Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #406
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
crying over the gm not making the moves you want does nothing. i do get some privy info occassionally but it rarily pans out

This is a message board. NONE of the things we complain about will do anything. I thought that was the purpose of this. To vent about the nonsense our team does. Shoot, I have a friend who's equally pissed about the direction the team is going in. He actually talked to Allan Houston minutes before the Kidd thing was announced. Houston told him what they were about to do and he said nothing because he's trying to get a job with the Knicks. My point being, none of us have any pull. So what we say means nothing beyond this message board. But dammit, I've been a fan since I was born. I feel I have a right to vent...especially when I feel liek I could do a better job than a guy getting paid 10X what I do. And I honestly believe that!

Quote:

Point proven....this year Melo was booed in the introductions, and people actually were screaming from the rafters every time Melo touched the ball for him to pass the ball.

A top 10 player been booed in his own building, and I'm supposed to take fans seriously?

And this is happened to the only player in the history of the Knicks that wanted to come here.

Subliminal Scooter jab lmaoooooooo

Quote:
Players also don't want to come here because their is no stability.

Why sign with the Knicks when you know you'll be traded for the next shiny new player?

Well that's the GM's fault. Our team has become a revolving door of old men. Every year we try a new hasbeen. How about signing a young guy and letting him grow for once. The only guy that seems to always have a roster spot every year is Jared Jeffries. The one guy we should be letting go we can't get rid of lol

Quote:
Franchize, I think you're underestimating how much Kidd has left in the tank. I'd bet last year was just an ugly year for him.

We should still start him though, to keep his workload down.
His season before that was pretty mediocre too. They won a ring despite him, not because of him. Jason Terry n Dirk along with Marion and Chandler's D are the reason they stole that ring from Miami.

Quote:
Green hasn't proven a single thing, other than he can play a little bit on a garbage team.

If Green is that great how come the Nets gave their mle to the dude from overseas? Even worse they gave him the full mle, the reworked the mini mle for him, and unknown to the NBA.

Shows how much they value the player on their team.

We're just going to have this argument over and over I see. Just because you aren't in the NBA, does not mean you aren't good enough to be in the NBA. The dude came in the league from HS. If a team doesn't take the time to let you blossom, once your contract is up, you can find yourself on the outside looking in. I dont get how you guys can support Lin but not see this? Lin was a Melo recommendation away from being in the same boat. And I vividly recall all of us, myself included, saying he stunk before that opportunity came...because he did. He looked awful. Am I saying Green is a better player than Lin? No. What I'm saying is, if you're going to take the stance of "if he was any good, he'd be in the NBA proving it" then do it for everyone. Lin included. Otherwise, it's just being hypocritical. Also, this "overseas" dude is supposed to be super good...apparently. Apparently, he was a huge steal and the Nets are going to be laughing in everyone's face. I don't know much about him.

Quote:
if camby is coming in a trade and neither amare or lin can be traded to get more pieces G Green is for sure worth 3 million a year for 2 years. the team badly needs an athletic player to come off the bench at 3 or 2

This is what I'm saying. We have the mid level. We aren't getting any top Sg. We clearly need one though. Green can play the 2 or 3. He's 6'7". So for the mini-mid, you get a guy who can play multiple positions AND has the potential to be a starter. Good team or bad team, he came in and dropped 13 a night. Period. And that's without a training camp, without as many practices as anyone else. He's only like 25-26 yrs old. He jumps out the roof. He has a solid jumpshot. He has the height/length to play both wing positions and he's hungry. Give him a shot.

If not him, give a guy like Cartier Martin a shot. He'd probably play for the minimum. These guys are out there. You don't have to give expired veterans hefty contracts. I'm sorry. I beg to differ. Novak came here and did his thing. Lin came here and did his thing when he got the chance. Earl Barron came in and did his thing. When we invest time into scouting talent and give them a shot, it yields quality results. When we do things like sign Bibby and Baron, we're just wasting roster spots.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #407
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

So you wouldn't trust Novak or Shawne for 5 minutes at the four? Come on.

I wouldn't. Shawne is a SF and Novak can't guard anyone. I don' even know what positionhe is but it is't PF. Nothin powerful about that dude. We need a pf.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #408
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I wouldn't. Shawne is a SF and Novak can't guard anyone. I don' even know what positionhe is but it is't PF. Nothin powerful about that dude. We need a pf.
Nothing exactly powerful about Amare either, but that his position.

But come on 5 minutes aint nothing.

We all saw Shawne handle Dwight for 5 minutes, and that was on top of going back the other way and drain his corner three.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #409
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Nothing exactly powerful about Amare either, but that his position.

But come on 5 minutes aint nothing.

We all saw Shawne handle Dwight for 5 minutes, and that was on top of going back the other way and drain his corner three.
Thats not what you PLAN though. Thats the assinine decisions Dantoni made that get you killed. Im tired of getting guys with the expectation that they can only give you 5 minutes of play. Just go get a back up big man because if Amare gets hurt, which is very possible, now you 5 minutes turns to a lot more.

And Amare is powerful on offense. Hes becomes Charles Smith on defense thoug.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #410
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare is the third option on offense, nothing powerful about that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #411
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Amare is the third option on offense, nothing powerful about that.
Really? Who is second?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #412
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We got Camby n got rid of Douglas to do it. Finally some good news. I would complain about the two 2nd round picks but lets face it, we arent gonna do anytning of worth with them anyway.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #413
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
We got Camby n got rid of Douglas to do it. Finally some good news. I would complain about the two 2nd round picks but lets face it, we arent gonna do anytning of worth with them anyway.

True but I would have loved to have those 2nd rounders. Say what you want those have value.

Also the contract its self was pretty hefty...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #414
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

True but I would have loved to have those 2nd rounders. Say what you want those have value.

Also the contract its self was pretty hefty...
I havent seen the contract info. I kinda dont want to. N Im not saying they dont have value. I love second round picks. I just dont think Grunwald is smart enough to make them count. In other words, I think he will blow the picks on someone lame. Ill hold my opinion until I see the contract info.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #415
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Just read the contract info. All my jubilation just died. 13.5? Are you kidding me
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #416
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Really? Who is second?
1) Carmelo Anthony
2) JR Smith
3) Carmelo again

Last edited by Scoooter : 07-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #417
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
1) Carmelo Anthony
2) JR Smith
3) Carmelo agai

I think we kind of get the point. You dont like Melo. Next subject please.lol
Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #418
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Actually that was a post about me not liking Mike Woodson.

Apparently you don't get it.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #419
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Actually that was a post about me not liking Mike Woodson.

Apparently you don't get it.
Guess not
Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #420
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Just read the contract info. All my jubilation just died. 13.5? Are you kidding me

Finally a step in the right direction and Grunwald still manages to mess that up.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: