Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #361
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is what I'm referring to. If Jonny Flynn doesn't belong in the league as you say, Chris Smith shouldnt even be in the D-League.
I'm willing to bet the only reason his brother is even being considered is to sign JR.

Whether he belongs is irrelevant.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #362
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm willing to bet the only reason his brother is even being considered is to sign JR.

Whether he belongs is irrelevant.

Yea but that's a roster spot on a team who's starting sg will be out until @ least January. So essentially, he could be our backup sg.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #363
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,684
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Carmelo Anthony for Shawn Marion.

Carmelo Anthony is the only guy that didn't dick us around, and actually came here because he wanted to be a Knick, unlike guys like Nash, Hill, etc, that just use the Knicks for leverage, and yet you constantly want him gone.

It's no wonder people say we have an awful fan base.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #364
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but that's a roster spot on a team who's starting sg will be out until @ least January. So essentially, he could be our backup sg.
similar to saying Jerome Jordan is our backup center?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #365
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Carmelo Anthony is the only guy that didn't dick us around, and actually came here because he wanted to be a Knick, unlike guys like Nash, Hill, etc, that just use the Knicks for leverage, and yet you constantly want him gone.

It's no wonder people say we have an awful fan base.
This....exactly this!

Quote:
similar to saying Jerome Jordan is our backup center?
Jordan is a project. He's also a 7 footer who's athletic in a league devoid of big men. A lot different from a sg who isn't a gr8 shooter and wasn't even the 6th best player on his college team. That being said, if we got rid of Jordan, I wouldn't blink an eye.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #366
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,342
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Carmelo Anthony is the only guy that didn't dick us around, and actually came here because he wanted to be a Knick, unlike guys like Nash, Hill, etc, that just use the Knicks for leverage, and yet you constantly want him gone.

It's no wonder people say we have an awful fan base.
I want him gone because he's a loser. He could be the nicest guy in the world.

I only care about winning. I check sentimentality at the door.


Last edited by Scoooter : 07-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #367
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I want him gone because he's a loser. He could be the nicest guy in the world.

I only care about winning. I check sentimentality at the door.

Then why did you want to keep Fields ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #368
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,342
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I didn't, if it meant matching what Toronto was paying him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #369
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore
 
percelloveknicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: i live in Madison Square Garde
Posts: 319
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I didn't, if it meant matching what Toronto was paying him.
why would you want him back anyway, he's soft as hell, if melo is a loser, who do you want on this roster so damn bad.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #370
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,684
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
why would you want him back anyway, he's soft as hell, if melo is a loser, who do you want on this roster so damn bad.

He said Shawn Marion already.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #371
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,342
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Magic Johnson
Landry Fields
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Wilt Chamberlain
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #372
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

In other words, your hate for Melo really isnt basketball related. Glad thats been put out there. Makes it a lot easier to ignore lol.

If somehow the Lin situation falls through, or we just come to our senses last minute, Jerryd Bayless is a very intriguing option. Ive always liked his game.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #373
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,342
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
In other words, your hate for Melo really isnt basketball related. Glad thats been put out there. Makes it a lot easier to ignore lol.
No, you misread. It's entirely basketball related. That's why I said he could be a really nice guy.

Quote:
If somehow the Lin situation falls through, or we just come to our senses last minute, Jerryd Bayless is a very intriguing option. Ive always liked his game.
Bayless has never really found a home in the NBA. Interest now seems tepid at best.

What's he good at?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #374
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

OT......

Wade Allen LeBron Bosh Camby (?)

That starting lineup could absolutely smash that 72-10.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #375
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
No, you misread. It's entirely basketball related. That's why I said he could be a really nice guy.


Bayless has never really found a home in the NBA. Interest now seems tepid at best.

What's he good at?
Bayless avg 11 and 3 in an injury plagued year on a woeful Raptors team.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy