew the ring thing would come up. So lets sign Derek Fisher! He has more rings than Kidd.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #352
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Carmelo Anthony for Shawn Marion.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #353
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oh boy. I knew the ring thing would come up. So lets sign Derek Fisher! He has more rings than Kidd.
Ironically Fisher helped his team make the finals.

How come Telfair couldn't help Nash make the playoffs?

what seed did the Blazers reach with Fat Felton?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #354
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Ironically Fisher helped his team make the finals.

How come Telfair couldn't help Nash make the playoffs?

what seed did the Blazers reach with Fat Felton?
So the Thunder having Kevin Durant n Westbrook had nothing to do with it? Do you see OKC rushing to bring Fisher back? So Kidd n Fisher could have led the Suns or Blazers to the Finals too right? Im going to bed now. Youre reaching. Like Shawn Bradley picking fruit reaching.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #355
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
So the Thunder having Kevin Durant n Westbrook had nothing to do with it? Do you see OKC rushing to bring Fisher back? So Kidd n Fisher could have led the Suns or Blazers to the Finals too right? Im going to bed now. Youre reaching. Like Shawn Bradley picking fruit reaching.
I said helped, not lead.

Telfair didn't help Nash, and Felton led his team to the lottery.

That's the only facts that matter, actual facts.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #356
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I said helped, not lead.

Telfair didn't help Nash, and Felton led his team to the lottery.

That's the only facts that matter, actual facts.
C'mon Knickscity. Your better than that dude. You're being ridiculous. Fisher didnt even play the whole season with OKC. He was a cast off because he stunk it up with the Lakers. They had enough and quite frankly, it should have been done years ago. The Thunder got to the Finals because of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. It had nothing to do with Derek Fisher. In fact, Eric Maynor is BETTER than Derek Fisher.

It's stances liek these that make ridiculous arguments travel. Look at the Suns roster compared to OKC. Look at Portland's roster and all their injuries. So I guess Mario Chalmers is better than Steve Nash because he has a ring. I guess we were wrong for getting rid of Eddy Curry and getting Amare because Eddy Curry "helped" Miami to a championship.

Let's just put this one to bed because it's getting out of hand now.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #357
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
C'mon Knickscity. Your better than that dude. You're being ridiculous. Fisher didnt even play the whole season with OKC. He was a cast off because he stunk it up with the Lakers. They had enough and quite frankly, it should have been done years ago. The Thunder got to the Finals because of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. It had nothing to do with Derek Fisher. In fact, Eric Maynor is BETTER than Derek Fisher.

It's stances liek these that make ridiculous arguments travel. Look at the Suns roster compared to OKC. Look at Portland's roster and all their injuries. So I guess Mario Chalmers is better than Steve Nash because he has a ring. I guess we were wrong for getting rid of Eddy Curry and getting Amare because Eddy Curry "helped" Miami to a championship.

Let's just put this one to bed because it's getting out of hand now.
Why exaggerate though?

Curry did not play in the playoffs at all, so of course I'm not gonna say he helped with anything.

Fisher did, and just because you don't like to give vets their credit, you can't dismiss that Fisher helped OKC....the key word is "helped".

Maynor was injured the whole year, so he helped with nothing....the team rolled on without him, although I do think he's a good backup.

But let's get back to the actual facts.....

Telfair did nothing to help Nash and the Suns but pad his own stats, the same way Felton did.

They helped their teams become lotto bound.

Sorry do not want the losers, unless they come for basically free.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #358
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Why exaggerate though?

Curry did not play in the playoffs at all, so of course I'm not gonna say he helped with anything.

Fisher did, and just because you don't like to give vets their credit, you can't dismiss that Fisher helped OKC....the key word is "helped".

Maynor was injured the whole year, so he helped with nothing....the team rolled on without him, although I do think he's a good backup.

But let's get back to the actual facts.....

Telfair did nothing to help Nash and the Suns but pad his own stats, the same way Felton did.

They helped their teams become lotto bound.

Sorry do not want the losers, unless they come for basically free.
If anybody is exaggerating it's you. Fisher didnt go to the team he was traded to. If he went to Houston he'd be sitting at home watching the playoffs also. He latched on t a playoff team to chase another ring. I don't diss all vets. I wanted us to go after Odom and Camby.

Your argument essentially says if Felton was on the Thunder,tey wouldn't have gotten to the Finals and if Fisher was Trailblzer they would have made the playoffs. That's an absolute joke and you know it. Butliek I said, let's move on. What's our next move? I hear we're interested in Mayo. Don't see how we can afford him but these GMs seem to pull it off all the time. A lot of these deals have a lot to do with sequence of events.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #359
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
If anybody is exaggerating it's you. Fisher didnt go to the team he was traded to. If he went to Houston he'd be sitting at home watching the playoffs also. He latched on t a playoff team to chase another ring. I don't diss all vets. I wanted us to go after Odom and Camby.

Your argument essentially says if Felton was on the Thunder,tey wouldn't have gotten to the Finals and if Fisher was Trailblzer they would have made the playoffs. That's an absolute joke and you know it. Butliek I said, let's move on. What's our next move? I hear we're interested in Mayo. Don't see how we can afford him but these GMs seem to pull it off all the time. A lot of these deals have a lot to do with sequence of events.
Yes, let's move on.

I like Mayo, but since he supposedly turned down the full MLE from Boston, dude wants to get paid, and all we can do is the same package we tried to do to get Nash.

Give him about 8 mil a season, but we lose Shump.

I'd rather do this sign and trade to get Kidd, and keep those pieces to see if his price falls, which it may, since teams won't have his money.

OJ isn't that much of an upgrade over JR, imo.

Sign JR's brother, keep him on the end of the bench, and bring back JR for the non bird exception.

Somehow convince Camby to come for the mini mle.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #360
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Yes, let's move on.

I like Mayo, but since he supposedly turned down the full MLE from Boston, dude wants to get paid, and all we can do is the same package we tried to do to get Nash.

Give him about 8 mil a season, but we lose Shump.

I'd rather do this sign and trade to get Kidd, and keep those pieces to see if his price falls, which it may, since teams won't have his money.

OJ isn't that much of an upgrade over JR, imo.

Sign JR's brother, keep him on the end of the bench, and bring back JR for the non bird exception.

Somehow convince Camby to come for the mini mle.

Clearly. once again,you must not have seen JR's brother play No lie, James White has a better shot at beng an impact player. That's not even an exaggerration at all.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: