Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #511
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Honestlyit's become laughable at this point. I wish I knew what thread I put it but I KNOW I called this before the season even ended. I said we'd target Kidd, Thomas and Grant Hill. Lo and behold. Hill would be our 5th player over 35 and our 9th 30 or over.

I thought Grant Hill would go to LA. He gets to play with Nash and they need a sf. He could start potentially.

All we need is Allen Iverson and my "Fantasy Team" from NBA Live 99 will officially be a reality on our bench. Just need for our opponents to fall like they been shot with a 12 gauge shotgun as soon as they get stripped by the ball.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #512
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
All we need is Allen Iverson and my "Fantasy Team" from NBA Live 99 will officially be a reality on our bench. Just need for our opponents to fall like they been shot with a 12 gauge shotgun as soon as they get stripped by the ball.
I was crazy nice in that game lol

Im waiting for Spreewell n Childs to come out of retirement. Allan Houston joked that he was going to go to Germany n get that Kobe treatment n make a comeback.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #513
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I was crazy nice in that game lol

Im waiting for Spreewell n Childs to come out of retirement. Allan Houston joked that he was going to go to Germany n get that Kobe treatment n make a comeback.

Cant wait to see your reaction when you find out he wasn't joking.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #514
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

According to Isola the rights to Kostas Papanikolaou were also included in the Felton trade.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #515
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Oh Christ, no!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #516
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

A few months ago, Bleacher Report had thing on crazy trades that just might happen. In it they included Lin for Rondo on the basis that Lin's numbers were better than Rondo's had been at that point in his career and he would be a cheaper, younger that would suit Boston rebuilding.

Obviously that trade proved to be crazy, mostly because of Rondo's performance in the play-offs. But it does leave me worried about us losing Lin. With Felton it feels like what you see is what you get, but Lin has potential, brains and a work ethic. He definitely did struggle once teams knew about him but he does seem to have all the tools to necessary to go up to the elite level. If Lin's off-court value is so high, maybe he would nearly pay for himself anyway?
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #517
jared82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jared82 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Just four days ago, Woodson gushed that the Knicks would absolutely match the Rockets offer sheet and said Lin would be the starter at point guard t oopen training camp.
But that was before Lin secretly flew to Las Vegas to change the offer sheet and turn a four-year, $28 million deal with $19 million guaranteed into a fully guaranteed three-year, $25 million contract with the final year a balloon payment of $14.9 million that Carmelo Anthony called "ridiculous" yesterday.
How ridiculous? The Knicks are expected to be over the luxury-tax threshold for three straight years by 2014-15, and repeat taxpayers will be subject to
the harshest of luxury-tax penalties.
If all of Lin's $14.9 million salary comes in over the threshold, the first $5 million will be taxed at a 2.5-to-1 ratio. The next $5 million will be taxed at a 2.75-to-1 ratio. The final $4.9 million is taxed a 3.5-to-1 ratio. The math shows the tax alone on Lin's final year would be $43.4 million, meaning the entire bill that season could be $58.3 million.
Dolan actually might have matched the offer had it been done above board. But as reported by The Post, the Knicks were furious Lin renegotiated the contract after they had told him they would match it, knowing how deadly it would be financially to the organization's coffers because of the tax.
Dolan is all about loyalty and the revamped offer sheet rubbed him the wrong way.

Now that Lin has totally blindsided us and signed that "poison pill" offer sheet from the Rockets, I have lost all respect for him. He was offered almost the same amount of money from the Rockets that everyone knew the Knicks would match. But now the once humble Lin, looks every bit as money hungry as the next guy. I would understand if it was for a substantial amount more then the original offer, but it clearly isn't. This offer sheet was created for the sole purpose of screwing the Knicks over. It takes a fool not to see that.

Now that being said.... I still think we should match it, then either work out a another sign and trade with Houston for maybe:
Kevin Martin & Dalembert for Lin & Thomas. Or ust keep Lin for the next year or 2 then trade him before the "poison pill" kicks in. Either way, we don't lose Lin for nothing
jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #518
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared82
Now that Lin has totally blindsided us and signed that "poison pill" offer sheet from the Rockets, I have lost all respect for him. He was offered almost the same amount of money from the Rockets that everyone knew the Knicks would match. But now the once humble Lin, looks every bit as money hungry as the next guy. I would understand if it was for a substantial amount more then the original offer, but it clearly isn't. This offer sheet was created for the sole purpose of screwing the Knicks over. It takes a fool not to see that.

Now that being said.... I still think we should match it, then either work out a another sign and trade with Houston for maybe:
Kevin Martin & Dalembert for Lin & Thomas. Or ust keep Lin for the next year or 2 then trade him before the "poison pill" kicks in. Either way, we don't lose Lin for nothing

- The Knicks are the ones who told Lin to go contract shopping, and that they would match whatever he got. The problem is he completely blindsided us by passing on the 4 Year $28 Million deal we had thought he'd sign and took a more profitable 3 Year $25 Million deal with the "Poiston Pill". But you have to wonder what convinced Dolan that trying to profit off of Lin's marketablity/endorsements isn't worth what you're paying for his role on the basketball team. I dont blame Jeremy for going to a situation where he can be his own "star" and make some good money. Yao & him are close and he's going to get Lin plenty of extra endorsements/promotion in China for playing with the Rockets.

- We can't work out a Sign & Trade with Lin to Houston. As soon as he signed the Offer Sheet we got put in a situation where we have no choice but to let him go or pay him. Bringing Lin back and trading him is impossible. Thats because if he comes back to the Knicks and is succesful and builds off of "Linsanity" then he overtakes Melo as our Franchise player. Or if he comes back and is mediocre and struggles then 28 other NBA teams will be laughing at us for keeping him as a marketing gimmick.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #519
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Viviano
Cassani - Roncaglia - Nastasic - Pasqual
Lazzari - Elm
Cuadrado - Jovetic - Cerci
El Hamdaoui

EDIT - lol. Not only wrong thread, but wrong forum and wrong website I'll leave it here, who knows, maybe it will bring luck to both the Knicks and Fiorentina

Last edited by Jasi : 07-17-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #520
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Viviano
Cassani - Roncaglia - Nastasic - Pasqual
Lazzari - Elm
Cuadrado - Jovetic - Cerci
El Hamdaoui

EDIT - lol. Not only wrong thread, but wrong forum and wrong website I'll leave it here, who knows, maybe it will bring luck to both the Knicks and Fiorentina
Why are you rooting for Fiorentina ? I thought you were from Milan.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #521
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Why are you rooting for Fiorentina ? I thought you were from Milan.

I live in Milan but I'm not from here. I'm not from Florence either... I'm from Sicily.
Picking a football team to root for can have many different reasons. In my case it' because my father was a fan of them since his childhood (they were a very strong side at that time) so I grew up a Fiorentina fan as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #522
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I live in Milan but I'm not from here. I'm not from Florence either... I'm from Sicily.
Picking a football team to root for can have many different reasons. In my case it' because my father was a fan of them since his childhood (they were a very strong side at that time) so I grew up a Fiorentina fan as well.
I understand. I was a big football (soccer) fan when I was younger but right now I rarely watch it. I'm a fan of Hajduk Split (I don't know if you heard about them) while my favorite Italian club is Juventus.

Back to the Knicks. I'm not sure what we should do with Lin but I'm leaning towards not matching that offer. I don't think Felton is that much worse and I doubt Lin will be able to play as good as last year.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #523
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I understand. I was a big football (soccer) fan when I was younger but right now I rarely watch it. I'm a fan of Hajduk Split (I don't know if you heard about them).
Of course I do, I also have a jersey (2002-2003 season I think).

Quote:
Back to the Knicks. I'm not sure what we should do with Lin but I'm leaning towards not matching that offer. I don't think Felton is that much worse and I doubt Lin will be able to play as good as last year.

At this point I'm all for letting Lin go.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #524
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I wonder if CP3 is on the knicks radar again.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #525
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I wonder if CP3 is on the knicks radar again.
Mlo joked to the media and said CP3 will be a Knick soon at a Team USA practice reportedly and it's rumored that CP3 looked at the camera man and winked lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: