Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #586
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

You can never have enough defense, and guys who don't mind focusing in one that aspect.

We know exactly where our offense will be coming from and those guys know they will have to produce.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #587
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You can never have enough defense, and guys who don't mind focusing in one that aspect.

We know exactly where our offense will be coming from and those guys know they will have to produce.
Sorry couldnt disagree more but last year the duo of melo and JR was not good enough.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #588
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Sorry couldnt disagree more but last year the duo of melo and JR was not good enough.
Melo and JR shouldn't have been our only offense, and they certainly won't be this year either.

It will take a total team effort points-wise, but I'd expect on average.

Tyson 10-12

Amare 19-23

Melo 22-27

Brewer 5-7

Felton 14-16

Sixth man JR 12-15

Novak 8-10

Kidd 6-8

Camby 5-7

White/Copeland 6-8

We know the green light will be Melo Amare Felton JR in order, but the other guys must maximize their scoring when the ball is given.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #589
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Way too idealistic knickscity. I think we'll just see a ton of Melo iso's every night. A light smattering of Novak threes, and plenty of JR step-backs. That's the only MO Woodson has demonstrated consistently throughout his coaching career.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #590
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Its going to be a problem that only JR and Melo can score on the floor.

Maybe this is the year where JR finally averages 20 PPG and looks like the Top 10 SG he's always had the potential to be? With all the talk of how Mike Woodson trusts him like no other coach does, maybe this is the season where he breaks out.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #591
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Way too idealistic knickscity. I think we'll just see a ton of Melo iso's every night. A light smattering of Novak threes, and plenty of JR step-backs. That's the only MO Woodson has demonstrated consistently throughout his coaching career.

I am fully convinced we wont see Novak this season.

As soon as he gets cold and by cold I'm talking shooting like 36% from 3 then he will be out of the rotation quicker than Lin jerseys went on sale on Houston's website. He was unconscious last season from 3 and its no way a guy can carry that hot streak through the start of this year.

Woodson is known from his time in Atlanta for getting entirely comfortable with a certain rotation and riding it for a long time. He has never incorporated a "shooter" into his rotation like Novak. I can just predict he is going to find more trust in Brewer backing up Melo at SF and Camby being the first big man off the bench leaving few minutes for Novak.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #592
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I am fully convinced we wont see Novak this season.

As soon as he gets cold and by cold I'm talking shooting like 36% from 3 then he will be out of the rotation quicker than Lin jerseys went on sale on Houston's website. He was unconscious last season from 3 and its no way a guy can carry that hot streak through the start of this year.

Woodson is known from his time in Atlanta for getting entirely comfortable with a certain rotation and riding it for a long time. He has never incorporated a "shooter" into his rotation like Novak. I can just predict he is going to find more trust in Brewer backing up Melo at SF and Camby being the first big man off the bench leaving few minutes for Novak.

I don't know if he'll be completely removed from the lineup, but I do expect him to come back down to Earth. One thing I like about Woodson is, he doesn't seemed compelled to play guys even if they're replacements are clearly outplaying them.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #593
jared82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jared82 has an OK reputation so far

I just talked to my cousin who works for the Nets as an assistant to the GM. He said the Knicks are lighting up the phone lines and EMails of every team in the NBA.. They are violently pursuing D.Howard. They offered Amare, Tyson, Shump, J.R, and draft picks for Dwight, Hedo, and J.Rich. He told me it was almost done but the Magic wants more picks that we apparently aren't allowed to trade. The Magic don't really care about J.R. So now the Knicks are trying to trade J.R to ANY team for draft picks.

He also said Kidd wants out now that Lin is gone. He wants to goto Brooklyn. So the Knicks are trying to get C.J Watson, S.Williams and/or Okur for Kidd.

Last thing he said is Dolan is PISSED about the contract we gave Novak. The only reason we offered so much is because Lin wanted him on the team because we already lost Fields. So like morons we threw money at Novak to make sure he wouldn't leave Lin. So now we are shopping him too for picks to get Dwigh t
jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #594
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared82
I just talked to my cousin who works for the Nets as an assistant to the GM. He said the Knicks are lighting up the phone lines and EMails of every team in the NBA.. They are violently pursuing D.Howard. They offered Amare, Tyson, Shump, J.R, and draft picks for Dwight, Hedo, and J.Rich. He told me it was almost done but the Magic wants more picks that we apparently aren't allowed to trade. The Magic don't really care about J.R. So now the Knicks are trying to trade J.R to ANY team for draft picks.

He also said Kidd wants out now that Lin is gone. He wants to goto Brooklyn. So the Knicks are trying to get C.J Watson, S.Williams and/or Okur for Kidd.

Last thing he said is Dolan is PISSED about the contract we gave Novak. The only reason we offered so much is because Lin wanted him on the team because we already lost Fields. So like morons we threw money at Novak to make sure he wouldn't leave Lin. So now we are shopping him too for picks to get Dwigh t

JR and Kidd cant be traded for 6 months...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #595
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

not sure if serious

dolan is dumb, if he planed on trading for dwight all along, why not match lin's contract anyway?
like bano said, cant trade jr/novak/kidd until December
hope we dont trade away shump

however, just going by what you said, knicks can potentially ahve this lineup in december

felton/watson/pablo
j.rich/brewer
melo/hedo/s.williams
camby/okur
dwight/thomas

play smaller with melo at the 4,camby off bench
we take another depth hit with this trade

i would prefer if we kept amare out of the trade considering how shitty other teams deals have been, why should we show all our cards on the first go.
if we kept kidd and threw in felton again ()

kidd
j.rich
melo
amare
dwight

or flip kidd for some picks from the nets, novak to the wolves (they love their white players) for a pick
offer tyson shump jr 2-3 picks we acquire(i guess we can offer our 2016 pick) (is it possible to trade our 2013 pick or are we still required to keep it because we dont have a 2014 pick?)
obviously find a 3rd team to take something back in salary

felton
Jrich
melo
amare
dwight

Last edited by bluechox2 : 07-27-2012 at 12:16 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #596
jared82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jared82 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
not sure if serious

he was def serious. i asked about the guys that can't be traded right away and he told me that except for the trade deadline, some trades take months to secure.. You wouldn't believe how many amazing trades have fell through because of tiny amounts of cash considerations and meaningless players
jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #597
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

Not one bit of this is believable.

The first draft pick we can trade is 2017.

Kidd and JR can't be traded any time soon.

The Knicks will never do a deal with the Nets, and two of those guys aren't even on the Nets roster anymore as they were traded to Portland last season in Williams or Okur.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #598
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not one bit of this is believable.

The first draft pick we can trade is 2017.

Kidd and JR can't be traded any time soon.

The Knicks will never do a deal with the Nets, and two of those guys aren't even on the Nets roster anymore as they were traded to Portland last season in Williams or Okur.

I think he means Shelden Williams.

But yea, we don't hae any draft picks. I doubt we have any shot at Dwight. I do believe the part about Dolan being pissed about Novak. I WISH the J Kidd part was true.

As for the blockbuster trade, I'd be reluctant to give Orlando Shumpert AND JR. I'd do Amare and Chandler str8 up. Maybe a draft pick but I'm not giving them all that AND taking back all that salary. Sorry. We dn't automtically get better AND we'd have to move those contracts before we could. No thanks.

I would absolutely LOVE if we moved Kidd for CJ Watson though. I'm not a huge Watson fan but he's making less than Kidd, he's about 11 years younger and he's more productive. I find it hard t believe Kidd cared that much about Lin leaving. I think whole "mentoring" thing was BS anyway. I think the real reason he signed here is because A. We offered him double the vet min B. Dallas' future at the tim was looking sketchy C. He honesty thought that he could push Lin for that starting spot if Lin turned out to be a bust.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #599
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I think Shelden is a free agent as well.

CJ Watson is younger Kidd...without defense.

He played like complete trash in the playoffs too.

Last edited by knickscity : 07-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #600
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think Shelden is a free agent as well.

CJ Watson is younger Kidd...without defense.

He played like complete trash in the playoffs too.

I know you dont mean prime Kidd?

Unless you are saying the way he plays is comparable to the way Kidd plays now but hes younger.

He definitely doesn't play like Kidd when Kidd was his age.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: